Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 3 - Flyers Rumors and Media Mentions: Never Ending Circles

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
You field 12 forwards, every team in the league would be happy to have Poehling in their bottom six.
Look at even the best teams, few have more than 6 or 7 forwards with 30+ ES points.
FLA (5) plus (2) with 29
BOS (6)
NYR (5)
CAR (6)
TOR (7)
DAL (8)
WIN (7)
VAN (7)
EDM (6)
NASH (5)
TB (6)
He also should have been moved at the deadline. Then find the next RP type to plug in as they are available. Asset management is not a Flyers forte.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Poeling as a 4th liner is good.

As a 3rd liner is dumb.
With the roster as it is, you're basically guaranteed Laughton and Poehling as the two bottom 6 centers. Although, we can't rule out Torts pulling more dumb shit with Frost.

Tippett-Couturier-Konecny (the $181,600,000 line)
Farabee-Frost-Michkov
Foerster-Laughton-Brink
Cates-Poehling-Hathaway

Last edited:

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
As with the last two years, Frost is somehow going to get the shaft. He’s going to be the first guy to be benched when the team skids, he’s not going to be given any slack.

I just hope he comes out and scored 10 points in his first 6 games and forces Torts to play him big minutes.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
With the roster as it is, you're basically guaranteed Laughton and Poehling as the two bottom 6 centers. Although, we can't rule out Torts pulling more dumb shit with Frost.

Farabee-Frost-Michkov
Foerster-Laughton-Brink
Cates-Poehling-Hathaway
One of the reasons that I wanted Laughton traded was to get him out of the 3C slot. Unfortunately if that were to happen Tortorella would just move Cates over to that position. Let’s hope that DB makes a deal to upgrade the center spot or someone comes out of camp and can claim it. The Flyers weakness at center crushes their ability to play competitive hockey. You can’t win consistently by playing on the fringes of the rink.

Reactions: BernieParent

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
One of the reasons that I wanted Laughton traded was to get him out of the 3C slot. Unfortunately if that were to happen Tortorella would just move Cates over to that position. Let’s hope that DB makes a deal to upgrade the center spot or someone comes out of camp and can claim it. The Flyers weakness at center crushes their ability to play competitive hockey. You can’t win consistently by playing on the fringes of the rink.
Peyton Krebs come on down. He will be a Flyers at some point.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Problem is you don't want to spend real assets on a veteran center, and there are only a few up and coming young centers that teams are willing to trade.

Credit Briere for not signing a washed up veteran (Filppula type) to a 3x5 contract.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
You field 12 forwards, every team in the league would be happy to have Poehling in their bottom six.
Look at even the best teams, few have more than 6 or 7 forwards with 30+ ES points.
FLA (5) plus (2) with 29
BOS (6)
NYR (5)
CAR (6)
TOR (7)
DAL (8)
WIN (7)
VAN (7)
EDM (6)
NASH (5)
TB (6)
Poehling is a wash at best for the Flyers since he tops out as a good bottom-6 forward, which you have said is the role of the Phantoms to generate at ELC salary.

Reactions: pit and renberg

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
As with the last two years, Frost is somehow going to get the shaft. He’s going to be the first guy to be benched when the team skids, he’s not going to be given any slack.

I just hope he comes out and scored 10 points in his first 6 games and forces Torts to play him big minutes.
My hot-take prediction is that Frost will be punished for Michkov's defensive lapses.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly

Farabee-Frost-Michkov
Foerster-Laughton-Brink
Cates-Poehling-Hathaway
I guess that is what confuses me about Eklin and Abols - you still have Deslauriers as a scratch...where is the opportunity for Eklin? Abols?

Unless they move people - I just don't see it, like at all.

It goes without saying, same boat for Lycksell, Samu, Rizzo etc etc

Reactions: BernieParent

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Same logic for the defense, Erik Johnson in a vacuum as your 7th is TOTALLY FINE....

But when you have 7 guys who don't seem to be going anywhere and you are in a rebuild....

York - Sanehim
Seeler - Drysdale
Zamula - Risto
EJ

If you don't bring back Seeler and don't bring back EJ - you have spots.

Where are you finding minutes for Ginning, Andrae, Attard? I would even want to see Hunter McDonald at some point. Why not?

Emil Andrae is still young, turning 23 in Feb 2025, but he's someone Danny almost consistently mentions during press conferences. I don't mind him being in the AHL for a little bit, but where are the battles for spots?

You want kids to earn their place - but there's really not even legitimate battles to be had for spots at camp? Like this is the roster...there is no roster flexibility when you bring back EJ, Seeler...

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

It's up to Frost to seize the opportunity.

While he's not a defensive liability, he's simply not physical to be a difference maker on defense.
On offense, he has to do more than just "be there," with his speed and skill, he should be a play driver. He tends to be passive instead of controlling play.

It's not that he's "bad," it's that he's still a marginal 2C, good enough for a marginal playoff team but not a SC contender. Hasn't shown enough to be a key player.

Can't blame his linemates, he was matched with the best offensive forwards on the team.

Linemates:
Tippett 412
TK 262
Farabee 247
Foerster 230
Atkinson 226
Brink 188

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Same logic for the defense, Erik Johnson in a vacuum as your 7th is TOTALLY FINE....

But when you have 7 guys who don't seem to be going anywhere and you are in a rebuild....

York - Sanehim
Seeler - Drysdale
Zamula - Risto
EJ

If you don't bring back Seeler and don't bring back EJ - you have spots.

Where are you finding minutes for Ginning, Andrae, Attard? I would even want to see Hunter McDonald at some point. Why not?

Emil Andrae is still young, turning 23 in Feb 2025, but he's someone Danny almost consistently mentions during press conferences. I don't mind him being in the AHL for a little bit, but where are the battles for spots?

You want kids to earn their place - but there's really not even legitimate battles to be had for spots at camp? Like this is the roster...there is no roster flexibility when you bring back EJ, Seeler...
Who would you pair with Drysdale, who is shaky on defense?
Drysdale played his best hockey paired with Seeler.
If you think his development is important, Seeler is the only choice.

Risto has carried Zamula so far. Zamula played better with Risto, Risto played better w/o Zamula.
If you replace Zamula with Andrae, you want Risto as his partner, not Attard.

Pairing two inexperienced D-men tends to work out poorly for both players.

Boocowski

Mar 31, 2024
I don't know if this was posted somewhere else or not but this is a list from The Athlete on how happy fans are with their team's Front Office. Flyers higher than I would have expected. Michkov bump maybe.

The list:

1. Florida
2. Dallas
3. Tampa Bay
4. Utah
5. Vancouver
6. Montreal
7. New Jersey
8. Carolina
9. Colorado
10. Nashville
11. Vegas
12. Chicago
13. San Jose
14. Boston
15. Washington
16. Anaheim
17. New York Rangers
18. Calgary
19. Winnipeg
20. Philadelphia
21. Detroit
22. Ottawa
23. St Louis
24. Minnesota
25. Edmonton
26. Buffalo
27. Seattle
28. Columbus
29. Pittsburgh
30. Toronto
31. Los Angeles
32. New York Islanders

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
I don't know if this was posted somewhere else or not but this is a list from The Athlete on how happy fans are with their team's Front Office. Flyers higher than I would have expected. Michkov bump maybe.

The list:

1. Florida
2. Dallas
3. Tampa Bay
4. Utah
5. Vancouver
6. Montreal
7. New Jersey
8. Carolina
9. Colorado
10. Nashville
11. Vegas
12. Chicago
13. San Jose
14. Boston
15. Washington
16. Anaheim
17. New York Rangers
18. Calgary
19. Winnipeg
20. Philadelphia
21. Detroit
22. Ottawa
23. St Louis
24. Minnesota
25. Edmonton
26. Buffalo
27. Seattle
28. Columbus
29. Pittsburgh
30. Toronto
31. Los Angeles
32. New York Islanders

How are the Oilers 25th?

Reactions: Tarpongg

DAVIDE1333

Dec 22, 2019

The list:

1. Florida
2. Dallas
3. Tampa Bay
4. Utah
5. Vancouver
6. Montreal
7. New Jersey
8. Carolina
9. Colorado
10. Nashville
11. Vegas
12. Chicago
13. San Jose
14. Boston
15. Washington
16. Anaheim
17. New York Rangers
18. Calgary
19. Winnipeg
20. Philadelphia
21. Detroit
22. Ottawa
23. St Louis
24. Minnesota
25. Edmonton
26. Buffalo
27. Seattle
28. Columbus
29. Pittsburgh
30. Toronto
31. Los Angeles
32. New York Islanders
"Flyers higher than I would have expected. Michkov bump maybe."

Stepford Wives

Tarpongg

#fakerebuild #cutterwasright
May 26, 2012

The list:

1. Florida
2. Dallas
3. Tampa Bay
4. Utah
5. Vancouver
6. Montreal
7. New Jersey
8. Carolina
9. Colorado
10. Nashville
11. Vegas
12. Chicago
13. San Jose
14. Boston
15. Washington
16. Anaheim
17. New York Rangers
18. Calgary
19. Winnipeg
20. Philadelphia
21. Detroit
22. Ottawa
23. St Louis
24. Minnesota
25. Edmonton
26. Buffalo
27. Seattle
28. Columbus
29. Pittsburgh
30. Toronto
31. Los Angeles
32. New York Islanders
3/4 of the fan base is loving life, and buys that this is “a new era of orange.” They made the PR-iest hires possible.

Of the other 25%, 20% are only upset they didn’t sign 47yo Johnny Hockey, and the other 5% are drinking bleach and posting here…

Flyer fans are essentially a monster truck rally fan base

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Grave_Digger_1_%28new%29.jpg

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
3/4 of the fan base is loving life, and buys that this is “a new era of orange.” They made the PR-iest hires possible.

Of the other 25%, 20% are only upset they didn’t sign 47yo Johnny Hockey, and the other 5% are drinking bleach and posting here…

Flyer fans are essentially a monster truck rally fan base
Yeah, Cutter Gauthier fiasco and passing on Buium for a likely 2/3 center (probably 2) never happened. If Luchanko becomes an “elite” 2C, the Buium whiff will sting less.

Reactions: Hexy4

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad