Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 2, More Flyers Rumors & Media Mentions: Say It Like You Mean It

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
Being cap strained with a mediocre team and supposedly trying to 'rebuild/retool' with youth is so laughable.

The Flyers would be the Detroit Pistons, except even the Pistons manage to have cap space.

It‘s what happens when you have no foresight, and you do things like sign guys in their late 20s to longterm deals to keep your team in the mushy middle.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Being cap strained with a mediocre team and supposedly trying to 'rebuild/retool' with youth is so laughable.

The Flyers would be the Detroit Pistons, except even the Pistons manage to have cap space.

Don't be ridiculous. The Pistons hilariously overpaid and empowered a coach for culture reasons and then inexplicably kept him through a GM change even after everything went to shit.

Oh. I see.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Fyi if they trade Laughton, they don't have to buyout Cam to meet the roster deadline cap with Ellis and Johansen on IR. Worst case they may have to waive Nicky D as well, but they can fit Cam in

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
If they trade Laughton or Frost they’ll be looking to bring in some other center. It can’t just be Couturier, Laughton/Frost, Poehling and Cates down the middle.

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
If they trade Laughton or Frost they’ll be looking to bring in some other center. It can’t just be Couturier, Laughton/Frost, Poehling and Cates down the middle.

That‘s the kind of stupid thing I am expecting them to do, like overpaying for Necas and plugging him in at C, or signing an aging former 1st overall from Tampa.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Right now I want the SC series over so that things can start happening in order to set things up for the fall. The League clamp down on things during the POs is a real drag on interest for the other clubs. I get that it wants to focus on the finals but thirty other clubs have things to do that matter to more fans than those following Florida and Edmonton.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Listening to 32 thoughts this morning, they mentioned it sounds like some teams are purposely spreading misinformation on Demidov so that teams below them wont try and draft him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad