The Ultimate General Manager's Chat Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TBLbrian

Mar 5, 2008
NC
i think we need to get some draft charts soon, its harder to keep up with who was picked then i thought lol

McRobbiezyg

Oct 21, 2007
I personally think hossa could have gotten more than 7.6... he's only making 7.4 or whatever this year because he wants to contend for a cup and detriot wouldn't pay him more than lidstrom.. i think the oil were offer him 8.5-9 mil a year.

jcorb58

Sep 28, 2004
I personally think hossa could have gotten more than 7.6... he's only making 7.4 or whatever this year because he wants to contend for a cup and detriot wouldn't pay him more than lidstrom.. i think the oil were offer him 8.5-9 mil a year.

i agree terrible longterm deal, 5 yrs should of been 8-9

TBLbrian

Mar 5, 2008
NC

well i took it up with both Agent and Odishabs and met at the middle of both offers, $7.8m is plenty of $$, maybe he will go after a winning team again, if detriot goes well, who knows?

if you all think its more fair, i can make the deal for 7 years or so...but i don't think the $$ is that far off. He would have gotten $8 on a crappy team, so he got 7.6 on a good one.

jcorb58

Sep 28, 2004
well i took it up with both Agent and Odishabs and met at the middle of both offers, $7.8m is plenty of $$, maybe he will go after a winning team again, if detriot goes well, who knows?

if you all think its more fair, i can make the deal for 7 years or so...but i don't think the $$ is that far off. He would have gotten $8 on a crappy team, so he got 7.6 on a good one.

oilers wanted to give him 9+

McRobbiezyg

Oct 21, 2007
thats one thing i've been mulling over though... why do we have to handle our own contracts? why cant we just use the money that they get in real life?

TBLbrian

Mar 5, 2008
NC
thats one thing i've been mulling over though... why do we have to handle our own contracts? why cant we just use the money that they get in real life?

then we wouldn't really have a UFA pool, and the draft would just sort of stop and we would have basically the same team ever year. '

when offering me a contract, you can match exactly what they get in real life if they get a new one before UFA period, but if not, then they can go UFA at the end of the year.

TBLbrian

Mar 5, 2008
NC
oilers wanted to give him 9+

Joe Thornton got a $7.3m extension, and he is better than Hossa.

i'm telling you all contracts will be handled fairly, the best way to go about it is comparing the player you are trying to sign to another.

i took it up with both Agent and Odishabs: agent said around 7 and Odis said around 8, so i met in the middle toward the higher side. i didn't know a more fair way to go about it.

agent2421

Feb 3, 2008
Ottawa
that's pretty much the reason, for us it's a 4 month offseason because we finish in April so we need UFA's and things to do in the offseason.

jcorb58

Sep 28, 2004
then we wouldn't really have a UFA pool, and the draft would just sort of stop and we would have basically the same team ever year. '

when offering me a contract, you can match exactly what they get in real life if they get a new one before UFA period, but if not, then they can go UFA at the end of the year.

i am really confussed now do i have to negotiate every contract as if the player doesnt have one or just extentions on the existing

TBLbrian

Mar 5, 2008
NC
all contracts existing are good. and if a player has signed an extension as of now that counts also.

only players with 1 year left on their current team contracts need to be re-negotiated.

for example: Eric Staal was just signed to an extension so he is covered for his contract

O'sullivan hasn't been, so whoever picks him will have to do a contract offer through me

McRobbiezyg

Oct 21, 2007
whatever i dont really care.. i woulda been happier at 8 but oh well.. i just hope when i go to extend price next year i dont have to pay him 9.

TBLbrian

Mar 5, 2008
NC
whatever i dont really care.. i woulda been happier at 8 but oh well.. i just hope when i go to extend price next year i dont have to pay him 9.

i wouldn't do that, all offers will be fair. but if MON re-signs him to a $9m deal before you re-sign him, thats out of my control.

its only a $.400m difference, if it would make you happier, i can add that and add a year. make it $8m for 6 years.

is that more fair?

jcorb58

Sep 28, 2004
sorry agent but i am signing off, got to work early, i know you wanted to pick

angelos msn message says he hates to be sick, mystery solved, hope hes better tomorrow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad