Pre-Game Talk: The Wild invade Ottawa, Tues. 7:00 pm on TSN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Given that reffing directly resulted in two goals against, it's certainly possible, don't you think?
6-2=4 after all.

That's only if you are really biased. Sens gave up 5 straight goals while playing like crap in front of the net and getting very little going in their favor until it was 5-3. That 4th goal only happened because we took out Andy on the PP, which would not have happened otherwise.

Those two goals you say refereeing was directly responsible for actually happened because no one was covering their man. The interference was iffy and could be called either way.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
continuing Dzone issues cost us this game... to much zone time allowed.. weak down low play, poor coverage

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
If Melnyk is serious about getting the fans back he'll demote Dorion to chief amateur scout and get a real GM before any more damage is done. Let the new GM pick his coach!

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Lol I don't get these posts?

You're ragging on a guy who just scored and played a good game...

If you don't get why we'd make a sarcastic remark about Brassard after he scores a mostly useless goal on a 6v4 PP, when he's only had like, 1 point in his last 11 games(which coincided with the horrible losing streak), well I don't know what to tell you.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Blaming the Reffing is kinda empty. I mean. Seven been the worse team for like 90% of games this year. Not like we're earning calls

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Our PK doesn't really help matters

They scored 1 PP goal on 4 chances, though it was essentially 2 as the scored just as the PP ended, that first one happened to be the PP that never should have been and was a double deflection, not the result of poor PK. The second PP goal was probably worth a look for goalie interference, but we'd already lost our time out on a challenge that probably should have been successful, so we couldn't challenge it. We also got more actual quality chances on the PK than they did on their PP; there were a lot of issues with the teams play this game, but the PK wasn't really one of them.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
If you don't get why we'd make a sarcastic remark about Brassard after he scores a mostly useless goal on a 6v4 PP, when he's only had like, 1 point in his last 11 games(which coincided with the horrible losing streak), well I don't know what to tell you.
There's a wierd thing that no matter how bad someone plays or for how long when they do one good thing they're suddenly "not part of the problem" and "the least of our worries. "

hong57

Nov 9, 2008
Hong Kong
when will chabot getting more playing time... and the ceci and phanenuf gets plenty of playing time while going -4 and -3 respectively..

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
They scored 1 PP goal on 4 chances, though it was essentially 2 as the scored just as the PP ended, that first one happened to be the PP that never should have been and was a double deflection, not the result of poor PK. The second PP goal was probably worth a look for goalie interference, but we'd already lost our time out on a challenge that probably should have been successful, so we couldn't challenge it. We also got more actual quality chances on the PK than they did on their PP; there were a lot of issues with the teams play this game, but the PK wasn't really one of them.

The first two PKs were pretty good, but the last two or three were exactly why we are 27th in the league in that department.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012

Like I said to 2Cowen, singling out Brassard's production is very silly. ALL of the team was in a slump... You would have made fun of whoever scored that goal then?

This is a useless exchange, I just find it funny that some posters are being passive agressive / sarcastic against a player who actually tried tonight and despite there being just 90 seconds left, clearly wanted to win this game and contributed to giving the team a chance to do so.

Anyways.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
That's only if you are really biased. Sens gave up 5 straight goals while playing like crap in front of the net and getting very little going in their favor until it was 5-3. That 4th goal only happened because we took out Andy on the PP, which would not have happened otherwise.

Those two goals you say refereeing was directly responsible for actually happened because no one was covering their man. The interference was iffy and could be called either way.

No, it's not being really biased, it's recognizing that teams get outplayed and stay in games all the time. In fact, teams routinely win games they are outplayed. That's the nature of hockey, bounces and goaltending can flip the outcome. I'm not saying we were a better team tonight, but we were getting good goaltending and some puck luck at times. I actually missed a third goal that may have been overturned had the refs not blown the initial interference review, because the Staal PP goal was certainly worth a challenge too.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
when will chabot getting more playing time... and the ceci and phanenuf gets plenty of playing time while going -4 and -3 respectively..

I don't have any stats in front of me, but it did seem like Chabot has some good icetime in the 3rd period.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Like I said to 2Cowen, singling out Brassard's production is very silly. ALL of the team was in a slump... You would have made fun of whoever scored that goal then?

This is a useless exchange, I just find it funny that some posters are being passive agressive / sarcastic against a player who actually tried tonight and despite there being just 90 seconds left, clearly wanted to win this game and contributed to giving the team a chance to do so.

Anyways.

Everyone gets called out. I don't see an issue.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Blaming the Reffing is kinda empty. I mean. Seven been the worse team for like 90% of games this year. Not like we're earning calls

I don't mind the missed calls so much, though the inconsistency is certainly annoying, but not getting a video review that clearly show the forwards stick impeding Anderson's leg right shouldn't happen. Losing out timeout on that blown review resulted in not being able to challenge another potential interference. That's potentially a 2 goal swing because of a bad call where the ref had the benefit of looking at the replay.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I don't have any stats in front of me, but it did seem like Chabot has some good icetime in the 3rd period.

PerSHFAVGTOIEV TOTPP TOTSH TOT
1500:3202:4102:4100:0000:00
2500:4904:0603:0101:0500:00
3700:3904:3604:3600:0000:00
TOT1700:4011:2310:1801:0500:00
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I counted 3 shifts when Chabot was out with the 4th line.. could have been more.. I assume we will see him play more once reality about our playoff hopes start sinking in. I would like to see them try to play him more and more to his strengths. Let him feel good about his game..

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Lol I don't get these posts?

You're ragging on a guy who just scored and played a good game...

I don't prefer either Brass or Duchene over the players Dorion gave up and I detest it when either of them pads their stats by scoring a late meaningless goal when there is no time left and chance of tying or going ahead. Last time he did that was 4 games ago in Buffalo there was only about 53 seconds left and he scored to make it 3-2. Too little too late it was just false hope. Why can't he score when there is lots of time left or they need the tying goal or the winner. 10 to one someone will post his stats at the end of the season and say look how good he is. I can't stand those personal feel good meaningless late game goals especially for those 2 guys.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I don't mind the missed calls so much, though the inconsistency is certainly annoying, but not getting a video review that clearly show the forwards stick impeding Anderson's leg right shouldn't happen. Losing out timeout on that blown review resulted in not being able to challenge another potential interference. That's potentially a 2 goal swing because of a bad call where the ref had the benefit of looking at the replay.
THe stick barely impeded him. If at all

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

You're getting stuck on reffing and not seeing the big picture. We lost this game because we played badly for half of it. Sure, sometimes you luck out and win games you were outplayed in, but the Sens aren't good enough to get those these days.

Focus on what the actual problems are instead of blaming the refs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad