Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 2, More Flyers Rumors & Media Mentions: Say It Like You Mean It

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Why not just move up a smidge for Catton? Or is this literally just because he's russian (and good)

Mr. Boat, I couldn't agree more. Demidov might very well be the 2nd best in the class, but the difference between him and Catton (or Buium, etc.) is not that haul. I don't really care about the Russian angle. This is my out on a limb take, looking either very smart or dumb: Connelly is a top 5 player in this draft, with real non-dreamy superstar potential, and he will be available in the mid-late teens. The Flyers could leave this draft with a co-star to Michkov, spending something large, small, or nothing. Leaving with a floorish middle 6/2nd pair upside guy is also their choice.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Mr. Boat, I couldn't agree more. Demidov might very well be the 2nd best in the class, but the difference between him and Catton (or Buium, etc.) is not that haul. I don't really care about the Russian angle. This is my out on a limb take, looking either very smart or dumb: Connelly is a top 5 player in this draft, with real non-dreamy superstar potential, and he will be available in the mid-late teens.

But is he a good boy who will help the culture?

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
But is he a good boy who will help the culture?

Legitimately, I don't know. I do know a team like the Eagles would put their homework in like they did with Carter. Maybe he deserves the red flag. I've just watched a handful of games, and his tape is explosive. And I'm generally conservative with this. I can't speak to more than that.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Legitimately, I don't know. I do know a team like the Eagles would put their homework in like they did with Carter. Maybe he deserves the red flag. I've just watched a handful of games, and his tape is explosive. And I'm generally conservative with this. I can't speak to more than that.
The Flyers consider knowing a players height, weight and how many shots he’s blocked as doing their due diligence.

I firmly expect to be disappointed tomorrow. If I manage to upgrade to feeling ambivalent, I’ll call that a win.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Read on Lindstroms injury history.

tumblr_mgjbprirUN1r8zonao1_250.gif

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I read that 22 teams interviewed him at the combine. If none of those teams are willing to take a shot on him, maybe there are actual red flags. IDK

Katie Strang did an article a while back. Good luck extricating the truth here. We know he bounced from team to team quite a bit. There were clearly incidents years ago and they included his teammates. The swastika picture definitely happened. There may or may not have been a racial thing.

All I can say is that I hope he grew up. I want that for everyone.

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
Didn’t the current organization do their due diligence/homework last year and knew the #2 consensus pick wanted to be a flyer and stole him? Secret meetings as mm let it be known to other teams he’d be in Russia for 3 years. Almost seems like this management team was tipped off to the fact what transpired was a possibility. Did they really fail “miserably”
Yes they failed miserably in the context of never commiting to a rebuild. Trying to culture their way to more wins when everyone can see that they lack high end talent. Now they are prepared to have less assets to move up in draft order, somewhere they could of been already without the stupid attempt to make the playoffs. If they can keep #12 and move up then I'd consider it a good move.

And let's not pretend the org did anything special to land Michkov. He basically landed in their laps. The fact that they attempted to trade up to get him is the only positive sign that it's not all mush for brains up there. If they had committed harder to a rebuild they wouldn't have had to count on so many dominoes falling to land Michkov

Reactions: Larry44 and trostol

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
Yes they failed miserably in the context of never commiting to a rebuild. Trying to culture their way to more wins when everyone can see that they lack high end talent. Now they are prepared to have less assets to move up in draft order, somewhere they could of been already without the stupid attempt to make the playoffs. If they can keep #12 and move up then I'd consider it a good move.

And let's not pretend the org did anything special to land Michkov. He basically landed in their laps. The fact that they attempted to trade up to get him is the only positive sign that it's not all mush for brains up there. If they had committed harder to a rebuild they wouldn't have had to count on so many dominoes falling to land Michkov
They didn’t do anything other than being the flyers. Where MM said he wanted to play. And their secret meeting a year ago seems to have been positive. If he was the consensus #2 didn’t he fall into the laps of #3-#6? Yet not selected. The word was out on where he wanted to go.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Katie Strang did an article a while back. Good luck extricating the truth here. We know he bounced from team to team quite a bit. There were clearly incidents years ago and they included his teammates. The swastika picture definitely happened. There may or may not have been a racial thing.

All I can say is that I hope he grew up. I want that for everyone.
Sounds like someone they should stay away from..so they'll probably trade up for him lol

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
They didn’t do anything other than being the flyers. Where MM said he wanted to play. And their secret meeting a year ago seems to have been positive. If he was the consensus #2 didn’t he fall into the laps of #3-#6? Yet not selected. The word was out on where he wanted to go.
Yea again he fell into their laps so they didn't do anything special in order to draft him. If they viewed him as a top 5 talent (saying this based off attempting to trade with Montreal to pick him) then they should have put themselves in a position to be able to pick him when their time came up. They didn't do that cause culture is more important to them. The fact that Michkov had his mind set on being a Flyer is puzzling to say the least. We aren't talking about the Flyers of the 90s-2000s, this team has been miserable for the last 12 years (wasn't their a 5th overall pick who just decided not to play for the team recently?)

Reactions: BernieParent

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I read that 22 teams interviewed him at the combine. If none of those teams are willing to take a shot on him, maybe there are actual red flags. IDK

The Canadiens selected in the 1st round a convicted sex criminal, during his draft year, who actually renounced himself from the draft. Connelly is going to Providence College next year and isn't remotely a criminal. If McKenzie's scouts had him 15, that's also NHL noise. But he could fall.

Like Jojo said, that Athletic article was varyingly Schrödinger's Cat when it came to looking at him as victim or victimizer. I don't want an unmitigated piece of shit on the team for which I root. I take the teammate swastika photo as seriously as anyone; hate or dumb taboo flirting, I don't know. As far as I'm aware, he's kept his nose clean for a couple years and put in volunteer work to better himself. Did he? I think as Flyers fans we cynically understand the difference between private and public personas, so I accept my ignorance.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Seems pretty clear Briere's plan is to get 3 high end guys these 3 drafts and at the same time be an attractive destination for FAs to sign after to compete in 5 years. He is choosing to have extra firsts to move up rather than just bottom out.

While it may not work, it is certainly better than relying on 17 calls, a trade app, and random chance. We'll see

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
Didn’t the current organization do their due diligence/homework last year and knew the #2 consensus pick wanted to be a flyer and stole him? Secret meetings as mm let it be known to other teams he’d be in Russia for 3 years. Almost seems like this management team was tipped off to the fact what transpired was a possibility. Did they really fail “miserably”

Reactions: Fight4yourRight
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad