Pre-Game Talk: THE STANLEY CUP FINAL | Penguins vs. Predators | Pens Lead Series 3-2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Time for Crosby and Malkin to put the team on their backs.

IMO, this is the wrong way to look at it. It's time for the depth to actually start scoring. Crosby and Malkin (along with Guentzel) have done the bulk of the scoring up to this point. Time for this vaunted depth to actually show up.

Lionel Hutz

Apr 13, 2004
Locking the Lounge??
IMO, this is the wrong way to look at it. It's time for the depth to actually start scoring. Crosby and Malkin (along with Guentzel) have done the bulk of the scoring up to this point. Time for this vaunted depth to actually show up.

Time for the wingers to bury the chances that they're are going to put on a platter for them.

Time for the 3rd and 4th to get one or two.

And time for Murray to rebound, Im sure he will.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
You suck, its all your fault.

Really bizarre

If you go to college hockey games, all of their chants are typical of college hockey.

Nashville is a large college town, not that bizarre at all, really.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Ever think the Pens play better at Consol because they are used to mellow environments? Their precision passing and concentration required for deflections depends on low crowd noise? Kinda of like how a Quarterback will hush the home crowd when they are on offense.

Just thoughts.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Ever think the Pens play better at Consol because they are used to mellow environments? Their precision passing and concentration required for deflections depends on low crowd noise? Kinda of like how a Quarterback will hush the home crowd when they are on offense.

Just thoughts.

Frankly I use to think it was the opposite .But they've also bucked (Game 7's) many trends over the MS era.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
fezzik.jpg

I hope we win

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
So, where will people be watching the game Sunday ?

I really want to go out to a bar and watch but none of my friends are interested in hockey and going alone does not appeal much :( :(

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
My gut still says that Phil has a gigantic game in this series...hopefully it's this one. I'd also play Archibald. We need that type of player in the lineup. He's got legs, he's rested, and he can create a good forecheck.

Oddfello

Jimmy Montrose
Mar 15, 2013
Pittsburgh
Re-watching the game and just have to say, Kunitz and Cullen were extremely edgy. I loved what they brought, and it seemed infectious. Also, Edzo really does not like the Pens lol; on a related note, way too much time spent talking about a water bottle.

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh

I really want to go out to a bar and watch but none of my friends are interested in hockey and going alone does not appeal much :( :(

I'll be back in the Burgh for a bit so prob head down and watch it around the stadium in some form

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh
Re-watching the game and just have to say, Kunitz and Cullen were extremely edgy. I loved what they brought, and it seemed infectious. Also, Edzo really does not like the Pens lol; on a related note, way too much time spent talking about a water bottle.

Edzo was really bizarre yesterday. Extra salty and going on and on about stuff long after everyone else had moved on. He refused to even address the nice Phil goal and went on and on in a 5-0 game for 5 mins about the water bottle. "Yeah but..." anytime Doc talked about the actual game.

Happened some more in the third too with the scrums and stuff. Mike and Keith were actually defending some Pens stuff like Sid but Edzo would not let go.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

Could be worse, you could be at work like I will be.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

Buy $10 tickets to watch it at the arena.

That is what we are doing.

Last edited:

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
What is this " House Money" garbage Madden is spewing about game 6? You end it asap. Yeah Rinne has been awful in Pittsburgh. Yet all it takes is one great game...it's over.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

watching at home. We've lost every game I've watched away from home (or at my hotel for work) this year and last year in the playoffs.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
Weird stat...

2016 playoffs - Kessel 24 gp 10 g 12 a
2017 playoffs - Kessel 24 gp 8 g 15 a

Seems he was so dominant last year with the HBK line, but he's actually got one more point in this run.

The Greatest 101

Dec 10, 2013
Manchuria
Just finished watching G5. Nothing to complain. Glad to see Murray had a nice game and Hag was flying. So wth was Sully thinking to bench hag when he had to play kuni with M and K?

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Weird stat...

2016 playoffs - Kessel 24 gp 10 g 12 a
2017 playoffs - Kessel 24 gp 8 g 15 a

Seems he was so dominant last year with the HBK line, but he's actually got one more point in this run.

Yeah a lot of those games last year were low scoring, with him(HBK) producing the only goals in some of those. While this year there were many blowouts, with kessel adding to his point total.

He was definitely more of a factor last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad