Pre-Game Talk: THE STANLEY CUP FINAL | Penguins vs. Predators | Pens Lead Series 3-2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I almost want the Pens to win in Nashville just to see that little ***** PK cry tears and that fan base just completely be at a loss of words and so that butterface Underwood can go sing some sad sack country redneck song in her double wide to put Fisher to sleep.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

Nashville is on the left, Pittsburgh on the right. It kind of explains why shot totals do not tell the whole story.

As a side note, McCurdy still has not linked his model with the cup percentages to the general public yet. Odd. Those are usually out by 2 pm the day after a game.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/p-k-subban-sidney-crosby-actually-said-ice-game-3-192632928.html

There's also this.

PK is a piece of ****, all I hear in the Canadian media right now is how PK is a good guy and they even interviewed his freaking Dad about the incident on the ice in Game 5 to paint him as a good kid and that Sid was his best friend in Sochi.

Absolutely hilarious.

PK was "tasked" to get under Crosby's skin and shut him down.

PK Subban vs the Pens: 5games, 2pts, +/- 0, 13PIM
Sidney Crosby vs the Preds: 5games, 7pts, +4, 6PIM

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
I have to say, more than a few beers in tonight, that I did not expect to be in this position at any point during the regular season or for that matter at the beginning of the playoffs. Don't know exactly why but team has not looked to be at that same level as last year during the stretch into the playoffs. Tremendous character to be here in my opinion.

Mattpilf

Jun 28, 2016

Nashville is on the left, Pittsburgh on the right. It kind of explains why shot totals do not tell the whole story.

As a side note, McCurdy still has not linked his model with the cup percentages to the general public yet. Odd. Those are usually out by 2 pm the day after a game.

I've noticed teams that rely on Defensemen to generate their offense tend to take perimeter shots more. Ottawa does it, CBJ does it, Flyers do it, Preds do it. Not that surprising , if you give the puck to Defensemen more, you'd expect more shot attempts from them.

Even when a Defensemen gets the puck, rarely does he drift into the center, it's much more a rotation along the boards.

Also I wouldn't worry about what any model says. Pens have a 75% chance, give or take 5%. Even a 55% chance for each win by Nashville only leads to a 70/30 split in Pittsburgh favor.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/p-k-subban-sidney-crosby-actually-said-ice-game-3-192632928.html

There's also this.

PK is a piece of ****, all I hear in the Canadian media right now is how PK is a good guy and they even interviewed his freaking Dad about the incident on the ice in Game 5 to paint him as a good kid and that Sid was his best friend in Sochi.

Absolutely hilarious.

PK was "tasked" to get under Crosby's skin and shut him down.

PK Subban vs the Pens: 5games, 2pts, +/- 0, 13PIM
Sidney Crosby vs the Preds: 5games, 7pts, +4, 6PIM

https://twitter.com/Ginohard_/status/873346061678419968

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012

Yeah, PK is a piece of ****. I mean you can kind of see why his Montreal team mates didn't like him and there's more than enough evidence there to suggest that to be true, not a single current Habs player defended things Gill said or anything. How do you donate that much money and not have 1 single player show up for support, that just screams a guy that is just not well liked.

PK is there for PK, he comes off that way and you can even see the Predators players kind of doing their own thing while PK is trying to be the center of attention there too. That act will eventually grow tired in Nashville. I hope PK tries to **** Crosby off again for Game 6. Just go nuts PK, watch Crosby make you his *****.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Yeah, PK is a piece of ****. I mean you can kind of see why his Montreal team mates didn't like him and there's more than enough evidence there to suggest that to be true, not a single current Habs player defended things Gill said or anything. How do you donate that much money and not have 1 single player show up for support, that just screams a guy that is just not well liked.

PK is there for PK, he comes off that way and you can even see the Predators players kind of doing their own thing while PK is trying to be the center of attention there too. That act will eventually grow tired in Nashville. I hope PK tries to **** Crosby off again for Game 6. Just go nuts PK, watch Crosby make you his *****.

Here's the deal about that trash pile and the hospital. He did not donate 10 million dollars, he said he would raise 10 million dollars and give the money in his foundations name. What wonderful PR, have others give the actual $$$ but your name is on the cheque.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I don't really mind stuff that happens on ice. Emotions are high, guys don't want to lose. Its natural to lose control once in awhile. Especially during a long playoff run, players/teams going thru a lot of ups and downs.

But one thing you don't see from Crosby is carrying that over to interviews. Hes done things (mainly in the past) during games that he'd probably take back if he could but you never see him complain in interviews. Its like a switch is turned on during games and off right after. That's always been his mindset and what separates him from others.

I lose respect for any player who complains after a game. Mike Richards always did it with Philly. Couture calling Crosby a cheater at faceoffs in last year's finals. Subban making up **** trying too hard. Torts(even worse when its a coach) talking about the Pens a few years ago. And so on.

That's one thing I've always respected about Ovechkin as well, never resorted to that after games. Left it on the ice.

All it does is create drama for those players fan bases. Something for them to latch onto and repeat what was said for years.

Whale Mingo

Nov 18, 2012
I love Sid

I've seen in series battles between players and teams and all is usually forgotten by the time the handshake line rolls around and everything is written off as hard play and everyone wanting to win which I understand.

I do genuinely think Sid does not like Subban and with good reason. I don't think I've seen a piece of trash quite like him in some time.

mrwirez

Apr 17, 2017
Pitt
uupaa8N_d.jpg

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Meh Subban is just their Samuelsson, ruutu or cooke... its not hard to understand his schtick.. its why he gets those penalties... they know what he is doing.. and as we all know the fanbase with those guys cheers those guys and excuses them while they are on the team...

Agitation is unfortunately a part of hockey... Subby is a great talent... and an agitator...

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
The thought of another Game 7 makes me sick to my stomach.

You figure they are due for a win in Nashville, right? And are due for a win in Game 6, seeing as they haven't won one since... oh wow, last year's Cup Final. Hmmm...

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Are the Coldplay albums still in their protective shrink wrap?

I'll take 'em.

Meh Subban is just their Samuelsson, ruutu or cooke... its not hard to understand his schtick.. its why he gets those penalties... they know what he is doing.. and as we all know the fanbase with those guys cheers those guys and excuses them while they are on the team...

Agitation is unfortunately a part of hockey... Subby is a great talent... and an agitator...

Yep. A guy you would love on your team and hate if you are every other NHL Team. We've had our fair share of those guys, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad