Pre-Game Talk: The Wild invade Ottawa, Tues. 7:00 pm on TSN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I like Boucher but I think this team would improve with a change in playing style. Something just isn't right..

This is the prototypical Boucher loss. The team get a 2-goal lead and then proceeds to play "not to lose" until it's 4-3, and then once it gets out of reach they start to attack.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
It's amazing how one bull**** call can totally ruin a game. Pisses me off more than anything else in sports.

Score should be 4-3
At 5-3 the Wild sit back more I would think. At 4-3 they're probably attacking and we don't look as "good" as we do now

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa
goal 4 was off a pretty suspect penalty call, and ignored a pretty evident legit penalty right before the subsequent goal. Having said that, not sure we deserve a tie game though. Hard to say, we got some great chances off the PK, but we let them control the play for long stretches.
The balance of the play is definitely in Minnesota's favor but you can still pick up points when you're outplayed. It becomes impossible to do so when the refs just are absolute garbage and don't call the game properly.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
what does Boucher tell this team when they get a 2-goal lead?

When was the last time we had a 2-goal lead early in a game and secured a win?

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
The balance of the play is definitely in Minnesota's favor but you can still pick up points when you're outplayed. It becomes impossible to do so when the refs just are absolute garbage and don't call the game properly.

You can't think like that. If the team wants to win it has to play to win. These are excuses.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Wow. The almost never ever ever called intentional offside to send it back in our end. Stay classy refs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad