GDT: There’s a Brown out in New Jersey - Edm v NJD - 5:30 pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
How many times does it need to be said?

GET A f***ING GOALIE

Seriously, we are at the point now that we are playing a career AHL goalie because we have no other options.
Not just goal tending my man. That 3rd goal was abysmal defence. Maybe our 2nd line could do something as well.

Reactions: frag2

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Whoever he sells it too knows they have a cash cow, this idiot fanbase will still sell out the building with McDrai gone. Katz isn’t worth it. He meddles too much and is an arrogant idiot
That’s assuming there is someone wealthy enough to meet Katz’ selling price and still be fluid enough afterwards to pay 80M in salaries.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Something wrong with Drai, he looks completely lost out there. Such good player, but don’t know what is going on this year.
He sleeps thru Dec/Jan most years, he’ll pick it up but it’ll be too late by the looks of it.

Reactions: AlbOilFAN

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
Regardless of how bad our on-ice team is, the fault will forever lie with the old demented f*** face that is Ken holland and no one else

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
Draisaitl is cooked, his whole timing to the game is off. Either always a step behind or step out of place

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
This org is going nowhere with Katz in charge. Jeff Jackson is another fraud
Letting Connor Brown play his 10th game told us everything there is to know about JeffJackson. He has the mind of a players agent and not a hockey executive. Just another in a long list of people who have come here to grab a large paycheque.

Reactions: Davo Ikinzom

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
If that’s the case, this team is too mentally weak to handle a long playoff grind anyway.

They showed mental toughness in the 2022 playoffs especially. They could have locked up shop and quit in that Calgary series after game 1 and then going down in game 2 again, many teams would have.

I don't think that's the issue. The issue is this Campbell/Skinner/AHL goalie situation has destroyed this team's confidence and the management was too dumb to recognize how bad the rot was and decided to double down on the same tandem this year and it's just killing the team.

The 05-06 team even was its wits end when Lowe finally got Roloson, that was done *in season*. Holland has let this go on for a season + a 2nd year now. They just reached their breaking point a while ago and now we have this crap situation.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Regardless of how bad our on-ice team is, the fault will forever lie with the old demented f*** face that is Ken holland and no one else
Honestly if the Oilers had hired these GMs in the reverse order they probably win a Cup already.

Holland being patient at first, followed by Chiarelli making an all in move and drafting well when it’s actually needed.

RandomGuy79

Oct 4, 2017
Surrey
I think I've said it here earlier this year, but this version of the Oilers is loathsome in almost every single regard.

I'd give my left kidney to have the 90's copper and blue teams back. They won more than they lost because they had good goaltending, good coaching, played their hearts out, and had no quit in them. Sure they never stood a chance against the top teams because they couldn't afford to spend the money to compete, but my God I loved cheering for those boys. I miss the f*** out of them.

These sad sack mother f***ers are the antithesis of our Copper and Blue era. f*** them.

What I wouldn't give for guys like Smyth, Smith, Grier and Weight.

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
Edmonton
Letting Connor Brown play his 10th game told us everything there is to know about JeffJackson. He has the mind of a players agent and not a hockey executive. Just another in a long list of people who have come here to grab a large paycheque.

I'm afraid to look at his list of clients and see which shitty player they'll acquire next.

Dynamic

Dec 21, 2004
Edmonton
Something wrong with Drai, he looks completely lost out there. Such good player, but don’t know what is going on this year.
Nothing wrong, just piss poor attitude. Doesn’t back check. Slow to change. Only seems to get in gear when on offence. In other words normal December for Drai.

Reactions: Oilhawks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad