Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 3 - Flyers Rumors and Media Mentions: Never Ending Circles

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Samuelsson only played 41 games and had 7 points

6 years left at $4,285,714

Buffalo Sabres defenseman Mattias Samuelsson will require surgery to repair an upper-body injury and will be out for the remainder of the season, the team announced Sunday.

Samuelsson missed the last two games due to his injury, which coach Don Granato said he sustained during the Sabres’ 4-2 loss to Anaheim on Jan. 23.

“He got injured in [his] last game,” Granato said following Sunday’s practice at KeyBank Center. “He’s had lingering injuries just by virtue of how he blocks shots and finishes hits, and your body is always banged up and sore. But this was an injury that happened in the game. He was not dealing with this injury prior to it the other night. He was dealing with different soreness, but not the injury we’re speaking of now. It’s going to take surgery.”
hes def. coming here...

🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: BiggE and Tarpongg

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Even ignoring the source, that rumored trade base is below the line for things I could fathom them doing. Very few teams are actually that incompetent.

That might be Nino for Victor Rask levels of bad.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Boocowski

Mar 31, 2024
And, according to the putz who runs Hockeybuzz, the Flyers are still very interested in acquiring Krebs and Samuelsson (yeah, Kjell’s kid, shocking, IKR?) from Buffalo in a deal built around Farabee.

It boggles the mind just how many idiotic things this team can do. I firmly expect TK to be extended, Laughton to finish his career as a Flyer and both Farabee and Frost dealt before the next trade deadline…if not well before.
When he was healthy Samuelsson was very good for Buffalo. A shut down guy and a solid player all around. When he was paired with Dahlin Buffalo had their best winning streak. BUT, he does appear to be made of glass (so he will pair well with Risto :))

Krebs I am with you 100%. Energetic kid with a little bit of a rat in him but overall less than inspiring, which is why at the moment he's their 13th forward.

Reactions: Don Nachbaur 26

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
A grown man with a part down the middle is comical.

Hextall had the last normal one.

I can’t take Briere seriously with what he has going on there. He’s receding, but it’s so much like some comical character in a medieval hall.

We have no hope with that hairstyle. i should have known.

He’s always resembled a mid transformation Sméagol to me, and ill never unsee it.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
What was wrong with Chuck Fletcher’s haircuts? :laugh:
Agree. His mom knew her way around a flowbee for sure.

Hextall had the last normal one.

I can’t take Briere seriously with what he has going on there. He’s receding, but it’s so much like some comical character in a medieval hall.

We have no hope with that hairstyle. i should have known.

He’s always resembled a mid transformation Sméagol to me, and ill never unsee it.
A buddy of mine used to post this one picture of Hexy that I can't find. It always made me think, "That is a handsome man. Like, handsome enough to be one of those dudes on the ceiling border in the barbershop back in the 80's"

I like where this thread is going. We need to have this discussion in the Sixers thread.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Agree. His mom knew her way around a flowbee for sure.

A buddy of mine used to post this one picture of Hexy that I can't find. It always made me think, "That is a handsome man. Like, handsome enough to be one of those dudes on the ceiling border in the barbershop back in the 80's"

I like where this thread is going. We need to have this discussion in the Sixers thread.

I was just happy to again find that graduating class photo from Briere’s night school.
CSW9WIxUYAAFK7z.jpeg

Last edited:

Audible Velvet

Jul 9, 2015
Philthadelphia
Do any of you know of “FloHockey”?

Happened upon a video yesterday browsing the interwebs, and they talked about Philly/Minny/Buium.

One guy was in Philly, but don’t think they identified him. I hoped to see if anyone in here knew who this person is.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Do any of you know of “FloHockey”?

Happened upon a video yesterday browsing the interwebs, and they talked about Philly/Minny/Buium.

One guy was in Philly, but don’t think they identified him. I hoped to see if anyone in here knew who this person is.
Philly guy was Matt Moran

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
With rumors of Michkov being demanding of teammates and speaking up about it, as well as Torts getting in his own way everyday, you have to hope Torts is gone before the trade deadline. Promote Lappy to get it out of the way and hard tank.

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
With rumors of Michkov being demanding of teammates and speaking up about it, as well as Torts getting in his own way everyday, you have to hope Torts is gone before the trade deadline. Promote Lappy to get it out of the way and hard tank.
Where'd you see this?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Where'd you see this?

Charlie talked about it the other day on his podcast. I guess it originated from a story Kevin Kurz wrote. But apparently there was some truth to the rumors that Michkov rubbed some teammates the wrong way in Russia. It apparently was asked about from the Flyers in their pre-draft interviews with Michkov. Michkov said he would get frustrated with teammates when they couldn’t keep up with him & that he sometimes would verbally take that out on his teammates when they messed up. Michkov said it was something he has to work on & understand that not everybody is going to always make the right plays every time.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Charlie talked about it the other day on his podcast. I guess it originated from a story Kevin Kurz wrote. But apparently there was some truth to the rumors that Michkov rubbed some teammates the wrong way in Russia. It apparently was asked about from the Flyers in their pre-draft interviews with Michkov. Michkov said he would get frustrated with teammates when they couldn’t keep up with him & that he sometimes would verbally take that out on his teammates when they messed up. Michkov said it was something he has to work on & understand that not everybody is going to always make the right plays every time.
Enter, Erik Johnson.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Having spoken to a few of the guys in the Sochi room I got the feeling that...

Michkov came in and expected to be treated like an equal, and is not overly "vocal" but happy to speak his mind when he thinks something is wrong.

And some players (older, at least one North American) took offence that a 17 year old was speaking up for himself and acting like a "leader" when he had not earned his stripes. I dont have any concrete evidence on that, but reading between the lines and my own conversations combined with some other interviews and rumblings.

But I also think a lot of the Russian guys liked it in a funny way even if they found it slightly abnormal (reading between lines). Koryagin (the teams captain) and Tyanulin I spoke quite extensively with and both really like Matvei. I know Zavgorodny did too...

Tyanulin played basically every minute with Matvei from the moment he got to Sochi and loves the guy. Also Tyanulin seems to have very little filter when I spoke to him... and really had zero bad to say about Matvei.

You can all also pay to read my article where I spoke to them both: Matvei Michkov: A look at the Flyers' top prospect from inside the KHL locker room - PHLY Sports

aha. Though not everything we spoke about is included ofc.

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I can't help but wonder if that might actually be something he and Torts agree on. Torts is an asshole about things, but it expresses itself as perfectionism, and having the team's most talented player also be a perfectionist who gets on people's ass when they screw up might be exactly what he wants (caveat: IF they agree on what is and is not a screwup.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad