GDT: There’s a Brown out in New Jersey - Edm v NJD - 5:30 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
And Foegele is more of the same too.

It's sad that Janmark and Gagner might be the best wingers for Drai.

100%

Janmark and Gagner can actually make a play with the puck while Kane and Foegele can’t. Gagner would probably make a difference there.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
We need another top 6 player that can create offense to get our 2nd line going. Someone that can dish to Drai and carry the puck as well as score. I wonder if Holloway becomes this player when he comes back? IIRC Knoblauch hasn't coached him yet, hopefully he puts him in a position to succeed.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Might be a good idea for Drai to be that RW. Haven't liked him at center this year.

Would be nice to have a legit #2C to move him over to the wing and not have to put him with McDavid.
Yes. the top 6 is really only a top 5 with various contenders sprinkled in.

I don’t know what to think.

I don’t know what the solution is honestly.

I don’t think you can break up nuge-McDavid-hyman.

Draisaitl needs help. It’s becoming more clear that he can’t really carry a line 5 on 5. Oilers need a legit RW for him.

I will give Kane some credit. He plays pretty hard. Hes hits and he tries to keep himself engaged when hes not scoring. But hes super streaky offensively and will probably only get worse as he ages.

But in any event, the second line isn’t working. The only potential hope is that maybe Holloway can play there but it’s unlikely.
This is a decent take.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Drai just needs to wake up and man up. Unless he’s injured or something, he needs to impose himself way more. He’s a big strong guy, get to the net, fight for space. Evander Kane is a pretty good linemate, figure it out already.

I’m a big fan but I’m just not seeing the hunger from him this season.

Reactions: Duke74

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
McLeod reminds me of that coach from Water Boy, I’ll be following what he’s saying and then he’s speaking another language all the sudden
1703208628982.jpeg

EnufAlready

Dec 31, 2021
This is one difference between Drai and 97. 97 makes better use of his wingers. Regardless of who the wingers are.

29 needs a right winger. Badly.
I really think he would thrive as I right winger. Has everything needed to play the off wing and loves shooting off it. He is not a centerman!!!

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Draisaitl just wants other people to do the work for him. He has that lethal one timer from the goal line so he is perfectly content just standing there and hoping his teammates can get it to him there.

Need him to start dictating the play like he used to.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Draisaitl just wants other people to do the work for him. He has that lethal one timer from the goal line so he is perfectly content just standing there and hoping his teammates can get it to him there.

Need him to start dictating the play like he used to.
I’m not sure it’s quite like this, but I am beginning to wonder if Drai is really only an 80 point player on a team without 97.

Drai is having some real issues. Possibly contract related?

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
This is one difference between Drai and 97. 97 makes better use of his wingers. Regardless of who the wingers are.

29 needs a right winger. Badly.

He needs a skilled winger that can corral pucks, make deft plays and extend possession. That's why he liked playing with guy like Yamo. That's the player I though Bourgault would develop to be, but clearly wrong there. Nuge would be excellent but he needs to be on McDavids wing as that line is en feugo rn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad