OT: The Thread About Nothing Part 190: Terrorists, Wild Trout, Microbeers, and Stuff

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Another submission for TOTD (Tweet Of The Day).

Team Athlete Life ‏@TeamAthleteLife

Tim Tebow: "I'm a Christian."
Media: "Keep it to yourself."

Jason Collins: "I'm gay."
Media: "You're an inspiration!"

#idontunderstand

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
What I found is in a room full of liberals, I'm a conservative but in a room full of conservatives, I'm a liberal...what I realized was what I really am is an instigating trouble maker.

battlingBard56

May 30, 2011
Union County, NJ
Why am I not surprised this is a mostly conservative thread? :laugh:

As for Collins not keeping the fact he's gay to himself. People are ****ing AFRAID to come out as a gay athlete. You NEVER see someone get **** for being openly Christian or straight, but homophobia runs RAMPANT in sports.
THAT'S WHY HE CAME OUT.

Good for Collins. Now more athletes will realize they don't have to be afraid to have the same human right to mere RESPECT as straight folk.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

Lol. This is so ridiculous BG and you know it. One said one time he's gay in a world full of homophobic players that will now likely not want anything to do with him while the other is like a little yappy puppy constantly forcing his ideals down our throats and telling us if we don't believe what he does we're going to hell. Come on now.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Lol. This is so ridiculous BG and you know it. One said one time he's gay in a world full of homophobic players that will now likely not want anything to do with him while the other is like a little yappy puppy constantly forcing his ideals down our throats and telling us if we don't believe what he does we're going to hell. Come on now.

Tebow has never forced his views on other people. That was all on ESPN.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
It's getting a little too heavy.... let's talk about something else...

Anybody like sausage?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I really did have homemade venison sausage for dinner with a nice red wine reduction and carmalized onions over mash with glass of Bourbon...

Thanks to the chef of the house.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey

There are a lot of Christians in major sports and they are not crapped on for their beliefs. Being religious is not unknown to sports but being an active gay player is.

I would wager it's much harder to be open gay person than being an open Christian. Not saying it's okay for Tebow to criticized so much for his Christianity but I don't think it's comparable.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Tweet of the Day you say?

zb82J2m.png

just gonna leave that there......

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
You NEVER see someone get **** for being openly Christian

If you were fighting in Afghanistan last year, or in the Peace Corps in Tanzania, I'll give you a pass on the above.

One said one time he's gay in a world full of homophobic players that will now likely not want anything to do with him while the other is like a little yappy puppy constantly forcing his ideals down our throats and telling us if we don't believe what he does we're going to hell. Come on now.

Nope, certainly no aggression or over-the-top criticism here. Not to mention, a complete lack of truth to boot AFAIK.

It's getting a little too heavy.... let's talk about something else...

Anybody like sausage?

You're waiting for someone to say Jason Collins arent you?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Most people I know are more uncomfortable with an open and outspoken Christian than they are a gay person.... that is just the facts. Most people I know have a deep distain for religion and I don't understand why. But hey, I don't really give a **** either way.

Neither helps me catch fish or enjoy my day so I don't have time for either.

But there seems to be an irony from my perspective... and that is the side that preaches tolerance really doesn't have much of it.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
my best friend is an openly gay black man that has also played basketball before, where's his call from the president?

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Most people I know are more uncomfortable with an open and outspoken Christian than they are a gay person.... that is just the facts.

It's a false construct.

Gay people are frankly not very discriminated against in America today. Certainly not nearly as much as some people wish they were anyway, and not nearly as much as other instances of legitimate discrimination that existed in American society, including real discrimination against gays.

There are people who obsess over and long-for a "good old fashioned Civil Rights" fight, and darn-it they'll act ridiculously in order to have it! You see examples of this in the media every day where someone calls someone a racist for something ridiculous that clearly wasn't the least bit racist.

Again, it all gets back to the desire to make an overty public display of self-righteousness. Did you see that? Did you all see what a good person I am?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Never mind. I don't want to read this again in the morning.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad