Speculation: The Wings are interested in Horvat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

stillwater

cellar door
Mar 17, 2011
Good thing we have you as an insider ... an insider that's more of an insider than the Vancouver insider.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Boston doesn't have the pieces, Plus fat chance they can extend him long term with the $4,500,000 performance bonus due for Bergeron and Krejci and Pasta seeking close to $12,000,000 per.

They have a 1st

A 1st clearly lower than ours but one they would give away this year and next, no question, whereas we can and should not.

Carlo, a 2023 1st a 2024 2nd plus a prospect is better than we would offer

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
I've been thinking about it. And i hope we dont get Horvat. We got Larkin, Horvat is pretty much Larkin with a different sweater. What we need is a star, and i dont meant Larkin isn't one. What i mean is we need a superstar center so Larkin can be the 2C he should be.

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
I've been thinking about it. And i hope we dont get Horvat. We got Larkin, Horvat is pretty much Larkin with a different sweater. What we need is a star, and i dont meant Larkin isn't one. What i mean is we need a superstar center so Larkin can be the 2C he should be.
What im trying to say is, Larkin + Horvat isn't enough to carry wings for the cup, well maybe they could if they had insane support from the wing but that is not the case in Detroit. It's almost always 1G 1D 1C what you want for a real push for the cup, we got Seider as 1D, i have no f***ing doubt he will be it unlike some bums here. 1G? Husso? yeah nah, maybe Cossa saves it. 1C? Larkin, sadly no, he is the captain and a great player but he needs to be the 2C if wings push for the cup. Same as Horvat, no team will win the cup with Horvat or Larkin as their 1C.

That quite literally makes no sense.
Ok sorry, that's what i think though,

Reactions: appiepi

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
What i am saying is Wings need a better 1C than Horvat, it's sometimes hard to express my feelings as a non-english speaker sorry stillwater.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
They have a 1st

A 1st clearly lower than ours but one they would give away this year and next, no question, whereas we can and should not.

Like i said they're not trading Carlo for a player they've zero chance of signing, Horvat will come in between $8,000,000 to $9,000,000 per and Pasta between $11,000,000 to $12,000,000 per and the $4,500,000 performance bonus doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that Horvat won't be playing in Boston for the foreseeable future.

stillwater

cellar door
Mar 17, 2011
Like i said they're not trading Carlo for a player they've zero chance of signing, Horvat will come in between $8,000,000 to $9,000,000 per and Pasta between $11,000,000 to $12,000,000 per and the $4,500,000 performance bonus doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that Horvat won't be playing in Boston for the foreseeable future.

A quick lesson in NHL history of deadline trades will point out to you that many playoff teams will trade their children away for a player they have no chance to, or interest in signing past the current playoffs they're trying to win in. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that either.

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
Dude f*** a horvat, hes going to be more than 8m, and hes not going to carry wings to the cup, MOD him.

bet Yzerman thinks the same way, f*** a 2C for 9m aav, let some other dude bite on that.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
The Bruins have a history of re-signing their big ticket acquisitions for the record.

So on that angle,

Nash (was talking extension before being forced into retirement by a dirty hit)
Hall
Lindholm

All of these guys were acquired at deep cost but they were designed to be re-signed. I am not sure how they will re-sign him, but if they are in for Horvat, I wouldn't expect him to reach free agency given Boston's history.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
The Bruins have a history of re-signing their big ticket acquisitions for the record.

So on that angle,

Nash (was talking extension before being forced into retirement by a dirty hit)
Hall
Lindholm

All of these guys were acquired at deep cost but they were designed to be re-signed. I am not sure how they will re-sign him, but if they are in for Horvat, I wouldn't expect him to reach free agency given Boston's history.
Pasta is looking for around $12,000,000 per some sources. Horvat will cost between $8,500,000 to $9,000,000 per plus their $4,500,000 performance bonus that needs to go to both Bergeron and Krejci. Sweeney can do whatever he wants. The odds of him signing Horvat for the AAV he's going to want is pretty low.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
I may be thinking about this wrong but how much leverage does Vancouver have from the perspective of it looks like a little bit of a shit show from the outside and thus who actually wants to play there long-term for Rutherford/Tocchet?

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Dude f*** a horvat, hes going to be more than 8m, and hes not going to carry wings to the cup, MOD him.

bet Yzerman thinks the same way, f*** a 2C for 9m aav, let some other dude bite on that.

Yzerman does not think the same way. Even if his conclusion ends up being the same as yours (not sign Horvat or Larkin or both to 8-9M contracts), I can guarantee you he’s not like “f*** 9M to a 2C”

Yzerman simply doesn’t want to bid against himself for a player. Why pay 9-9.5m for a guy if you can pay 8M.

Like with Larkin, he goes 8 years, he doesn’t have to match AAV with the other teams. That’s why Stamkos stayed a member of the Lightning. Because 8.5x8 with Florida taxes was functionally equivalent in total dollars to like 11x7 most anywhere else.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I may be thinking about this wrong but how much leverage does Vancouver have from the perspective of it looks like a little bit of a shit show from the outside and thus who actually wants to play there long-term for Rutherford/Tocchet?
More than you would think. High value assets retain high value no matter how f***ed the situation is.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
They have a 1st

And the Canucks would be stupid to make that trade.

Carlo off the Bruins is a mediocre #4 D. That 1st round pick is looking like #32 overall, and a 2nd would be in the 60s.

GarlicbreadTB

Apr 16, 2015
Horvat was apparently a Wings fan growing up. Not that means much years later when you're a professional. But just something to note.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad