This is Goodbye

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
I've been following this thread since you posted this, @Grub , but it has been difficult for me to find the words that might give you comfort in these hardest of times. I truly hope that your remaining time, how ever long that might be, is blessed with love from those closest to you.

Know that your words inspire me to be better, to be kinder, to be a positive force on these boards and in the lives of people I interact with everyday. That's what you've done for me, even as you go through your biggest challenge, and I thank you.

Last edited:

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Hi Guys,

For 16 years hfboards especially HFCANUCKS have been a big part of my life, from my university years to my adult life I’ve made tons of memories here and lots of friends, from the glory Gillis era to the dark era of Jim Benning. Unfortunately, I won’t be able to continue the journey for the cup with you boys anymore.

I was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer around 7 months ago, well let’s just say this is a battle I won’t be able to win. Thank you for the great memories for the past 16 years, it has been a damn great ride, a damn great ride. I hope you boys get to see the Canucks get a cup one day, hopefully god damn soon haha. Make sure you all live your lifes to the fullest and make sure you all have your yearly medical checkup (god damn important). Thank you to the mods for keeping this place lively all these years, especially Mr. Canucklehead. Hope that the coming years will fill you all with great happiness.

Thank you guys for everything.

Goodbye.

Thank you, Grub.

I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Cancer took my father from me, and so my heart goes out to you. No one can fully comprehend what's involved until you experience it.

You wishing everyone else well during this time says a lot about you. Pure class.

God Speed.

Last edited:

Callhee

Embrace the hate.
Aug 24, 2009
Farewell Grub, I'm primarily a lurker, since 2009. And every time I saw your avatar, I knew I was in for an insightful post that I would likely agree with. Many times I would see a post and wanted to respond and then see that you responded with the same thing several posts later.

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
Hi Guys,

For 16 years hfboards especially HFCANUCKS have been a big part of my life. Unfortunately, I won’t be able to continue the journey for the cup with you boys anymore.

I was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer around 7 months ago, well let’s just say this is a battle I won’t be able to .Thank you to the mods for keeping this place lively all these years, especially Mr. Canucklehead. Hope that the coming years will fill you all with great happiness.

Thank you guys for everything.

Goodbye.
Hey Grub...thank you SO much for taking the time to honour YOUR TEAM, the team of contributors that added content sometimes? Different and possibly controversial opinions given in good faith to continue the conversations around our favorite team.

If you want a tattoo that signifies HFBoards and the Canucks along with a few of your favourite posters avatars... Let me know and I will contribute to you getting a legacy tattoo....or we will arrange lit-shit filled paper bags of happiness to great their windows and cars.Allin the name of good sportsmanship of course

Last edited:

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Damn, this is absolutely brutal. Your posts always brought a grin to my face. You always had so much energy and passion, and it was clear you loved the team as much as anyone, so much that it even drove you insane at some points

Wishing you the best in your final days and praying for a miracle. You will be missed and f*** Cancer

LickTheEnvelope

Weird time to be a Canucks fan 2024
Dec 16, 2008
Sidney, formerly Vancouver
The forum can be a positive distraction.

I just lost my son on June 16th, Fathers day.
Today my brother passed at 2:30 am.

Very sorry to hear about your dad and son passing gaurdianll.

I have been so lucky to have had so many people I love avoid death but I know it's coming. I am humbled for my time here to know of you and your father and brother. I wish them peace in the after and hope they are bugging the hockey gods to get the Canucks a cup.

Hey Grub...thank you SO much for taking the time to honour YOUR TEAM, the team of contributors that added content sometimes? Different and possibly controversial opinions given in good faith to continue the conversations around our favorite team.

If you want a tattoo that signifies HFBoards and the Canucks along with a few of your favourite posters avatars... Let me know and I will contribute to you getting a legacy tattoo....or we will arrange lit-shit filled paper bags of happiness to great their windows and cars.Allin the name of good sportsmanship of course

Where do you do tattoos wry?

Grip it N RYP it

Apr 20, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
So sorry to hear this. I've been reading HF since at least 2005, and I've always enjoyed when you shared your opinions, and took part in the board's conversation.

I hope you had a blast following the team, in all areas of life, and get to enjoy this time with the love and comfort of your friends and family. You'll always be with us on these boards.

Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Wishing you peace and love for your days ahead.
Life can be cruel sometimes, it's the memories we all cherish.

This board has been part of our lives, it's like family.
When family leaves us, we all feel affected.

All love.

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
Thinking of you and your loved ones. Your avatar put a smile on my face many, many times.

Wishing you and your family comfort and love in the days ahead and in the journey into what is to come.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
There are no words that will do justice to the circumstance. It sucks and I’m very sorry for what you have gone through.

HF has been a gathering place for some of us for decades. Often you will see members be prolific just to go dormant. It’s not uncommon to see folks cycle in and cycle out of their activity here. Sometimes things outside of hockey just take priority, and sometimes hockey is just the escape you need to focus your mind on something else. I’m sure many of us have been in both places. I know that as far as talking Canucks hockey, this place has always felt like home to me.

Grub, eternally know that when the Canucks do win the Stanley Cup, we’ll all be raising a toast for you here.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
There are no words that will do justice to the circumstance. It sucks and I’m very sorry for what you have gone through.

HF has been a gathering place for some of us for decades. Often you will see members be prolific just to go dormant. It’s not uncommon to see folks cycle in and cycle out of their activity here. Sometimes things outside of hockey just take priority, and sometimes hockey is just the escape you need to focus your mind on something else. I’m sure many of us have been in both places. I know that as far as talking Canucks hockey, this place has always felt like home to me.

Grub, eternally know that when the Canucks do win the Stanley Cup, we’ll all be raising a toast for you here.
Well said. You never know what is going on in people lives. for example, I got a DUI 6 weeks ago, and it has seriously screwed up my life. Tough when u can't drive for 90 days when you have been retired for 15 years.

However, my situation pales in comparison to Grubs, and I have a lot to be thankful for. And I have quit drinking, but if we win the cup I will have one for Grub

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad