This is Goodbye

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Wow this hit me... I needed a moment before I could reply.

I am so sorry. Know that your presence here will forever be felt and missed. From the support already in this thread to the support coming in, you have been a big part of this board for the 16 years you have been here. I wish you well on your journey, and wish your family our thoughts.

Thank you for all you have done for us.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis Grub. I hope you can dodge and weave and see the Canucks win the Cup this year. Thanks for all the back and forth over the years.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Hi Guys,

For 16 years hfboards especially HFCANUCKS have been a big part of my life, from my university years to my adult life I’ve made tons of memories here and lots of friends, from the glory Gillis era to the dark era of Jim Benning. Unfortunately, I won’t be able to continue the journey for the cup with you boys anymore.

I was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer around 7 months ago, well let’s just say this is a battle I won’t be able to win. Thank you for the great memories for the past 16 years, it has been a damn great ride, a damn great ride. I hope you boys get to see the Canucks get a cup one day, hopefully god damn soon haha. Make sure you all live your lifes to the fullest and make sure you all have your yearly medical checkup (god damn important). Thank you to the mods for keeping this place lively all these years, especially Mr. Canucklehead. Hope that the coming years will fill you all with great happiness.

Thank you guys for everything.

Goodbye.
Blues fan coming in peace.

I pray the time you have left is lived to the fullest and brings nothing but happiness and joy.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
for real, when we win let’s remember to have someone photoshop hughes pouring champagne out of the cup onto the ice for grub

1720659988778.gif

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Sending any support I can, I remember (a bunch of accounts ago) seeing you in threads in the early Gillis era.

Reminds me a lot of Parabola, losing him was extremely rough, this is also extremely hard to hear.

When we win I'm gonna carve your name onto the HFCanuck Cup myself.

olafsson

Jun 18, 2017
Calgary, AB
f*** cancer. Seriously. You’ve been an admirable poster over the years, a shame to hear what’s going on.

I lost my sister last weekend to stage 4 cancer, I’m just happy I was able to say my last words to her in hospital. I hope you get to say your goodbyes to your loved ones and spend as much time as possible with them.

All the best to you and your friends and family.

Kickassguy

High-End Intangible
Sep 24, 2002
Vancouver + NYC
I'm so sorry to hear this, brother. Your presence in this virtual community of ours that we've all built and strengthened together will be missed, but not forgotten. I hope this team, the common thread that binds us all, finds every success you wish it to.

Wherever your journey may lead you next, I hope you find peace, joy, and love in both familiar and unexpected moments. You're in our thoughts.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Hi Guys,

For 16 years hfboards especially HFCANUCKS have been a big part of my life, from my university years to my adult life I’ve made tons of memories here and lots of friends, from the glory Gillis era to the dark era of Jim Benning. Unfortunately, I won’t be able to continue the journey for the cup with you boys anymore.

I was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer around 7 months ago, well let’s just say this is a battle I won’t be able to win. Thank you for the great memories for the past 16 years, it has been a damn great ride, a damn great ride. I hope you boys get to see the Canucks get a cup one day, hopefully god damn soon haha. Make sure you all live your lifes to the fullest and make sure you all have your yearly medical checkup (god damn important). Thank you to the mods for keeping this place lively all these years, especially Mr. Canucklehead. Hope that the coming years will fill you all with great happiness.

Thank you guys for everything.

Goodbye.

Goodbye. I've never met you, but I do have some affinity with you since you always backed me when I supported Gillis. I hope you fight to the very end, cause my mentor have always told me to live life to the very last breath. Please do the same. My wife will be like who are you arguing with? and I will be like "I DON'T KNOW! WE ARE JUST ON A MESSAGE FORUM!!!"

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Sending any support I can, I remember (a bunch of accounts ago) seeing you in threads in the early Gillis era.

Reminds me a lot of Parabola, losing him was extremely rough, this is also extremely hard to hear.

When we win I'm gonna carve your name onto the HFCanuck Cup myself.
Eddie Punch Clock as well.

We should really have a ring of honor for these posters.

One things for sure, he's getting his name etched onto our 2025 Cup thread.

"Vancouver Canucks- 2025 Stanley Cup Champions. Thanks Grub for the game winning stanchion goal!"

"Vancouver Canucks- 2028 Stanley Cup Champions for the fourth time in a row thanks to more weird flukey goals. Uhh Grub, we're good now!"

Last edited:

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Eddie Punch Clock as well.

We should really have a ring of honor for these posters.

One things for sure, he's getting his name etched onto our 2025 Cup thread.

"Vancouver Canucks- 2025 Stanley Cup Champions. Thanks Grub for the game winning stanchion goal!"

"Vancouver Canucks- 2028 Stanley Cup Champions for the fourth time in a row thanks to more weird flukey goals. Uhh Grub, we're good now!"

Yeah, Eddie too, I think I was actually not here when he passed, I took a very long leave from here during the Benning blunder years.

'Rabs was really difficult for me because we went to the same game store and used to play board games together, Core Games at Brentwood.

Ad

Ad

Ad