Confirmed with Link: Beck Malenstyn for the 43rd overall pick (2nd rounder)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
If Beck was a little younger I’d like this trade less but he’s turning 27** so he’s probably peaked or close to peaked in terms of ceiling.

**I always find it funny when we say players entering their late 20s are old and players in their mid 30s are geriatric f***s who are lucky to be alive.

35 in real life = you got your whole life ahead of you and you’re just entering the prime years of your career

35 in sports = look at this old f***, it’s a miracle he’s not dead yet.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I’ll repeat what others have said in that i love Beck but you do this deal all day long. Love the Hudson pick too. in fact i am happy with everything here on day 2 including Protas.

I am curious how we will re-invent the 4th line with NAK and Malenstyn both gone. I do think you need to keep Dowd and build around him. And I wouldn’t be surprised if we extend Dowd for a year or two. he is a rock to the team and at 4C you’re not blocking anyone right now. I don’t think the answer is Sutter. Could be Rybinski.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I’ll repeat what others have said in that i love Beck but you do this deal all day long. Love the Hudson pick too. in fact i am happy with everything here on day 2 including Protas.

I am curious how we will re-invent the 4th line with NAK and Malenstyn both gone. I do think you need to keep Dowd and build around him. And I wouldn’t be surprised if we extend Dowd for a year or two. he is a rock to the team and at 4C you’re not blocking anyone right now. I don’t think the answer is Sutter. Could be Rybinski.
Gotta build up that Protas Empire! They are an advanced race!

Reactions: DWGie26

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
I was pretty upset when he was traded because I assumed a player of Hutson's caliber would be long gone. Pretty excited to finally have a legitimate offensive D prospect in the system. It's been awhile. I think anyone would have a really hard time turning down a 1 for 1 Hutson for Beck trade.

Reactions: Misery74

Block

Feb 14, 2005
Hutson needs to spend the next couple of years eating or he's going to get killed along the boards by someone.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
I think they also just created room for Sutter.

I’ve said it before, I will say it again. It seems that *whomever* plays W with Dowd turns into a “really good 4th liner”

Dowd wasn't very good after he came back from his injury last year though. That line was okay purely because of Beck and NAK.

Marshall

A Mahoney guy
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com
Malenstyn + for Mangiapane. 43rd overall this year is significantly more valuable than a late 2nd next year.

Not according to what some scouts say. The 2025 draft is supposed to be pretty darned good.

Of course that narrative could change in the next five minutes.

Respect to Maelenstyn for all he accomplished, including working through that nasty leg injury.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Probably because my ignore feature working so I'll have to write:

WTF...GMBM is such a loser. Team is going straight to terrible.

we'll be lucky next season to win 10 games.

(Please please reply to me...I need affirmation of my dissonance)

oh, cya MalBeck.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Hutson needs to spend the next couple of years eating or he's going to get killed along the boards by someone.

Looks like he has a couple of years to do that and at 17yrs old, he'll be doing that.

Awesome job by GMBM. Traded Beck for this talented prospect.

Most of his detractors are strangely quiet in this threat. hahaha

Still chewing on the Mangiapane trade?

200w.gif

Reactions: Calicaps

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
If Beck was a little younger I’d like this trade less but he’s turning 27** so he’s probably peaked or close to peaked in terms of ceiling.

**I always find it funny when we say players entering their late 20s are old and players in their mid 30s are geriatric f***s who are lucky to be alive.

35 in real life = you got your whole life ahead of you and you’re just entering the prime years of your career

35 in sports = look at this old f***, it’s a miracle he’s not dead yet.
I realized a couple days ago that im older than every player in the league, so now im hoping the Caps bring back Chara for my comfort.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad