OT: The Thread About Nothing Part 200: Where does the time go?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Massive crowd begins stampeding after spotting rare Pokemon in Central Park

http://www.king5.com/life/massive-c...otting-rare-pokemon-in-central-park/275016123

The hoards of people in this video are amazing.

A little background from someone who lived walking distance to Central Park - this is HIGHLY unusual, as in, I've never seen something like this before; ever. Once the sun goes down, with the exception of summer concerts and Shakespeare in the Park, Central Park is very empty. You'll have some sicko jogging addicts, a stray roller-blader, and Dutch tourists who dont realize they shouldn't be in the park at 11pm, but that's about it. You dont see people flooding INTO the park at night.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN

http://www.king5.com/life/massive-c...otting-rare-pokemon-in-central-park/275016123

A little background from someone who lived walking distance to Central Park - this is HIGHLY unusual, as in, I've never seen something like this before; ever. Once the sun goes down, with the exception of summer concerts and Shakespeare in the Park, Central Park is very empty. You'll have some sicko jogging addicts, a stray roller-blader, and Dutch tourists who dont realize they shouldn't be in the park at 11pm, but that's about it. You dont see people flooding INTO the park at night.

but there's lighting set up - this was not spontaneous. That's staged in some way. Probably by the app company to stir interest even more.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm too old for Pokemon from the first time around, and I'm surely as hell too old for it this time around.

I have no idea what this whole thing is all about, other than this recent obsession with some game on an app.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

Thin the herd Darwin.... Thin the herd.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I've managed to live over 30 years never having used (or needed) a compass...so I don't know, fellas

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
6a00d8341c630a53ef014e5f48a9f8970c-500wi

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/officials-man-shoots-pokeman-players-house-40641726

Man Shoots at 'Pokemon Go' Players Outside House

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
but there's lighting set up - this was not spontaneous. That's staged in some way. Probably by the app company to stir interest even more.

There are street lights on both sides of CPW, so I figured it was from that, but you may be right given how many people are there. Maybe it was social media directed by Nintendo. I also hear that this is going to turn into a branding opportunity where Nike or Coke or GAP etc.... can pay Nintendo to host a Pokemon and get people to go to a specific location? It's going to be like pied-piper for dopey millennials.

I guess Sweden has a new King Henrik :lol:

And one that's actually won the major event in his sport.

Man Shoots at 'Pokemon Go' Players Outside House

This one's another obvious call. Trespassing on private property in the middle of the night is a recipe for getting shot.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I also hear that this is going to turn into a branding opportunity where Nike or Coke or GAP etc.... can pay Nintendo to host a Pokemon and get people to go to a specific location? It's going to be like pied-piper for dopey millennials.

If "brands" haven't by now have figured out how to advertise to Millennials...

It's simply play on Millennials desire to live in nostalgia.

When is a cardboard cutout of Steve Urkel going to become a spokesperson for Pearlvision?

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
If "brands" haven't by now have figured out how to advertise to Millennials...

It's simply play on Millennials desire to live in nostalgia.

I think it's a bit novel though, as they're targeting a specific demographic, and getting them to go to a specific area (where they will be marketed to en masse).

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
:rolleyes:
subtle brag about being a boat captain.

Haha, I'm good with a boat but not a captain, my brother has his captains license actually. Weird that this compass thing came up, we broke out some old charts last week and used those.

The marine gps plotters available now though are absolutely insane these days. I remember using LORAN back in the day, they were a chain of radio towers up and down the coast that triangulated your position and gave you basic lat/long numbers.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Went down to Delaware and played 3 rounds of golf this weekend. 2 on saturday and 1 today. Walked all 3. It was freaking hot out there. But I finally broke 80! I shot a 79 Saturday morning.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Heading to Calgary Friday should be fun haven't been there in a while.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I want to pitch a new series to Discovery Channel... "Naked and afraid in my living room"

I'm on location now filming the pilot.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Episode 1: Too late for Chinese food delivery.

Episode 2: out of whiskey.

Episode 3: poor WiFi connection

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
They were in their car, on a public street. Never stepped on his property.

Well that's different; he should be arrested.

But I've read people have been trespassing through and traipsing onto people's property playing this game. So I'm calling dibs on, "shot to death in the backyard/on the porch" in the PokemonGo death game.

Episode 1: Too late for Chinese food delivery.

Episode 2: out of whiskey.

Episode 3: poor WiFi connection

Episode 4: AC down (summertime power outage)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad