Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 3 - Flyers Rumors and Media Mentions: Never Ending Circles

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
I can't help but wonder if that might actually be something he and Torts agree on. Torts is an asshole about things, but it expresses itself as perfectionism, and having the team's most talented player also be a perfectionist who gets on people's ass when they screw up might be exactly what he wants (caveat: IF they agree on what is and is not a screwup.)
Yep. I like to rag on TORTS as much as anyone, but the idea of him and Michkov having issues because of MM being "flashy" is more of an HF Flyers meme than reality. Michkov has gotten a lot of Crosby comps as an elite grinder type of player, and from my limited viewings, I can see the similarities.

We can talk about TORTS valuing defense above all else, but I'd argue that motor is what really tickles his fancy. I don't think Michkov has a problem in that regard. It's why I think it's going to be really interesting seeing how the two of them get along. I certainly expect a few healthy scratches/demotions/benchings, because I don't think TORTS can help himself. But I really don't think Michkov will ever be close to one of his whipping boys. Not just because of his play, but if anything else, I think TORTS knows how to "play the game" and he knows that wouldn't end well for him.

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
Please the second Michkov ignores Torts big ego will be it for him. Nothing to do with skill or motor its all dumb head games with Mr. tries to motivate guys like it's 1990.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Can we please just ditch this narcissistic prima donna coach and do an actual rebuild?
I love how it was recently argued EJ was brought back bc he could be a helpful mentor for MM bc he knows what its like to come in as a 1oa pick and play for an old school hard coach.

If we need to be bringing in players for that reason...shouldnt we question if this is the right coach?

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Yep. I like to rag on TORTS as much as anyone, but the idea of him and Michkov having issues because of MM being "flashy" is more of an HF Flyers meme than reality. Michkov has gotten a lot of Crosby comps as an elite grinder type of player, and from my limited viewings, I can see the similarities.

We can talk about TORTS valuing defense above all else, but I'd argue that motor is what really tickles his fancy. I don't think Michkov has a problem in that regard. It's why I think it's going to be really interesting seeing how the two of them get along. I certainly expect a few healthy scratches/demotions/benchings, because I don't think TORTS can help himself. But I really don't think Michkov will ever be close to one of his whipping boys. Not just because of his play, but if anything else, I think TORTS knows how to "play the game" and he knows that wouldn't end well for him.
I get the feeling that people are trying to talk it into existence for some reason. Panarin didn't seem to have a problem with Tortorella.
In fact, most of the players we know of that didn't get along with him were the ones that pretty much had issues everywhere they went.

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
I get the feeling that people are trying to talk it into existence for some reason. Panarin didn't seem to have a problem with Tortorella.
In fact, most of the players we know of that didn't get along with him were the ones that pretty much had issues everywhere they went.
Just count it a blessing michkov can't have a "home" game to be scratched at while his family sits in attendance. If they do come to a game they will have to keep it a secret from John

Audible Velvet

Jul 9, 2015
Philthadelphia
In fairness, you could reasonably say the same about Torts.

C0DITH

Apr 30, 2017
Straight facts.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I don’t see Michkov as a Zegras type who Torts would hate on sight, but Torts is a very small and petty man, and Michkov is going to be the biggest star on the team pretty soon. I doubt Torts will cope well with that.

It's basically the only conceivable reason he clashed with Lecavalier and Richards as much as he did.

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
Can someone just change the title of this thread to "Complaining About Torts" so the people who come here for actual rumors and news don't waste their time wading thru the thousands of post by the same people saying the same s**t over and over again.
It's become so tiring. A+ post.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
1721069106927.gif

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
When we have news and/or rumors to talk about (which, being real, we don't right now), then we talk about those things and how they impact the team. For better or worse, as long as Tortorella's the head coach, how he responds to the things happening around the team will matter, a great deal, so he's going to be the topic of conversation as often as not. Only thing that's going to change that is if he stops coaching the team. You're free to be annoyed by the discourse, but it's silly to expect that the discourse won't happen, or that it's not relevant, just because you're annoyed by it. Find me a team where the head coach simply isn't a factor in how the team prepares to play, and I'll show you a team that needs a new coach.

scumpup

Nov 29, 2021
that Dylan kid is in my fantasy league and he said that his "sources" tell him that Flyers and Sabres are absolutely discussing a Krebs+Sammuelson/Farabee+Laughton swap.

Briere may be the worst GM in the league if this is true
imagine wanting to trade farabee... are they stupid?

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
Can someone just change the title of this thread to "Complaining About Torts" so the people who come here for actual rumors and news don't waste their time wading thru the thousands of post by the same people saying the same s**t over and over again.
Trust me, I would also like to forget Torts is the coach of this team. But it was decided he would be the face of the franchise, so unfortunately he is going to come up in Flyers discourse.

that Dylan kid is in my fantasy league and he said that his "sources" tell him that Flyers and Sabres are absolutely discussing a Krebs+Sammuelson/Farabee+Laughton swap.

Briere may be the worst GM in the league if this is true
Oh barf.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad