NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Its that time of year.
IMG_0008.jpeg
IMG_9982.jpeg

I will miss LOAD Daboll, but good for him slimming down.
Screenshot 2024-07-31 at 4.44.36 PM.png

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
Give me crisp evenings, crunchy leaves, agonizing over my fantasy teams, and Scott motherf***ing Hanson on my TV.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I know I speak for everyone when I say I cannot wait for all the cutaways after the KC defense makes a routine stop on a run up the middle to Taylor Swift hidden in shadow in the luxury box. What drama! It's what the NFL is all about. It's why everyone tunes in.

• Haha
Reactions: Clam Jensen

My3Sons

Sponsor
So Bill "2018 NFC Championship Game" Vinovich reffed the Saints first preseason game. It was on the road which was smart from the NFL's perspective. I don't think that guy will ever be able to ref a game at the Superdomw without being subject to grossly over the top abuse.

My3Sons

Sponsor
I'm borderline optimistic about the Falcons this year. Please put me in my place @My3Sons
Early Saints fan take seems to be if the Falcons can get good QB play they can be pretty good. Not great but it doesn’t appear to be a banner year for the NFC south so pretty good probably takes the division. Saints have a decent QB good runnng back and decent receivers and a good defense and soecial teams but the offensive line is so bad it undoes everything else. Of course in the NFL the team that can keep most of its starters healthy has a big advantage.

Reactions: Rhodes 81

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Also a lot of pressure on the Falcons to at least win the division after their public dalliance with Belichick this offseason and passing him over for Raheem Morris of all people, granted Bill obviously wanted more power than 'just' being head coach but still.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I think it’s more that the division isn’t that good. Atlanta could go 4-2 in divisional games and then 6-5 against everyone else and they probably win the division handily.
The division certainly isn't that good but I think they'll be a competitive division between Tampa and Atlanta.

My3Sons

Sponsor
The division certainly isn't that good but I think they'll be a competitive division between Tampa and Atlanta.
TB seems to have a solid team but I'm not sure how much big play ability they will show. In any event, both TB and ATL will likely be better than the Saints this season. If LSU isn't good either some of my neighbors may riot. Hopefully they don't realize where my middle son attended college.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
TB seems to have a solid team but I'm not sure how much big play ability they will show. In any event, both TB and ATL will likely be better than the Saints this season. If LSU isn't good either some of my neighbors may riot. Hopefully they don't realize where my middle son attended college.
I think the big plays will come from Irving and Macmillan but yeah, they're much more of a workman like team than a splash team.

My3Sons

Sponsor
NFL cut down day. For the Giants I'm a bit surprised McKethan was let go and that at all of 31 Allen Robinson is completely washed but at least this means NCAA and the NFL are gearing up and I don't have to have my anxiety focused solely on the Yankees.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Love that it appears the Jets are keeping their UDFA d-linemen as well as Takk McKinley, who all had excellent camps. It'll be interesting to see if anything moves the needle on Reddick making an appearance, but these kids look like they can all ball.

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
So for a person living in NYC, whats the nearby college for NCAA games? Atmosphere wise. Rutgers?
Yes! I graduated from Rutgers in 2013. I’ll give you the current breakdown on their football team:

-with the conference expansion they luckily miss playing the top tier legacy big 10 blue bloods this year and are playing the lower tier teams as well as the mid former pac 12 teams
-they have a REALLY good shot at a 9 or 10 win season based on their outstanding defense, stout offensive line, and candidate for one of the best running backs in the country in kyle monangai. They also have a better QB this year in Athan Kaliakmanis who came from Minnesota
-next year they have their best incoming recruiting class of all time which is super exciting; their coach Greg Schiano is a master at recruiting

As far as the men’s basketball team, it’s going to be one of the hottest tickets in the tri state area because they have 2 of the presumptive top-3 picks in the NBA draft next year in Dylan Harper, NJ native who’s older brother Ron starred at Rutgers and who’s dad played many years in the NBA. They also have Ace Bailey from Georgia who is an even better prospect. It’s their best recruiting class of all time so a ton of NBA scouts will be at the games as well as all the local professional athletes who eat up the college scene.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
He's not even the first player this year to be involved with something like that, Tank Dell got shot too earlier in the offseason in Houston. These athletes lately man, I wouldn't even leave the house at this point but it's just not practical.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad