The state of Florida braces for Hurricane Milton, Panthers still scheduled to play tonight

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
Pray that Tampa General Hospital’s flood mitigation holds

IMG-4577.jpg

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

Score08

Apr 6, 2017
The hurricane's path isn't projected to pass over there but it's still extremely insensitive, reckless and stupid to not reschedule the game.

This qualifies as a state-wide crisis to say the least and will impact millions of people indirectly and demand time, energy and resources.
There people in charge of such things seem to disagree with you.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Florida insurance industry could possibly collapse
Nah. It'll be like after Katrina, where they went around the whole country and jacked up everyone else's insurance to pay out the people who lost everything. I had relatives 1/2 mile from the beach uphill too (in New England) and they somehow got away with jacking up their flood insurance premium after Katrina. 30 years living there and never flooded once. Insurance is such a scam.
Pray that Tampa General Hospital’s flood mitigation holds

IMG-4577.jpg
Terrible spot for a hospital. That would be a perfect spot for a maximum security prison for the worst offenders though :laugh:

Reactions: Marco 85

JoVel

Jan 23, 2017
I think people would take it more seriously if it wasn't called Milton. No one is going to be intimidated by something called Milton.

Reactions: northeastern

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
My parents evacuated. If the surge and waves crest 9’ they are going to have water in their home. My aunt has not evacuated but is slightly higher in elevation. I am far enough in shore that it is just a matter of wind damage here.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
I think people would take it more seriously if it wasn't called Milton. No one is going to be intimidated by something called Milton.
You might be onto something. Sandy isn't exactly an intimidating name and look how that one turned out 🤔

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017
My ass is just finishing up packing the car and I’m gone. I spent 2-3 hours trying to get plastic sheeting up with it never being fully sealed, so a giant waste of time and money.

My parents evacuated. If the surge and waves crest 9’ they are going to have water in their home. My aunt has not evacuated but is slightly higher in elevation. I am far enough in shore that it is just a matter of wind damage here.
How far inland are you? I’m right off Hillsborough bay with 75 a 2 min walk away. So I’m like 3-4 miles inland depending the angle you take from that part of the bay. Zone C, but like I’m right on the front of zone C with zone B being separated just by a 4 lane road and some woods / trees.

Marco 85

Jan 13, 2021
Nah. It'll be like after Katrina, where they went around the whole country and jacked up everyone else's insurance to pay out the people who lost everything. I had relatives 1/2 mile from the beach uphill too (in New England) and they somehow got away with jacking up their flood insurance premium after Katrina. 30 years living there and never flooded once. Insurance is such a scam.

Terrible spot for a hospital. That would be a perfect spot for a maximum security prison for the worst offenders though :laugh:
100% right on insurance.

Got to have it. But can’t use it.
You have to fight like a tiger on a carcass to get a proper settlement.
They will screw you every way possible if you don’t.

After the settlement. They raise your rates dramatically or cancel you.

Reactions: BB79

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad