Pre-Game Talk: THE STANLEY CUP FINAL | Penguins vs. Predators | Pens Lead Series 3-2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Outscored 14-3 in Nashville so far this year... that alone makes me nervous. Also the fact teams that got blown out the game before have followed with wins this playoff.

But something's gotta give.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I wonder if the fans realise Crosby was trying to get away but PK had his ankle locked up. He was obviously trying to stir Crosby up so they'd both get penalties.

If we lose Crosby and they lose Subban that's pretty much a win for us in this series anyway.

No, there were even comments on HF about how Subban was "allegedly" holding Crosby's leg - even though he was posting in a thread that had that gif posted 4-5 times in the same thread and on the same page.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
I saw this. How embarrassing. It did provide comedic relief though.
This just needs to end. Tomorrow, please. I'm exhausted from these past 2 runs and I'm not even a player. Or media for that matter.

If there's another big thing that happens tomorrow that causes stupid backlash like this and we have to wait another 3 days with us also on the brink of elimination... ugh.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Agreed... overly manufactured non-story that only has legs because Subban wants people talking about him as much as possible and the media is gullible and manipulated easily enough they gobble it up.

Which while typical...is very silly.

If I were Subban I'd be busting my ass out there every shift of every game wanting to make/making people discuss me because of my phenomenal play, not because of schoolyard ******** like this.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
I honestly am treating this season as a gravy year so a win isnt necessary, but if we win im so trolling every Philly friend i have for the entire summer.. a win ties us with the oil for best post expansion team ever

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
This just needs to end. Tomorrow, please. I'm exhausted from these past 2 runs and I'm not even a player. Or media for that matter.

If there's another big thing that happens tomorrow that causes stupid backlash like this and we have to wait another 3 days with us also on the brink of elimination... ugh.

Agreed.

My nerves, brain, heart, and especially liver...can't take much more of this. :laugh:

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Agreed.

My nerves, brain, heart, and especially liver...can't take much more of this. :laugh:

Right?!?!

Besides, it would be one hell of a birthday present to a couple of us if we could wrap this up tomorrow. Winning it the day after our birthday's is cool and all... but we can do better. ;)

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Outscored 14-3 in Nashville so far this year... that alone makes me nervous. Also the fact teams that got blown out the game before have followed with wins this playoff.

I'm more nervous about the fact the Pens seem to only bring their 'A' game when it's a must-win (or as close to a must-win, like Game 5 was) game for them.

So far -- knock on wood -- the Pens have come up big when their season was in jeopardy (Game 7 versus both Washington and Ottawa, Game 5 versus Nashville), but they've failed to show that same killer instinct if they have a bit of breathing room and don't *have* to win a game.

Hopefully tomorrow is when they finally buck that trend and come out with the same effort we saw in Game 5.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Right?!?!

Besides, it would be one hell of a birthday present to a couple of us if we could wrap this up tomorrow. Winning it the day after our birthday's is cool and all... but we can do better. ;)

Right. :laugh:

I'm on my eighth 2-4 of beer these playoffs (all of which I have drank by myself), and my 4th bottle of Jager. Also I've had half a bottle of Cuban rum during the BJ's series not to mention I've had 4 six packs of Heineken tall boys between the ECQF's and now. So make that over nine 2-4's technically. Whoops....

Wouldn't be so bad except I'm the only one here who drinks.

:help:

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Right. :laugh:

I'm on my eighth 2-4 of beer these playoffs (all of which I have drank by myself), and my 4th bottle of Jager. Also I've had half a bottle of Cuban rum during the BJ's series not to mention I've had 4 six packs of Heineken tall boys between the ECQF's and now. So make that over nine 2-4's technically. Whoops....

Wouldn't be so bad except I'm the only one here who drinks.

:help:

I haven't been "that" bad - at least I don't think so... ****... or have I!?. Just managed to go through 6 two-sixes. Plus several drunken nights at the bar where my jeep decided to have a sleep over. Damn. If it wasn't for these playoffs, I'd seriously consider myself a boarder line alchy.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
I haven't been "that" bad - at least I don't think so... ****... or have I!?. Just managed to go through 6 two-sixes. Plus several drunken nights at the bar where my jeep decided to have a sleep over. Damn. If it wasn't for these playoffs, I'd seriously consider myself a boarder line alchy.

You're ok Broseph.

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh
I'm more nervous about the fact the Pens seem to only bring their 'A' game when it's a must-win (or as close to a must-win, like Game 5 was) game for them.

So far -- knock on wood -- the Pens have come up big when their season was in jeopardy (Game 7 versus both Washington and Ottawa, Game 5 versus Nashville), but they've failed to show that same killer instinct if they have a bit of breathing room and don't *have* to win a game.

Hopefully tomorrow is when they finally buck that trend and come out with the same effort we saw in Game 5.

Obviously the results are there so there's some cause for concern but I'm not sure how much I really buy it being a true issue.

In the Columbus series, ya I guess it's true but that was a 3-0 situation on the road where you really do have some room and teams often steal one.

Against Washington I don't know that it was so much of them not having the effort as truly just being outmatched at times in that series and having serious adjustments to make in order to play differently by game 7. I feel the Caps were just the better team at that point in the series and Sid coming off the injury.

Against Ottawa we showed up just fine and played really well. It took Anderson stopping 45/46, an overturned goal, and a 5-3 goal for us to lose a tight 2-1 game. Nothing about that game screams lack of effort... it was just a tough loss in a game we played really well in.

So we will see... like I said over the 2 years there's a lot of history of it but I don't know how much has really been an effort issue. Even last year, the 2 times it happened were vs the Caps, which was a pretty tight even series in each game, and vs the Sharks which was again a game we took a million shots on Jones and had glorious chance after chance and just couldn't buy the goal we needed.

kodoshin

Mar 26, 2007

When I see stats like that I actually feel better about it. Stats like that are due for a regression.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
When I see stats like that I actually feel better about it. Stats like that are due for a regression.

But sometimes it takes A LONG time for the stats to even out, Flyers didnt let up at home for 15 years--and even though we played them less, San Jose had beaten us at their home for like 18 years lol:

Most notably during this era was the Penguins' 42-game winless streak at the Spectrum; from February 7, 1974, through February 2, 1989, the Penguins were 0–39–3 at the Spectrum.

ElK15

Oct 16, 2014
"Fans can bring chairs, but couches are not allowed."

LOL! :laugh: :clap:

I remember a public viewing during Soccer World Cup in Germany, where it was allowed to bring your couch. This is how it looked like:

af09.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad