The Tristan Jarry conundrum

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Let him go.

His comments blaming his injuries as quick as he could put a nail in that coffin.

Isnt this like the fifth time this year he blamed them too. Every bad performance this guy blames injuries. Either he is always hurt or cant handle the pressure

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Isnt this like the fifth time this year he blamed them too. Every bad performance this guy blames injuries. Either he is always hurt or cant handle the pressure
I thought an interesting piece was:

"I am hurt and have playing hurt a lot of the year and just been playing through it"

"Is this something that can be fixed with surgery?"

"No"

Like, WTF does that even mean? You'll just try to play hurt for the rest of your career? Could just be sour-post-game/season-grapes, but that was a perplexing answer to those questions.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
He's not been the problem in my opinion. And it's not like we can get anyone truly elite.

I defended Jarry since he joined the Pens. I thought he never got his due in terms of the level he was playing at. I also thought that some patience after the NYI series was due and he'd bounce back. He kinda did, but then he also was injured for the playoffs vs NYR. Being available is a critical component of being a goalie.

I also feel that the goaltending can't be the scapegoat once again for this team/coach. At some point you have to defend better and not give up grade A chances. The team defense and structure blows, but the goalies didn't do themselves any favors this year.

Jarry has to go at this point

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
He’d probably be fine in a true goalie tandem instead of playing the bulk of the games. I just have no interest in seeing him back. He’s either been hurt or shit the bed in big moments so it’s time to move on.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Let him go.

His comments blaming his injuries as quick as he could put a nail in that coffin.
I mean his injuries did hinder his movement and I feel like it's valid. But he should leave if he wants to have a proper future. It won't be with a shit show franchise like this.

Reactions: Gold Diamond

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I mean his injuries did hinder his movement and I feel like it's valid. But he should leave if he wants to have a proper future. It won't be with a shit show franchise like this.

Neat. He is perfectly fine to bring up his injuries in his exit interview.

Instead immediately after a game he said injuries were what made him play this way.

spfan

May 4, 2009
Oh yea idk what it’d take or why they’d even deal him. He’s one of my faves though.
I could see Nashville trading him. Maybe not this summer, but within a few years, since they do have Askarov coming. But, that would cost quite a bit.

I defended Jarry since he joined the Pens. I thought he never got his due in terms of the level he was playing at. I also thought that some patience after the NYI series was due and he'd bounce back. He kinda did, but then he also was injured for the playoffs vs NYR. Being available is a critical component of being a goalie.

I also feel that the goaltending can't be the scapegoat once again for this team/coach. At some point you have to defend better and not give up grade A chances. The team defense and structure blows, but the goalies didn't do themselves any favors this year.

Jarry has to go at this point
I still say Jarry is at worst average. And who are we getting that's surely better? Shesterkin, Vas etc. aren't dropping in our laps.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
All the people saying Saros need to realize that he is not available. Askarov will need to show that he is more than just a prospect and can handle being a #1 goalie. There is a far greater chance that Saros signs an extension with NSH than he is to be traded, and zero chance it happens this summer.

And Jarry bringing up the injuries directly after the game was damage control on his part. I firmly believe he knows he will not be resigned by the Pens and is trying to lessen the blow when he gets out on the free agent market. I mean, if he was hurt, why did he play last night?

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis

"I am hurt and have playing hurt a lot of the year and just been playing through it"

"No"

Like, WTF does that even mean? You'll just try to play hurt for the rest of your career? Could just be sour-post-game/season-grapes, but that was a perplexing answer to those questions.
Maybe mentally hurt after reading HFPens on accident

• Haha
Reactions: SEALBound

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
All the people saying Saros need to realize that he is not available. Askarov will need to show that he is more than just a prospect and can handle being a #1 goalie. There is a far greater chance that Saros signs an extension with NSH than he is to be traded, and zero chance it happens this summer.

Saros is coming off a really good year, so perhaps they feel the time is right to trade him at his highest value. Plus with the goalie market thin, that could up their asking price a bit.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I don’t know how anyone could possibly want him back. Make a god damn trade for a goalie. The guy single handedly ruined the team against the Isles, was horrible down the stretch this season, and was injured all last playoffs.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
in a dream scenario you'd get something from someone even if its a 4th rd pick. for exclusive rights on negotiating before FA. but in no way shape or form should Jarry be back on this team. that locker room won't confront him directly (unfortunately) because that's not how that enviro works. But they can't have any confidence in him, like at all.
I love how Jarry is playing the injury card, is that why you can't glove a damn puck when we need it and you get beat high glove again? You're so injured you couldn't telescope out 2 feet? Injuries caused you to get so far out of position that you are out of the crease and facing the back boards? I call bullshit to all that. Either Jarry is lieing, or I dunno. Because if he's injured to the point that he can't play competently then he should not be in net. If he's that damn injured why did sullivan keep trotting him out, why didn't Hextall do something?
excuses are like assholes we all have one...

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019

"No"

Or, he played hurt because he saw the shit Desmith was producing and even at 50% he was better.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Let him go.

That pissed me off. Dude never took ownership of any of his bad play ever. Every time he loses it's the team's fault for playing sloppy in front of him or it's because he's injured.

f*** him. I really hope he's not back.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Or, he played hurt because he saw the shit Desmith was producing and even at 50% he was better.
preview.jpg

That's my net, man! You can't take that!

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Hextall is gone. We need to stop with the whole “but who else can we sign” loser mentality. Stop keeping crappy guys because you are afraid to make a trade. Take a f***ing chance. These goalies have sunk us for years now.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
His injuries are in his head. He needs to go see Fleury’s goalie shrink.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
I think he's a talented goalie, but he's had enough chances. This team needs a legit number one goalie if they're going to go anywhere, and Jarry is far too inconsistent and oft-injured.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015

"No"

People have mention hip problems i think. It might be something that actually that cant be fixed. He is probably trying to get that long term contract before it gets worse.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad