Proposal: Third line center to Edmonton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
At the deadline - for sure.

I think right now the cap hit is too high for Edmonton, and the Senators need all of the healthy centres they can muster.

Tierney gets the Sens a 2nd rounder (and a warm body) at the deadline. More if there are several teams interested.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Lets see--our best D prospect for

a 29 McKegg who is a UFA after this seaon
Rooney who is also 29 and a UFA after this season
23 year old Hajek who has not shown very much
Geo is interesting but we would give you what we have for Talbot and that is it

and we toss in a third for getting bent over the boards?

What we have is better than both McKegg and Rooney

Again with the Broberg stuff? There is not one piece in that offer that moves the needle. Geo is not interesting anymore with his play. The rest are the absolute dregs of your roster. If your going to offer shit like this you should expect to get blasted. We are not moving our top prospect at D for AHL filler players. It's downright comical that the Oil even adds a 3rd to Broberg.

1 both forget the 2 2nds this yr
2 the 3rd is not until next season, not this
3 OP advises RNH playing like a 4th liner
4 Rooney is actually good and super cheap; he is middle 6 material, easy on 3rd line and can 2nd line in a pinch
4 McKegg is 4th line but you could do worse for expiring min $ depth
5 Hajek is a replacement body
6, Geo at half is useful for you, whether you admit it or not.

---------
If you don't want a big deal, fine but I would not move Rooney for less than a 2nd, which you don't have this yr

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
4 Rooney is actually good and super cheap; he is middle 6 material, easy on 3rd line and can 2nd line in a pinch

---------
If you don't want a big deal, fine but I would not move Rooney for less than a 2nd, which you don't have this yr
You offered nothing of value for a top prospect. McKegg and hajek don’t offer any value. Roony and 2 2nds while nice doesn’t get you broberg. Geo is nothing different then the goalies they have

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg

---------
I think you need to peddle your snake oil elsewhere.

Reactions: spaghtti

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Rooney undervalued, the package is sufficient

Rooney is maybe a quarter to Broberg's dollar, and the rest is a handful of pennies. Typical bernmeister deal where you go to the grocery store with a jar full of small change.

It's also just kind of a silly trade for both teams. Rangers need to win now and Oilers need a better 3C than Rooney.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
In another thread an Anaheim poster was on board with Kassian for Grant. He's much like Ryan, closer to a 4th line C but saves $1.7 per on the cap, year shorter length on his deal. Grant is good in the circle and solid defensively. He's got 4 helpers in 14 games playing 4th line for the Ducks. He'd be a better 3c option than Ryan who should be 4th line C.

McDavid
Draisaitl
Grant
Ryan

The deal addsalmost $2 savings which would really help when we have to sign Puljujarvi and Yamamoto.

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
In another thread an Anaheim poster was on board with Kassian for Grant. He's much like Ryan, closer to a 4th line C but saves $1.7 per on the cap, year shorter length on his deal. Grant is good in the circle and solid defensively. He'd be a better 3c option than Ryan is looking, and allows Ryan to be on the 4th line where he probably should be at the point.

McDavid
Draisaitl
Grant
Ryan

The deal addsalmost $2 savings which would really help when we have to sign Puljujarvi and Yamamoto.

Grant is more of a second Ryan, not an upgrade. He's got terrible relative possession stats, too.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Grant is more of a second Ryan, not an upgrade. He's got terrible relative possession stats, too.

I'm aware he's not ideally a 3c but it helps the cap situation, which I see as just as important. He's a good option in the circle. Even if we had to make further moves if McLeod doesn't develop as hoped I'd do this as a short term addition with longer term cap benefits.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I'm aware he's not ideally a 3c but it helps the cap situation, which I see as just as important. He's a good option in the circle. Even if we had to make further moves if McLeod doesn't develop as hoped I'd do this as a short term addition with longer term cap benefits.

I think Kassian is very moveable if the Oilers want to (I don't think they're in a hurry to move Kass). So it's just a question of whether this is the right guy to fix the 3C issue and I don't think Grant is.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008

---------

1 - why would we be looking for picks
2 - your point stands
3 - You definitely misunderstood the OP, he was talking about Derek Ryan not Nuge (though it doesn’t change the basis of the thread, we’d like a 3C)
4-6 None of those guys interest us….. maybe Georgiev a bit but goalies are so flaky; right now Skinner looks better than him (small sample size)

Sorry Bern, Broberg is going nowhere. Near untouchable.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
If you can wait until the offseason, Lars Eller will likely be available. He's a very good 3C but the Caps have Kuznetsov, Backstrom (hopefully), and just re-signed Dowd as 4c and they have McMichael ready now for full-time NHL duty. Protas and Lapierre also look like legit NHLers as well.

Reactions: Nikopark

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
NYR + StL 2022 2nds
Rooney
McKegg
Hajek
Geo at half

for

Broberg
Oil 2023 3rd

you have 0 cap space per CF.
An acceptable expiring cap dump can be discussed.

I think Oilers fans have made it clear that Broberg in't being traded . I am not sure how you don't understand this . Klefbom is done and we need someone long term on the 2nd pairing . Broberg is our future 2nd pairing guy . Throwing a bunch of quarter at us for our blue chip LD prospect that is a need isn't going to get it done . Geo also isn't the goalie we are looking for .

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax

---------

RNH is playing the best hockey of his career . Some may look at his goals and see the 1 but RNH has been great defensively his passes are Draisaitl level . Oh forgot you had Draisaitl as a 40 point C with out McDavid . Point is some of these takes are so wrong it isn't funny just like 40 point Draisaitl take .

Last edited:

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Rooney undervalued, the package is sufficient

Base on what you are saying ? Well bad news for you he won't be traded for a bunch of lessor parts . We have his rights and aren't looking to sell . You want us to sell him convince us to do so by offering high end piece then add in the much needed profit as you like to do for the NYR . So 2 high end 1st round picks prospects that hasn't had their development stalled .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad