Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 3 - Flyers Rumors and Media Mentions: Never Ending Circles

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

volnoir

Nov 13, 2015
From everything that has been said, much of the problems between Kolosov and Gauthier really appear to be communication issues from team to player.

From what's been said, Gauthier was told he would be signed at some point, then the Flyers reneged on that and he refused to sign after that point for broken trust.

Kolosov by the optics came over to NA then a few days later the Flyers go and bring Fedotov into the fold. When they brought Kolosov over did they tell him he was going to be the backup in Philly then renege on that as well after finding out they could get Fedotov out of Russia? Almost feels that way based on latest reports from Kolosov camp.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Can't anyone get photos of Gauthier's childhood NHL bedsheets to settle this once and for all?

il_fullxfull.6233428948_qb9u.jpg

(He was a Penguins fan)

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
From everything that has been said, much of the problems between Kolosov and Gauthier really appear to be communication issues from team to player.

From what's been said, Gauthier was told he would be signed at some point, then the Flyers reneged on that and he refused to sign after that point for broken trust.

Kolosov by the optics came over to NA then a few days later the Flyers go and bring Fedotov into the fold. When they brought Kolosov over did they tell him he was going to be the backup in Philly then renege on that as well after finding out they could get Fedotov out of Russia? Almost feels that way based on latest reports from Kolosov camp.
Mind sharing what they said as havent seen anything. Thanks.

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
any of you posters EVER criticize players ? it's always the coach(s).....or the front office.....

Patrick quit on the Flyers as did Gauthier and now Kolosov .

If certain players won't at least TRY, why would Jones or Briere want them ??

there's the effin' door ya quitters :nopity: enough of the drama 😭

a beer for both Briere AND Jones 🍻

Players get criticized all of the time.

The coach is a cancer. The front office is poorly run.

Patrick didn't quit on the Flyers. Gauthier was poorly managed. Kolosov is being poorly managed.

What players do not try?

You bitch about player drama, what about front office and especially the coach's drama? Enough is enough, I agree. Start from the top.

A beer and early retirement, for both please.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think a lot of fans here need to read outside of Flyers land.

Just follow NHL rumors and you'll see how numerous coach/player, player miscalculation, etc. are around the league. This player demands a trade, that player is holding out, etc.

And even good teams make numerous miscalculations, Toronto and TB both gave up on Verhaeghe. Boston traded Wheeler and Seguin for pennies on the dollar. And so on.

And I laugh when people says Torts is too old school and will alienate his players.

Stoutland is a coaching God in Philly, and he makes Torts look like a p***ycat, he rides his players harder, is a profanity machine, and his players boast about being graduates of Stoutland U.

Torts may be an asshole as a coach, but he's a genuine and decent human being (and loves dogs) and his players know that - Flyers have had some schmucks as coaches.

What Torts does with the rope drill is similar to what Andy Reid used to do in his camps.l
It's both a conditioning test, but also a team bonding exercise (us against him) as well as bringing out the competitive juices (I won't be the first to go down).

Perspective simply means don't overreact to every move, look at the whole picture.
Howie has made numerous mistakes, but Eagles have made playoffs 6 of last 7 years with a SB win and SB loss. That's what matters.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022

Just follow NHL rumors and you'll see how numerous coach/player, player miscalculation, etc. are around the league. This player demands a trade, that player is holding out, etc.

And even good teams make numerous miscalculations, Toronto and TB both gave up on Verhaeghe. Boston traded Wheeler and Seguin for pennies on the dollar. And so on.

And I laugh when people says Torts is too old school and will alienate his players.

Stoutland is a coaching God in Philly, and he makes Torts look like a p***ycat, he rides his players harder, is a profanity machine, and his players boast about being graduates of Stoutland U.

Torts may be an asshole as a coach, but he's a genuine and decent human being (and loves dogs) and his players know that - Flyers have had some schmucks as coaches.

What Torts does with the rope drill is similar to what Andy Reid used to do in his camps.l
It's both a conditioning test, but also a team bonding exercise (us against him) as well as bringing out the competitive juices (I won't be the first to go down).

Perspective simply means don't overreact to every move, look at the whole picture.
Howie has made numerous mistakes, but Eagles have made playoffs 6 of last 7 years with a SB win and SB loss. That's what matters.
You are comparing that to the Flyers?

Flyers are a total shit show. Have been for a long time. What other teams do does not matter as we are talking/focusing on the team at hand. The Flyers.

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Well, checkmate us, I guess, they found the one weirdo. In the NHL preseason poll, they asked players which coach, other than their own, they'd like to play for.

The Athletic said:
The funniest response here?

“This may sound weird, but Torts,” said one Western Conference defenseman. “I’d like to try Torts.”

So, there, it's not unanimous, there is at least one weirdo in the NHL who would like to play for Tortorella.

(Granted, this is behind Cooper, Maurice, Quenneville, Montgomery, Brind'Amour, and tied with Colliton, DeBoer, Knoblauch, and Michael Peca, but there you have it.)

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC

Just follow NHL rumors and you'll see how numerous coach/player, player miscalculation, etc. are around the league.
How many other teams have had 2 high profile prospects who have yet to play an NHL game publicly refuse to play for their team in less than a year?

He's the most hated coach as voted by the players.

He wasn't a part of the last team of his to win a cup's reunion.

His last real playoff success was 20 years ago.

The list of players beefing with him and the Flyers is huge and gets longer every year.

And you're out here telling us how good a human he is, and that he likes dogs? This is the kind of intellectually bankrupt fluff piece you would expect from someone within the team's tightly restricted media. No one cares that Torts like dogs when most other aspects of his personality are dog shit.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Since when was a 3rd rd pick "a high profile prospect"? Exaggerate much?

Torts had more playoff success in CBJ than Toronto has had the past eight seasons.
Got to 2nd rd twice, made PO four staight seasons until idiot GM deep sixed the franchise.
NYR, got to CF, 2nd rd in 3 seasons.

ponder719

Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
And you're out here telling us how good a human he is, and that he likes dogs? This is the kind of intellectually bankrupt fluff piece you would expect from someone within the team's tightly restricted media. No one cares that Torts like dogs when most other aspects of his personality are dog shit.

We know Torts likes dogs. How else would you explain the amount of ice time our bottom 6 gets?

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Since when was a 3rd rd pick "a high profile prospect"? Exaggerate much?

Torts had more playoff success in CBJ than Toronto has had the past eight seasons.
Got to 2nd rd twice, made PO four staight seasons until idiot GM deep sixed the franchise.
NYR, got to CF, 2nd rd in 3 seasons.
Another BS narrative.

High profile in the snese they hyped him up?

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
any of you posters EVER criticize players ? it's always the coach(s).....or the front office.....

Patrick quit on the Flyers as did Gauthier and now Kolosov .

If certain players won't at least TRY, why would Jones or Briere want them ??

there's the effin' door ya quitters :nopity: enough of the drama 😭

a beer for both Briere AND Jones 🍻

There’s also the angle that’s been floated around that Cutter didn’t know what he was doing yet for the next year, and the team didn’t really beg him to go pro immediately- and it irked him

ponder719

Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
what has any of those players proven ?.....or what have any of those players EARNED ?

I'm listening .....

Why does anyone have to earn the right to decide they won't take bullshit from someone? What about playing a sport deprives you of the basic right to tell people to go screw if you think you're being disrespected?

Reactions: Curufinwe

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
There’s also the angle that’s been floated around that Cutter didn’t know what he was doing yet for the next year, and the team didn’t really beg him to go pro immediately- and it irked him

I think the most realistic scenario and the one I have heard a few times (Friedman and a couple of other places as well a bit closer to home) is...

Fletcher had spoken to Gauthier and agent and they had some kind of thought/understanding that at the end of 2022-23 they would sign Gauthier, burn a year, play a few games and then he would try and make Flyers for 2023-24 (and would make them likely). I mean, he was a top 5 pick and not too many play multiple years of NCAA after being drafted... especially after being one of the best players in College Hockey already AND then making the USA World Champs team.

The FO changed... at a kind of bad time... March... right around the time Gauthier might be expecting to sign. The new FO at some point speaks to his camp and indicate the want him to go back to College for another year...

this basically loses Gauthier a hell of a lot of money, millions, and he thinks he has outgrown college hockey already (kind of confirmed in World Champs if in doubt), and he feels slighted by Flyers and like they went back on an agreement... so from that point forward it was "f*** you guys".

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think the most realistic scenario and the one I have heard a few times (Friedman and a couple of other places as well a bit closer to home) is...

Fletcher had spoken to Gauthier and agent and they had some kind of thought/understanding that at the end of 2022-23 they would sign Gauthier, burn a year, play a few games and then he would try and make Flyers for 2023-24 (and would make them likely). I mean, he was a top 5 pick and not too many play multiple years of NCAA after being drafted... especially after being one of the best players in College Hockey already AND then making the USA World Champs team.

The FO changed... at a kind of bad time... March... right around the time Gauthier might be expecting to sign. The new FO at some point speaks to his camp and indicate the want him to go back to College for another year...

this basically loses Gauthier a hell of a lot of money, millions, and he thinks he has outgrown college hockey already (kind of confirmed in World Champs if in doubt), and he feels slighted by Flyers and like they went back on an agreement... so from that point forward it was "f*** you guys".
I wonder if it also has to do with center v wing.

His freshman year he was iffy as a center, did he want to stay at center and the Flyers told him they saw him as a wing and he'd need another year in college to play center in the NHL?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad