Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 3 - Flyers Rumors and Media Mentions: Never Ending Circles

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Please tell me no one is saying he's a significantly better prospect than Eichel. I don't know why we have to lose our minds.

I think you can construct a totally reasonable argument that both are low Tier 1 or high Tier 2 prospects depending on whether you draw a hard line between the Bedards and guys like these two. But the trickiness of determining exactly what is going on with KHL scoring means that even if you have them on the same level, the Michkov side carries more risk as far as projecting a player of that scale. That has no bearing on his reasonable ceiling paths, but it does lower a moderate band of outcomes.
I will accept NONE of your cold water on my stratospherically high expectations, sir! NONE!

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
You promise?

*dramatic pause*

f601e6b75b5432ee7749874699deaf29e6fa6e75.gif

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I dont disagree...but what I dont want is them to hyper focus on his defense before he even establishes his offense. Let him work to his stengths first and gain confidence. A competitor like him will want to better his all around game overtime.

Crosby in his early years put up points...but he was immature, selfish, and not a great two way player. By the time he was in his mid 20s...he was a dark horse selke contender.

MM will get there...but they have to let him excell offensively first. If they sacrifice his offense early...things can fall apart quickly. Id much rather him score 70 points and be a defensive liabilty this year than him struggle to put up points bc hes focused on 2way play that hes not excelling at yet either.
I don't think playing fundamentally sound hockey hurts your scoring (other than cherry picking), something Sidney had to learn.

That's not the same as defense first, Torts wants his scorers to score, he doesn't want them to be black holes on defense or lollygag on their back check.

Note Edmonton took off when their HC stressed defense (sheltering a mediocre goalie).

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hope you've been well, deady.
Meh. Been a full time caretaker over a decade now, gets old and interferes with my writing.

But pushing 70, and other than minor things like having to get a few teeth extracted, keep my glaucoma in check, and watch my A1C (have skinny diabetes under control), doing fine - at this age, you start losing people (a brother, a 1st cousin) and appreciate that mortality is real. You can work out (6 days a week), eat right, sin in moderation, but a lot of things are out of your control (that cell that gets hit by a cosmic ray and mutates, your immune system working like a Cloudstrike computer, etc.).

So how goes it with you? Still a degenerate gambler?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I don't think playing fundamentally sound hockey hurts your scoring (other than cherry picking), something Sidney had to learn.

That's not the same as defense first, Torts wants his scorers to score, he doesn't want them to be black holes on defense or lollygag on their back check.

Note Edmonton took off when their HC stressed defense (sheltering a mediocre goalie).

Hard to do when you strictly limit cross-ice passing. He wants them to score, but he doesn't want them to get set up for it.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Meh. Been a full time caretaker over a decade now, gets old and interferes with my writing.

But pushing 70, and other than minor things like having to get a few teeth extracted, keep my glaucoma in check, and watch my A1C (have skinny diabetes under control), doing fine - at this age, you start losing people (a brother, a 1st cousin) and appreciate that mortality is real. You can work out (6 days a week), eat right, sin in moderation, but a lot of things are out of your control (that cell that gets hit by a cosmic ray and mutates, your immune system working like a Cloudstrike computer, etc.).

So how goes it with you? Still a degenerate gambler?

Friend of mine was in his 60s, healthy as a horse, slipped on a dock and fell in the water and died because he couldn't get out.

One wonders what the point of anything is!

Boocowski

Mar 31, 2024
Doing anything at all to get talent for him to play with in his prime would have been a good start. Instead of building from the 4th line out
I understand, I'm just not sure how you expect them to have done that.

I see things like they should have traded TK but that's removing what talent you have for hypothetical new talent. Don't see the progress there. I don't see any viable realistic examples of things that actually could have been done.

Reactions: gto64dr

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I understand, I'm just not sure how you expect them to have done that.

I see things like they should have traded TK but that's removing what talent you have for hypothetical new talent. Don't see the progress there. I don't see any viable realistic examples of things that actually could have been done.

You trade assets for draft picks and you don't make ridiculous reaches when possibly the best D prospect in the draft falls to you. You also don't trade down into the future for no f***ing reason.

Boocowski

Mar 31, 2024
You trade assets for draft picks and you don't make ridiculous reaches when possibly the best D prospect in the draft falls to you. You also don't trade down into the future for no f***ing reason.
Specifics? Or just general wishes?

The logic escapes me. If you have assets, why are you trading assets to get assets?

I guess you want a tear down so that you have all kids playing with the new Russian kid. Grow together type thing. That's the Buffalo way. Hasn't worked yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad