Half-Assed GDT: There's a game today against the Hawks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Completely missed the game. Figure it was on at 7pm.

Glad I missed it.

This team is F$%#.

It's now a countdown until Chief gets canned.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Glad I missed this one. Not loving another loss to a supposedly inferior team.

Also glad to not have aided in viewership of the Hawks who supported the sexual assault of multiple people.

Sgt Schultz

Jun 30, 2019
Santa Fe, NM
I generally don't even think about playoffs, let alone panic or get on cloud 9 before the new year. It seems like teams take about that long to establish their identity, save a few very good or very bad ones. We are Jekyll and Hyde at this point. We seem to up our game against better teams and play down to the level of mediocre and sometimes bad teams.

Suffice it to say we came back own to earth. After starting 7-1-1 we've been 3-6-2 since. The last two games were a pair that we should have been debating whether we were coming home with 3 points or 4, instead we captured 1.

I didn't realize it was an afternoon game, and it probably is just as well. Watching the highlights just confirmed the concerns I have had about this team since we entered the season. The Hawks' first goal was a replay of last year, letting people stand around in front of the net.

The OT goal was a clinic of what not to do. Schenn decided to "kinda" joined Kyrou on the forecheck. I'm actually not sure what he was doing on that play, but whatever it was, it was something you can't do in 3-on-3. That led to a 2 on 1, and like any 2 on 1, the defender, in this case Krug has one job: prevent the pass and force the puck carrier to take the shot from as much of an angle as he can force or screw up trying to make the pass. Not exactly how it turned out.

That, after exiting the first with a 2-0 lead.

<Sigh>

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
Can't overreact to bad stretches, this team is inconsistent the last few years. Lots of feast or famine runs. The only thing that infuriates me is how poorly we play with a lead. It's been a problem since Hitch and through Yeo. Whether it's hanging on through the 3rd, dump and changing every chance we get in lieu of actual offense, or the abysmal empty net/extra man rate. We're worse than NFL teams running 3 times, punting, and playing prevent defense to lose a lead late. The lack of killer instinct in this team is maddening. Especially for a team whose identity, as we've talked about, is now offense with less of a focus on defense.

Reactions: ScratchCatFever

Honeycutt

Jan 18, 2010
The guy who is reportedly hardest worker on team doesn't set good example?

Hard worker does not equal good leader. Ror needs to be able to get others to work hard and buy in and in 2 years he has not. Is no one else concerned that the "identity line does not feature the captain.

parliamentlite

Feb 26, 2019
Imma repeat myself and say most guys on this team have still not adjusted to the fact that Kyrou is our best player.

The hierarchy is disheveled and things won't be right until guys accept and work within the new normal.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Hard worker does not equal good leader. Ror needs to be able to get others to work hard and buy in and in 2 years he has not. Is no one else concerned that the "identity line does not feature the captain.
Did ROR piss in your cornflakes? Your entire argument is dishonest. I'm done with you. #byefelicia

Reactions: DoubleK81

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
There’s so much going right that it’s ridiculous how many people are losing their minds right now. Imo we are one player short, if we got a solid d-first guy on the left that can slot in top 4 and shelter, we run over everyone. This team is so good and barely loses (we lose by ~1 goal games and with exception, the effort is there.) but we act like the team is trash or Chief will get fired and none of that is true.

President Skroob

Dec 21, 2019
There’s so much going right that it’s ridiculous how many people are losing their minds right now. Imo we are one player short, if we got a solid d-first guy on the left that can slot in top 4 and shelter, we run over everyone. This team is so good and barely loses (we lose by ~1 goal games and with exception, the effort is there.) but we act like the team is trash or Chief will get fired and none of that is true.

I didn’t know we were going for a Top 5 pick.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
While obviously adding a top pair D would make team better, I don't think problem is that simple. This team is not playing well. Their intensity is too inconsistent, their consistency is missing, their execution is bad all over the ice. Maybe it's just a slump. Maybe flu is going around team. But this looks a lot like what typically precedes a coach firing. Which would be unfortunate bc if they would play the way Chief wants we wouldn't be in this place.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Need Kostin and Joshua in there every game. They play with an edge and physicality. I realize Kostin was injured this game and not scratched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad