Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 3 - Flyers Rumors and Media Mentions: Never Ending Circles

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Annoying that we got Michkov, Fedotov and Kolosov to come here and that likely allowed Demidov to have more value. Fedotov may very well stink and Kolosov has defected back.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
No matter the reason not a good look for the Gold Standard. Bring a kid over and within 2 months he wants out.

Did the Flyers do everything they could have to make him comfortable and happy?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
No matter the reason not a good look for the Gold Standard. Bring a kid over and within 2 months he wants out.

Did the Flyers do everything they could have to make him comfortable and happy?

Only Kolosov can answer that

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Charlie said on one of the recent podcasts that the Flyers told Kolosov to take the summer back home & report for main camp. It was around the time the Friedman report dropped.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Had the guy ever left Belarus previous to this?

Most freedom loving people are absolutely hell bent to get out of there. The “he was just homesick” report seems like a smoke screen to cover up yet more mismanagement and incompetency by the new Cuck in town, DB. Probably refused to promise the kid anything but a backup position in the AHL. Anyway, until the truth comes up, we won’t know definitely, there is nothing the Flyers have done in the past decade to give them the benefit of the doubt.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Most freedom loving people are absolutely hell bent to get out of there. The “he was just homesick” report seems like a smoke screen to cover up yet more mismanagement and incompetency by the new Cuck in town, DB. Probably refused to promise the kid anything but a backup position in the AHL. Anyway, until the truth comes up, we won’t know definitely, there is nothing the Flyers have done in the past decade to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Home for him still might beat traveling around the cow towns in the AHL. Perhaps he initially thought he was closer to the NHL than he actually was when he first came over.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Home for him still might beat traveling around the cow towns in the AHL. Perhaps he initially thought he was closer to the NHL than he actually was when he first came over.

I’m not so sure, though I suppose he could be well connected back home or at least quite well off financially there with his family.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
I didn't understand why he was sent to LHV when he came over to NA . For game prep? Hardly. he only saw the ice for two games. Then he also was exposed to Laperriere's "coaching" which would be enough to drive anyone away. He should have been kept with the Flyers to be the third guy behind Ersson and Fedotov. I'll venture that we never see him inn a Flyers uniform. This was another poorly handled situation for an organization that doesn't have that many assets.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I didn't understand why he was sent to LHV when he came over to NA . For game prep? Hardly. he only saw the ice for two games. Then he also was exposed to Laperriere's "coaching" which would be enough to drive anyone away. He should have been kept with the Flyers to be the third guy behind Ersson and Fedotov. I'll venture that we never see him inn a Flyers uniform. This was another poorly handled situation for an organization that doesn't have that many assets.
They brought him over to ‘get used to North America’

Then they let him play 2 games and watch Cal Petersen, who does not have a future, play instead.

Imagine if they drafted Ryan Leonard instead of Michkov. Leonard didn’t sign and is going back to college.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Wait… you mean a “rebuilding” team should’ve prioritized a 22 year old goalie over a 28 year old who had to take a full year away from hockey?

I swear only this organization could have Fedotov coming over turn into a negative by giving him an undeserved multi year extension and having him block Kolosov.
Coming from an organization that values Seeler, Hathaway, Laughton and Ristolainen over Frost, Farabee and youth in general, are you really surprised?

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL

AHL backup? Knowing this dipshit organization they probably told him he would need to earn AHL playing time but a spot in Reading is guaranteed.

iceman42

May 7, 2003
Enfield, NH
They brought him over to ‘get used to North America’

Then they let him play 2 games and watch Cal Petersen, who does not have a future, play instead.

Imagine if they drafted Ryan Leonard instead of Michkov. Leonard didn’t sign and is going back to college.
This was one of the most infuriating things I saw last year, it seems like they wanted him over here and convinced him to leave, went through the visa process and then came over and then it was like well dont call us, we'll call you.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I’m not so sure, though I suppose he could be well connected back home or at least quite well off financially there with his family.

I don’t know for sure but generally those KHL based guys their mindset is usually the NHL or I rather be back in the KHL. Perhaps he thought he was closer to the NHL initially before he got here. Then he sat behind Peterson in the AHL while the Flyers signed Fedotov to a nice deal after playing in the NHL to end the season.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t know for sure but generally those KHL based guys their mindset is usually the NHL or I rather be back in the KHL. Perhaps he thought he was closer to the NHL initially before he got here. Then he sat behind Peterson in the AHL while the Flyers signed Fedotov to a nice deal after playing in the NHL to end the season.
It is. They get paid more and the league is better. There’s a reason why 4A North Americans go. I don’t know how much better the lifestyle is, they used to be sketchy, but you don’t hear about that anymore.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I'd miss my friends and family too if my prospective position was taken away within a week too.

Who knows what's really going on though but optically the clock is ticking if Fedotov is a bust.
I find the logic a bit strange because Kolosov is too young to expect to go straight in as NHL backup to Ersson in his first season in America. He’s only 22 and not some star like Shesterkin. If the Flyers hadn’t signed Fedotov they would have signed another goalie.

Reactions: flyersnorth

FromOyVey2Matvei

Jul 15, 2023
Philadelphia
Thought he was going to be the Flyers backup earning 900k / yr with a clear path to earning the starting job if he played well.

2 weeks later, he’s buried in the AHL being sat in a developmental league behind Cal f**king Petersen for the playoffs cause “WE’RE GONNA WIN THE CALDER CUP!” and a 28 year old worse prospect than him is being given 2 years / 6.25MM that he did nothing to earn to be the de facto backup because “culture”.

Can’t imagine why this kid wanted to go back to the KHL and earn a couple hundred grand / yr as a starter… 🤔

Must be homesickness. Definitely homesickness. Hey, at least we have a reason for this one. That’s progress from “Cutter ghosted us”.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
main-qimg-8ba3917915169c5a484a6a1ab7b4b291

Briere publicly talking about the Koloslov situation.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Thought he was going to be the Flyers backup earning 900k / yr with a clear path to earning the starting job if he played well.

2 weeks later, he’s buried in the AHL being sat in a developmental league behind Cal f**king Petersen for the playoffs cause “WE’RE GONNA WIN THE CALDER CUP!” and a 28 year old worse prospect than him is being given 2 years / 6.25MM that he did nothing to earn to be the de facto backup because “culture”.

Can’t imagine why this kid wanted to go back to the KHL and earn a couple hundred grand / yr as a starter… 🤔

Must be homesickness. Definitely homesickness. Hey, at least we have a reason for this one. That’s progress from “Cutter ghosted us”.

Not putting Kolosov in as Ersson's backup is understandable. Putting him under Petersen in the AHL is ridiculous. If he truly does not return, we can add the myopic "you win with veterans" rationale for playing a cap-dump goalie with near-zero upside as yet another unforced error leading to the loss of an actual prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad