Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 3 - Flyers Rumors and Media Mentions: Never Ending Circles

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
EJ will play 65+ games and be dog shit in everyone, just like last season, but Torts will say he plays the "right way" every night
If EJ sticks around for the whole year, I think he is on the Marc Staal plan of 30-40 games, but yeah - 30-40 too many.

I just don't understand how they plan on playing Attard or Ginning at all this season.

York-Sanheim
Seeler - Drysdale
Zamula - Risto
EJ

Reactions: Larry44

FromOyVey2Matvei

Jul 15, 2023
Philadelphia
Erik Johnson is a great signing! (if Briere does the right thing and makes some tanking trades to tear this thing down and make sure we’re drafting top 5 next year).

If we are going to try to replicate last year and contend for a playoff spot, this is a moronic waste of money.

I mean, why even buy out Cam Atkinson? If you absolutely need a washed vet who can’t play a lick but is a respected leader, he fills the role. And then next year’s cap is still untouched.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
What the hell is exactly their plan? They claim they need high end talent. But they’re pretty much doing nothing to help achieve that goal. They’re not bad enough to pick in the top ten. They get a gift in Buium falling to them but they pass it up. They’re afraid to trade spare parts to land additional assets that could be used whether to be used at the draft or trade.

LegionOfGloom

Jun 9, 2021
Tbf Charlie has to toe the line faaaar more than I do. Especially with how sensitive some people are in NHL front offices and behind NHL benches...

We differ on opinion on some things related to the Flyers but we are not a million miles away opinion wise on most things...

A career as an NHL beat writer - well - just look around the league.

People like Russo were probably the most "critical" we have seen in terms of guys who made a long career of it while still keeping the good relationship with a front office you need to have, and while I respect Russo a hell of a lot he was never really ruffling too many feathers and still flew dangerously close to the sun with Fenton just for basically doing his job.
I hear you but what's frustrating is that you know he dials back his opinion to stay in the organization's good graces. And I get that. But then he portrays everyone else as irrational even though he probably agrees with them if he gave his real opinion.

Reactions: BernieParent

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
If EJ sticks around for the whole year, I think he is on the Marc Staal plan of 30-40 games, but yeah - 30-40 too many.

I just don't understand how they plan on playing Attard or Ginning at all this season.

York-Sanheim
Seeler - Drysdale
Zamula - Risto
EJ

With Drysdale and Risto back there, EJ is getting into way more than 35-40 games

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I hear you but what's frustrating is that you know he dials back his opinion to stay in the organization's good graces. And I get that. But then he portrays everyone else as irrational even though he probably agrees with them if he gave his real opinion.

SO very much this. It's entirely possible to hew close to the corporate line without being smug and dismissive of opinions that don't, he just doesn't seem to bother trying to find more diplomatic ways to interact with people. (Which, for a writer, I find weird; at a bare minimum, you're honing your craft by thinking through other, better ways to express yourself.)

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
Tbf Charlie has to toe the line faaaar more than I do. Especially with how sensitive some people are in NHL front offices and behind NHL benches...

We differ on opinion on some things related to the Flyers but we are not a million miles away opinion wise on most things...

A career as an NHL beat writer - well - just look around the league.

People like Russo were probably the most "critical" we have seen in terms of guys who made a long career of it while still keeping the good relationship with a front office you need to have, and while I respect Russo a hell of a lot he was never really ruffling too many feathers and still flew dangerously close to the sun with Fenton just for basically doing his job.
I get that, but what I don't get is that he goes out of his way to attack people that don't ball wash and agree with everything this organization does, it really makes him look like a complete fool, and tbh makes him seem much dumber than he actually is

ponder719

Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
What is Tampa going to do to be cap compliant? They have something brewing? Trade wise?

Trading Sergachev and Jeannot and letting Stamkos walk probably took care of it. Unless I missed something big other than the Guentzel deal, they've got $7.5M to work out a deal with Moser and sign 5 other players, which as long as those players are close to the minimum, they can do and still have a little bit of emergency space to work with.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
I don’t think he’s an idiot. But he’s unbearably arrogant, even when proven wrong. That’s his worst quality. Besides the ass kissing

The tone shift from the two most critical outlets has been really evident since Jones took over.

STG, and BSH(phly) were quite hard on the team before Keith became president. Both are just ball licking mouth pieces currently.

Matz is the worst when it comes to that imo. Used to rant, and rave about how shitty they were - now he’s Mr Positive.

f***ing sellout.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Trading Sergachev and Jeannot and letting Stamkos walk probably took care of it. Unless I missed something big other than the Guentzel deal, they've got $7.5M to work out a deal with Moser and sign 5 other players, which as long as those players are close to the minimum, they can do and still have a little bit of emergency space to work with.
Ahh this is my fault. I thought they had 7.5 without the Guentzel signing. But that’s inclusive. My bad!

ponder719

Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The tone shift from the two most critical outlets has been really evident since Jones took over.

STG, and BSH(phly) were quite hard on the team before Keith became president. Both are just ball licking mouth pieces currently.

Matz is the worst when it comes to that imo. Used to rant, and rave about how shitty they were - now he’s Mr Positive.

f***ing sellout.

It's a typical media thing (and I don't blame them entirely, it's underpinned by basic human nature, but it's still irritating from afar.) Their opinion of the team has very little to do with how the team does their business; it's entirely informed by how the team treats them. Hextall gave not one tiniest subfraction of a shit about keeping the media happy. Chucklef*** was too busy repairing the relationship with the Foundational Titans to care about poor little Bundy et. al. Jonesy was one of them, so of course he spent time bringing them back into the fold, and now that they're in good with the guys on the inside, everything's hunky-dory as far as they're concerned.

Reactions: BernieParent

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad