Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 3 - Flyers Rumors and Media Mentions: Never Ending Circles

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Alright here’s a couple tidbits I have heard with talking to some people… take w a grain of salt as always

-Farabee is in line to be the next captain, or get a letter, he is heavily relied upon with getting new players acclimated and the “Farabee crew” is a very real thing, “think the Richards/Carter/Upshall/Lupul days”

-Expect some load management early on from Torts on Coots. Relationship is better.

-Kolosov seems invested on giving this a fair shake

-Michkov’s english is blowing people away

-Players very happy with way Hilferty, Jones, Briere have handled the day to day of being a Flyer… Flyers are pretty first class to play for historically, but I get the feeling the last crew wasn’t around very often LOL
As you said in the prediction thread, Why do you think Brink won't be here long?

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
As you said in the prediction thread, Why do you think Brink won't be here long?
I just kind of get the vibe he’s not in their plans. Maybe a trade chip. I don’t think the scoring will be high enough to justify his inclusion long term. I’m no insider, just the vibe I get.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I just kind of get the vibe he’s not in their plans. Maybe a trade chip. I don’t think the scoring will be high enough to justify his inclusion long term. I’m no insider, just the vibe I get.
I think it's wide open the next few years.
TK, Farabee, Tippett, Michkov, Luchanko are expected top 5.
Foerster and Frost have a shot in the top 6.

Couts is long-term contract but could be pushed down to 3C
Brink, Cates pushing for 3rd line role.

In the system, Bump, Tuomaala probably best shot to push for top 9 in near future.
Barkey, Berglund, Powell, Ciernak longer term candidates.
But unlikely any can push someone down from top 6.

Wildcard is 2025 draft, with 5 picks probably in the top 40 (CBJ, Anaheim 2nd) Flyers may draft 2-3 forwards or trade for young top 6 center.

So it'll be tough path for Brink, but really for a lot of Flyer young forwards and prospects.
At some point they'll probably do a major trade built around say a 1st, 2nd, and two minor prospects or a 1st and player like Frost/Brink/Cates.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
I understand that, I take it with a grain of salt.

I think Brink is one of the most naturally talented offensive players on that team, and I think he can be a 70 point scorer given the right circumstances. I don't take all three zones data as gospel on account of lack of total tracked time, but the amount of dark blue lines can't be ignored. I've described his game as offensively mature. He knows when to shoot, when to pass. He's just a well-developed talent....But I don't particularly trust their eye when it comes to non-elite offensive talent to be honest.

1728505503427.png

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

I think Brink is one of the most naturally talented offensive players on that team, and I think he can be a 70 point scorer given the right circumstances. I don't take all three zones data as gospel on account of lack of total tracked time, but the amount of dark blue lines can't be ignored. I've described his game as offensively mature. He knows when to shoot, when to pass. He's just a well-developed talent....But I don't particularly trust their eye when it comes to non-elite offensive talent to be honest.

View attachment 914073
I think skating will be the only thing that can hold Brink back, but it has improved.
He's small, but stouter than say Caufield.
Needs to improve his shot as well just to keep defenses honest, but it's not bad.

Probably the second best pure playmaker after Michkov.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada

View attachment 914073
what are his grinds per 60 stat thats were the numbers matter here..

Reactions: VladDrag

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
I think skating will be the only thing that can hold Brink back, but it has improved.
He's small, but stouter than say Caufield.
Needs to improve his shot as well just to keep defenses honest, but it's not bad.

Probably the second best pure playmaker after Michkov.
I don’t disagree re skating. The puck gets taken off his stick in transition too many times.

But his shot mechanics are excellent.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Brinks scored 1.64 ESP/60 last season compared to 1.25 for Foerster. Of course Foerster got much more ice time and better linemates because Flyers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad