GDT: There’s a Brown out in New Jersey - Edm v NJD - 5:30 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordievsky

Jan 18, 2019
Not watching the game, but I just saw the NJ goal on nhl.com.

Forgive my ignorance but wth is Nurse doing on that play? It's not an outnumbered rush, it was a 2 on 2, but both attacking players were on one side. Nurse basically stuck with the guy in the centre - okay, eliminate the pass, I guess - but he backed up so far without getting close to the shooter, below the faceoff circles, that the shooter had basically a free look.

Am I nuts - this is a complete f***-up, no? Doesn't he need to communicate with his partner, go to the shooter, and leave it to Ceci to move over and take his man? Or at the very least not collapse that much?

Reactions: Mack a doodle doo

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Those first period failed PP's are killers for this team. Failing to extend early leads is crushing and the lack of urgency and complacency/sloppiness on these PP's open the door for opposition momentum.

Reactions: Mr Positive

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Well this season is looking like a write off.
8a5ub8.jpg

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
How many times have we seen them play hard for the first 10 minutes and then nothing the rest of the game.?

Team should be the easiest to make in game bets on.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Not watching the game, but I just saw the NJ goal on nhl.com.

Forgive my ignorance but wth is Nurse doing on that play? It's not an outnumbered rush, it was a 2 on 2, but both attacking players were on one side. Nurse basically stuck with the guy in the centre - okay, eliminate the pass, I guess - but he backed up so far without getting close to the shooter, below the faceoff circles, that the shooter had basically a free look.

Am I nuts - this is a complete f***-up, no? Doesn't he need to communicate with his partner, go to the shooter, and leave it to Ceci to move over and take his man? Or at the very least not collapse that much?
I think he saw that Ceci did not have that guy covered and felt that Pickard had a better chance saving the shot instead of a one timer

Reactions: Gordievsky
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad