Post-Game Talk: This is the end

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Was this season a success?

• Total voters

millax

Dec 24, 2005
What an extremely disappointing way to lose.

One of these years I would love for the Oilers to actually have a lead in the Cup Finals. This coming back from being down 3-1 or 3-0 sure is a great story but there is a reason it usually doesn't have a happy ending.

They deserved better in this series. Once the list of injuries comes out we will see how impressive this performance actually was.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Sorry you guys lost, but thanks for giving us the best SCF in years. I was rooting for the Oilers to pull it off. Use it as a learning experience like the Panthers did last year.

And thank you for Messier, Graves, McTavish, Lowe, Tikannen, and Beukeboom.
Your franchise had the money to buy them, just like LA came up with the cash to buy Gretzky.

What a legacy for the Edmonton Oilers.

midnightcopper

Apr 28, 2021
Sorry you guys lost, but thanks for giving us the best SCF in years. I was rooting for the Oilers to pull it off. Use it as a learning experience like the Panthers did last year.

And thank you for Messier, Graves, McTavish, Lowe, Tikannen, and Beukeboom.
My brother has been a Rangers fan for years, dating back to the days of Giacomin, Stemkowski and the G - A - G line. Was happy that former Oilers were able to assist the Rangers in their cup run.

Reactions: Oilhawks and HANK30

Hoss81

Apr 18, 2024
1719317212587.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: McJedi

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
After sleeping on it, the comeback from down 3-0 is a bit of a championship in itself. Of course the ending wasn't what we wanted but this vs the bad years....I'll take this.

I did not believe in Skinner and he matured so much in this run. I'm very intrigued to see how he plays next season. If Drai is staying and they make a few tweaks and changes, I can see them back here next season. If not, man what a great run and hopefully we see it again before another 18 years goes by.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
My brother has been a Rangers fan for years, dating back to the days of Giacomin, Stemkowski and the G - A - G line. Was happy that former Oilers were able to assist the Rangers in their cup run.
don't give Katz any encouragement he already robbed the city blind

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
After sleeping on it, the comeback from down 3-0 is a bit of a championship in itself. Of course the ending wasn't what we wanted but this vs the bad years....I'll take this.

I did not believe in Skinner and he matured so much in this run. I'm very intrigued to see how he plays next season. If Drai is staying and they make a few tweaks and changes, I can see them back here next season. If not, man what a great run and hopefully we see it again before another 18 years goes by.
No it isn't, why would you say this?

Skinner is an average goaltender, yippee.

If Draisaitl leaves I'll never watch another NHL game.

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
Brutal way to lose... Florida was all over them with huge hits and we didn't respond at all. It gave them so much momentum and confidence in their forecheck again. The big boys looked completely gassed all game. I don't understand why they kept feeding Drai for the one timer, he's clearly injured and can't shoot atm.

Nurse was atrocious. Easily our worst D out there last night.

Hard to find positives with your heart ripped out but Broberg looked fantastic all playoffs. He made some really nasty plays last night as well. Brown and Janmark were also great, hoping they want a redemption year.

Reactions: harpoon

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
Brutal way to lose... Florida was all over them with huge hits and we didn't respond at all. It gave them so much momentum and confidence in their forecheck again. The big boys looked completely gassed all game. I don't understand why they kept feeding Drai for the one timer, he's clearly injured and can't shoot atm.

Nurse was atrocious. Easily our worst D out there last night.

Hard to find positives with your heart ripped out but Broberg looked fantastic all playoffs. He made some really nasty plays last night as well. Brown and Janmark were also great, hoping they want a redemption year.

Lots of positives to take from it but yeah, usually need the sting to go away before you can objectively see them.

The core is young enough you get the big 3 locked up you've got a long window.

My real heartbreak will come if Draisaitl doesn't sign. Because that's probably the end of an era.

Reactions: McJedi

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
So apparently Ratf*** gave a shout out to his fans in Calgary after the game “you know I wouldn’t let Edmonton win” or some shit? I hope someone takes off his head next season. Piece of shit got carried to a Cup. He had a handful of decent games the entire run. Overrated trash tarnishing the Cup with his name

Two years of garbage like him, Bennett, Stone and Pieceofshitangelo (yeah I know his name was on before) getting a Cup makes my nausea for this league deepen
As bad as Tkachuk’s on ice comments were after the game, Maurice’s were even more vomit inducing. He took Narcissism to a new level. I don’t remember them word for word because, honestly, I wanted to forget them as soon as I heard them but he basically compared himself to every great in hockey who had ever won the Stanley Cup because he himself has now won one too. Rocket Richard was one of the names he pulled out of his ass. It was infinitely more bizarre and out there than any of the other pressers he’s given during the playoffs on nights when he was feeling good about himself. Nick Zito isn’t the only lunatic working for that team.

Last edited:

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
The Oilers could easily have won games 3-6, with adequate goaltending. Ultimately Skinner being garbage cost them game 3, and the margin in the series. Thats the only reason there WAS a game 7. Oilers should've had it in 6 games.

Good enough doesn't often get it done in the most important position in hockey.

Too much to ask that Generational superstars could have a bonafide #1 stud in net ever?

Even with Roloson we probably have a cup or two by now.
Bobs has the 2nd goal that beats Skinner last night. That's just a fact. Was always gonna be an insanely tight checking game 7 and he can't let that one in. Lose the cup because of a weak shortside goal (played horribly by Kulak, too).

f*** sakes. This hurts.

Last edited:

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Woke up this morning and am still really pissed off they lost. I’m not mad at the team, they gave us one hell of a fun ride. They knocked out a heavily favoured Canucks team and Stars team then almost completed a near-impossible comeback to win it all to fall just short at the finish line.

As many have said it just shows how important the monotony of the regular season really is. Every point matters to have that all-important home ice advantage in the playoffs.

Last night just had that eerie feel Florida wouldn’t be denied. The hockey gods giveth and they taketh away. The Oilers had two or three pucks just skirt past the outside of the post which might have gone in on any other night. When Bouchard hit the post, I turned to my wife and said they weren’t going to win. I don’t know how but I could just feel it wasn’t going to be their night.

On paper, not many times a team outscores their opponent 23-18 and is +1 on the PK over their power play and lose in a full 7-game series. Their own power play went ice cold at the wrong time. I still don’t believe the better team won the series. The Oilers got goalied in game 1 and a horrendous 5 minute stretch in game 3 was the difference in this series. In a one game showdown, anyone can beat any team on that day.

I will say though, one thing I’ve always believed is in a strange way, it’s almost better to lose your first trip to the finals so you know what the awful, empty feeling of defeat feels like and you never want to feel that pain again. So come back stronger next year.

I know they won’t see this but thank you Oilers for one HELL of a fantastic season you gave us as fans. From 2-9-1, to a 16 game win streak to losing a hard fought cup finals in which you were the better team for most of the entire series.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
No it isn't, why would you say this?

Skinner is an average goaltender, yippee.

If Draisaitl leaves I'll never watch another NHL game.
Cut to the chase and just do that, it will save time.

We're all upset, but your entitled tantrum is quite the thing. This might be too much for you.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
It'll be next year.

It's hard not to see the clear improvements this team will need to make, including some attrition.

Drai is still at $8.5 for one more year.
It’s extremely rare to make it to the finals in back to back years. Is it possible? Yes it likely? No.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad