Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 3 - Flyers Rumors and Media Mentions: Never Ending Circles

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
How about this: "We have noticed a trend of numerous players becoming very dissatisfied with our poor treatment of them, and we will correct our incorrect methods to keep ourselves from losing any more talent."

That would be good. Learning from their mistakes. What an idea!

There is a reason the Flyers are the common denominator in all these endless players conflicts. Show they have the very basic awareness needed to notice that, and assure fans they're fixing it. Instead of being proud of their arrogance.

Danny's first line was good - he said something like "we are always doing self review"...Just leave it at that!.....and then he gave the money twitter quote because of Ego and Arrogance.

Sad

Reactions: BernieParent
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
It's not even a hot take. He learned the trade from Fletcher. If Fletcher is as bad a teacher as he is a GM then of course Briere will be worse
It’s not even just Fletcher. This how they operate. Look how Clarke was. This stench around the Flyers organization runs deep and there are zero signs it’s going to change.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
May I ask why you keep pushing this BS West Coast narrative? What is your motive here? To keep defending th Flyers in some way?
He's from Arizona, he's given no reason for his decision to force a trade, so connect the dots . . .
Fox forced a trade to NYC. McGroaty forced a trade to Pittsburgh, which is on a downward spiral (from Nebraska, didn't want to play in Winnipeg).

Anaheim is a lousy team, Gauthier didn't force a trade there b/c he's dying to play for a Cup.

And it's not about money, and I seriously doubt it's about Torts, Flyers fans obsess on him but I doubt prospects think twice.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
He's from Arizona, he's given no reason for his decision to force a trade, so connect the dots . . .
Fox forced a trade to NYC. McGroaty forced a trade to Pittsburgh, which is on a downward spiral (from Nebraska, didn't want to play in Winnipeg).

Anaheim is a lousy team, Gauthier didn't force a trade there b/c he's dying to play for a Cup.

And it's not about money, and I seriously doubt it's about Torts, Flyers fans obsess on him but I doubt prospects think twice.
So you are just speculation and making shit up. Understood. Those other have zero to do with the Cutter situation. He doesn't have to give a reason. Unlike the Flyers he is acting like a mature adult.

All your doing is trying to find an out for the Flyers. Why can't accept that maybe just maybe (I know it is hard) that the Flyers were at fault for having to trade him.

Flyers are a lousy team. So, they have that in common.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I don't think there's a strongman approach.

Gauthier wanted out, don't know why, but they repeatedly tried to talk to him, was rebuffed, spent six months looking for a deal, ended up with something similar to Fox. They didn't want to trade him, he forced their hand (yes, they could have screwed with him by forcing him to play out his college career, that would be "hardball tactics").

From all reports they had an agreement with Kolosov to loan him to Minsk for another season (2nd as starter there) then come over.

I'd point out that some Russian players are so eager to play in NA they've come over to play junior hockey, others jump at the chance to come over and work their way up to a NHL roster.

We simply don't know why Kolosov doesn't want to come over, but he's playing for his hometown team, I suspect it would be very different if he got traded to another KHL team a 1000 miles away.

Problem for the FLyers is if they loan him, he'll probably make the same demand next year, burn through his ELC before they can evaluate him, and force them to offer him a RFA contract and give him a NHL job. If he's not an elite prospect, why would they want to do that?

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019

Gauthier wanted out, don't know why, but they repeatedly tried to talk to him, was rebuffed, spent six months looking for a deal, ended up with something similar to Fox. They didn't want to trade him, he forced their hand (yes, they could have screwed with him by forcing him to play out his college career, that would be "hardball tactics").

From all reports they had an agreement with Kolosov to loan him to Minsk for another season (2nd as starter there) then come over.

I'd point out that some Russian players are so eager to play in NA they've come over to play junior hockey, others jump at the chance to come over and work their way up to a NHL roster.

We simply don't know why Kolosov doesn't want to come over, but he's playing for his hometown team, I suspect it would be very different if he got traded to another KHL team a 1000 miles away.

Problem for the FLyers is if they loan him, he'll probably make the same demand next year, burn through his ELC before they can evaluate him, and force them to offer him a RFA contract and give him a NHL job. If he's not an elite prospect, why would they want to do that?

I mean primarily in their rhetoric.

If their approach is going to be more confrontational or resolute than in years past, so be it.

I don't care about the noise. I care about the outcome.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022

Can also say they forced his hand by not signing him asap after his freshman year.

Do the Flyers think Kolosov is an elite prospect is the question. Either way the optics do not look no matter what. For both situations and the RYJO one as well.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
It’s not even just Fletcher. This how they operate. Look how Clarke was. This stench around the Flyers organization runs deep and there are zero signs it’s going to change.
The strong man approach has been going on in the organization for years. It's old school hockey that should have passed away decades ago. I don't see much evidence of Briere having that type of attitude. If the strong man vibe is carrying on here, IMO, the culprit is Tortorella. I'd venture that Briere and Jones do have a clue as to how to manage a club in the modern era. They played in other organizations and are not that far removed from being in the game. Torts not at all.
Tortorella is the epitome of old school and prides himself in being that. He'll probably listen to what others have to offer and then say **** it, I'm doing it my way. He enjoys fighting with players in order to teach them how to play the game his "right way", even though that gets him fired in job after job. In the end that alienates his team and they revolt.
Tortorella will pull his crap with Michkov. It's already started with silliness about how "MM needs to learn what he can and can not do in the NHL". The best thing that can happen for the Flyers is if the rest of the team stands behind MM when Tortorella goes after him. He's already run over so many of the players in the locker room it's hard to believe that they won't support MM. The sooner that the cancer that is Tortorella is excised from the organization the better. It will not improve until he is gone. If anyone has any doubts about this check with Tampa Bay, Vancouver, New York Rangers and Columbus.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
What is your motive here? To keep defending th Flyers in some way?
I think we all know the answer to that.

Connect the dots, just not the ones where the Flyers are the common denominator in all this. Those dots stay isolate.

Reactions: Kelmitchell2

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
How about this: "We have noticed a trend of numerous players becoming very dissatisfied with our poor treatment of them, and we will correct our incorrect methods to keep ourselves from losing any more talent."

That would be good. Learning from their mistakes. What an idea!

There is a reason the Flyers are the common denominator in all these endless players conflicts. Show they have the very basic awareness needed to notice that, and assure fans they're fixing it. Instead of being proud of their arrogance.
That's too far the other way and I can't see any franchise using that language, except as a legal requirement. If I were writing the script, it would be something like: "We work at every level to maintain the highest degree of support and open dialogue with our players, our coaches, and all of our staff members. We are putting an extra emphasis on excellent communication, both throughout our franchise and with colleagues at every level of competitive hockey, to ensure that we are attracting the highest level of talent, and that people want to be part of our team and do business with us."

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
It’s just a matter of time when the next player with issues torches them more publicly.

Provorov, Ghost, Voracek, Hayes, TDA, Farabee, and Frost are known examples of guys having issues.

Briere is a moron, and a cuckold, same as Fletcher.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Danny's first line was good - he said something like "we are always doing self review"...Just leave it at that!.....and then he gave the money twitter quote because of Ego and Arrogance.

Sad

Based on the lack of change in how they do things, it sure seems their self review is "we are right again, everyone else is wrong"

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
any of you posters EVER criticize players ? it's always the coach(s).....or the front office.....

Patrick quit on the Flyers as did Gauthier and now Kolosov .

If certain players won't at least TRY, why would Jones or Briere want them ??

there's the effin' door ya quitters :nopity: enough of the drama 😭

a beer for both Briere AND Jones 🍻
I have been called out by players for critcizing them, big deal !!!

Management and Coaches for Flyers are hot garbage, past and current.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Fox forced a trade to NYC

Connect the dots indeed.

9eM76fsFaT-14.png

Fox and Gauthier have nothing in common. Fox, as a 3rd rounder, was entering his senior year, had the academic card to play, and only wanted to go to one team. Gauthier was a top 5 pick, was early in his sophomore year, and was suffering a case of ELC blue balls to the point his trade list was 18-20 teams, according to Seravalli. I don't count 18-20 NHL teams on the West Coast.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Connect the dots indeed.

9eM76fsFaT-14.png

Fox and Gauthier have nothing in common. Fox, as a 3rd rounder, was entering his senior year, had the academic card to play, and only wanted to go to one team. Gauthier was a top 5 pick, was early in his sophomore year, and was suffering a case of ELC blue balls to the point his trade list was 18-20 teams, according to Seravalli. I don't count 18-20 NHL teams on the West Coast.
Fox finished his junior season when he went pro. After he was traded where he wanted to go.
Gauthier finished his sophomore season then went pro.

The real difference was Fox was a 3rd rd pick who had a breakout junior season that elevated his status to elite prospect. Gauthier was a top 5 pick.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Why the hell are we talking about not wanting to come East? He went to BC.

Played in Michigan before that. On top of growing up the son of a journeymen minor league hockey player dad. That kid lived all over the place his entire life. He really doesn’t have long term regional ties to anywhere on the continent. Hell he was even born in Sweden & spent time living there too.

Fox grew up in the NYC metro area & probably didn’t leave there for an extended period of time until he started his higher level hockey career in his later teens with the US Program then Harvard.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I believe with Gauthier prior to playing the U16 YOG for the US, people were questioning what even his international eligibility status was because he had a Canadian father & didn’t have really any extended residency anywhere. Now that’s an IIHF sanctioned event so you need a passport for the country you want to play for. So that confirmed it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad