The Tomas Plekanec Thread

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
Let's face it. He's a 35 year old who is probably home sick, heart isn't in it and playing out the string. Should have talked to the agent or something to see if he was up for this.
So they should have asked a veteran with no cup if he was up for a cup run?

Give me a f***ing break.

He's a gutless puke who shouldn't see another minute in blue and white.

Reactions: TMLS

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
10% CF% tonight, for game 1.

Wasn't the only one who had a bad night, but boy does he look lost out there.

I don't really have an explanation for what he was doing on their 3rd goal.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
10% CF% tonight, for game 1.

Wasn't the only one who had a bad night, but boy does he look lost out there.

I don't really have an explanation for what he was doing on their 3rd goal.

Rielly also had just about the same. Both are good players in their own respect, just had a bad game.

He'll improve

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Pleks was better with Johnsson as Komarov is totally dumb at this point. It's like he got his bell rang too many times. Play the kids ffs

horner

May 22, 2007
He sucks.
Montreal wont even sign him next yr.
He is done as a hockey player

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Time to put Moore back in but I doubt Babcock will do that. I don’t think Moore is any better but we’ve given Plekanec a good chance already. Let’s see what Moore can do against a team he’s played with before.

He loves players like Komarov, Polak, Plekanec. Essentially, if you suck, you have a fan in Babcock.

Last edited:

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Rielly also had just about the same. Both are good players in their own respect, just had a bad game.

He'll improve
He had 20 games in the regular season to improve. Playoffs isn’t the time to figure your shit out. He wasn’t good. He needs to sit. Moore is a better player than what Plekanec has done since he got here

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Always disliked him. Unhappy they traded for him. Dislike him even more.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
He had 20 games in the regular season to improve. Playoffs isn’t the time to figure your **** out. He wasn’t good. He needs to sit. Moore is a better player than what Plekanec has done since he got here
He had to shave the goatee...without the goatee he is nothing. Habs fan here-he has lost more than a step recently still more than okay defensively but he needs 3rd line wingers at least not 4th. That 3rd goal- Bergeron's line can do that to almost anybody. He does know to beat boston in playoffs just not anybody else. Maybe spill a bit of red dye on his jersey for better results.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK

He'll improve

You know what you are going to get with Rielly though.

To be honest, i just dont know what Plekanec offers you.

People said it was Brian Boyle 2.0 at the deadline, but it feels more like Eric Fehr 2.0.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
You know what you are going to get with Rielly though.

To be honest, i just dont know what Plekanec offers you.

People said it was Brian Boyle 2.0 at the deadline, but it feels more like Eric Fehr 2.0.

He didn’t seem to have any problem when he had two speedy wingers by his side. His play went down the drain when Komarov came back.

Before that he was defensively sound, creating chances which he sucked on capitalizing and skated well.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I am really disappointed. If anything, I thought playing Boston would wake him up, but he just looks lethargic out there.

I hope that was the last time Babs intentionally tries to match him against Bergeron's line.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
That was probably the worst game I've seen him play. I would have been disappointed if that was Gauthier, never mind a supposedly solid veteran. His positioning throughout the game was that of a rookie completely in over his head. When Pasta scored that goal, that was the third or fourth time already I caught Plekanec nowhere near where he should be, floating around puck watching.

Go4soda

Dec 15, 2015
Time to put Moore back in but I doubt Babcock will do that. I don’t think Moore is any better but we’ve given Plekanec a good chance already. Let’s see what Moore can do against a team he’s played with before.

He loves players like Komarov, Polak, Plekanec. Essentially, if you suck, you have a fan in Babcock.
It’s been said that great players never make great coaches (ie: Gretzky) because they become frustrated that their players can’t process the game the way they themselves, could.
Coaches identify with players that remind them of themselves. perhaps that explains Babcock’s loyalty and fascination with guys like komarov, Hyman, etc. Babs admitted he never was good enough to play at a high level, but was a hard worker...

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
Move Komarov to C and bring Andreas in. This guy is dud and i hated the deal when i found out it was a 2nd round pick.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Komarov and Plekanec both suck.

Thankfully, we still have guys like Moore and Leivo who could replace them.

Unfortunately, Babcock is our coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad