Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 2, More Flyers Rumors & Media Mentions: Say It Like You Mean It

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Rumor we pitched 12th+roster player plus 1st rounder next year to get up to 4 from Columbus. They said no but Lebrun said doesn’t stop you from trying again.
They are more likely than not to pick somewhere near 10th-15th again next year. Are two picks in that range worth 4? If Demidov is there, how about that? Discuss

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
Imagine a world where the Flyers had traded Konecny last offseason to someone like Ottawa or Buffalo for a 1st+

Their own pick would be in the range they are trying to trade into, and the OTT/BUF 1st would still probably be in the top 15

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Am I the only one who would vomit at Frost/Farabee + 12 + next year's 1st (!!!) for 4? I think they have a chance at a top 5ish player at 12. I also have my own thoughts about a certain dark horse who will be there. Again, bird in the hand talk if it's Demidov, but the value would be atrocious.

Also, remember, you don't need to tank to build a contender. You just need to honorably lose a trade to pick where you would've if you tanked.

Why is everyone so sure it's Demidov and not Lindstrom?

Agreed. That's your consensus best center after Celebrini, and that 6'4 PWF center box gets check-marked for an organization that loves that box and needs centers. Personally, I'm wary on Lindstrom. I didn't have a watch where I said, "He's special." Some highs, a lot of squinting trying to see more highs.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
They are more likely than not to pick somewhere near 10th-15th again next year. Are two picks in that range worth 4? If Demidov is there, how about that? Discuss
I’m all about talent. If their scouts absolutely think he is a top level talent and the Russian factor is causing him to slip beyond the top few picks, I’m for it. I understand having more lottery tickets but the potential to have one significantly better chance at hitting that ticket is there and reasonable, take that chance. Flyers need high level talent, not middling talent like we seen legit for the last 10 years.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Tarpongg

#fakerebuild
May 26, 2012
Am I the only one who would vomit at Frost/Farabee + 12 + next year's 1st (!!!) for 4? I think they have a chance at a top 5ish player at 12. I also have my own thoughts about a certain dark horse who will be there.

Agreed. That's your consensus best center after Celebrini, and that 6'4 PWF center box gets check-marked for an organization that loves that box. Personally, I'm wary on Lindstrom.

I do not believe Danny would give up our first. We could absolutely be mid lottery. I think it’s 12- Farabee- Colorado 1st

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Am I the only one who would vomit at Frost/Farabee + 12 + next year's 1st (!!!) for 4? I think they have a chance at a top 5ish player at 12. I also have my own thoughts about a certain dark horse who will be there. Again, bird in the hand talk if it's Demidov, but the value would be atrocious.

Also, remember, you don't need to tank to build a contender. You just need to honorably lose a trade to pick where you would've if you tanked.

Agreed. That's your consensus best center after Celebrini, and that 6'4 PWF center box gets check-marked for an organization that loves that box. Personally, I'm wary on Lindstrom.
You’re definitely not alone.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Imagine a world where the Flyers had traded Konecny last offseason to someone like Ottawa or Buffalo for a 1st+

Their own pick would be in the range they are trying to trade into, and the OTT/BUF 1st would still probably be in the top 15

Trade Laughton today for next years Ottawa 1st. That could be top 10 again.

We need to trade TK asap. The contracts about to be given out are going to be insane.

Reactions: trostol

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I find that horrendous value and indicative of a disconnect as to the value of next year's first. That's the scary bit to me.

8v8au2.jpg

I do not believe Danny would give up our first. We could absolutely be mid lottery. I think it’s 12- Farabee- Colorado 1st

It would be protected, I'd assume. How mild? Remains to be seen. The idea this team is even shopping their future 1st in their position is horrifying. Horrifying. And corroborates what we already know: the rebuild is over, baby.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Elaborate? Not sure what you are asking?
Essentially who is at fault if this year's pick does what Cutter did...does the kid get ripped again or do people start looking at the team not really doing their due diligence

What's that quote about history repeating itself and why have the Flyers not learned..still going for quick fix...sure you get u.into the top 5 you are gonna get a very good player..but is anyone in this year's draft considered elite let alone near generational

Edit: automerge still sucks

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Trade Laughton today for next years Ottawa 1st. That could be top 10 again.

We need to trade TK asap. The contracts about to be given out are going to be insane.
If it’s top 10, there’s no way we’re getting it, they will protect it. And then they wouldn’t have theirs the next year, so it’s another year after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad