Player Discussion The Slaf Thread - Parabolic Growth Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Matthews is on track to finish his career as a regular season warrior, so eventually his star might fade fast.

Agreed, that can also double as a test for Dach.

I'm OK with loading them up on the PP but at 5/5, I would have a different strategy with Slaf. Supporting him is different than spoiling him. I think we all see the potential and yeah, he does work hard between games so that is nice to see. It's still early yet. I'm trying my best to calm down my own personal hype with him.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Bleacher report ranks the 10 most recent 1st overalls:

10) Slafkovsky
9) Lafreniere
8) Power
7) Ekblad
6) Bedard
5) Hischier
4) Dahlin
3) Hughes
2) Matthews
1) McDavid

I doubt that will hold over time. I think Matthews will drop the most of those players.

That's all well and good (it ain't, really), but let's talk about what's truly important here: who's in the 10 most recent 1st overalls is the biggest chad of them all

And we all know the answer to that question

slafkovsky-habs.gif

Slafkovsky, hands down

Plus, I can see him reaching the #5 or 6 spot in that garbage Bleacher Report list

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
Great news. I thought there would've been a thread of it's own on his new deal but nevertheless. What a contract for the club

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I always wanted Wright, Cooley or Slaf with the 1st overall in 2022.

I always said that if Hughes say the truth with his quote "We will go with the highest potential". I always said it's going to be between Cooley and Slaf.

Today, I'm sooo very happy with him and not Wright or Cooley, I knew it that he can dominate at NHL level with all his tools, but Habs have a though choice in 2022 draft, the hype with Wright and Cooley who was always be see like a huge talent.

2022, 2023 and 2024 have been so perfectly... Slaf the big powerforward with huge offensive talent, Reinbacher the top premiere defenseman RD and Demidov the offensive superstar talent we always wanted.

That's why we wanted to tank, drafting huge talent like that.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
That's all well and good (it ain't, really), but let's talk about what's truly important here: who's in the 10 most recent 1st overalls is the biggest chad of them all

slafkovsky-habs.gif

Slafkovsky, hands down

Plus, I can see him reaching the #5 or 6 spot in that garbage Bleacher Report list
Congrats to Buffalo for having two #1 picks OV that rate well in the pool of #1 picks. They must be dynamite on the blue line.

Must be a defensive juggernaut those Sabres… Yes, I’m salty at the rankings.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Congrats to Buffalo for having two #1 picks OV that rate well in the pool of #1 picks. They must be dynamite on the blue line.

Must be a defensive juggernaut those Sabres… Yes, I’m salty at the rankings.

Just an interesting notice here,

Buffalo had two 1st OV, traded Mittlestadt for Byram and are committed long term to Samuelsson.

That is 4 LD.

Their best RD is f***ing Henri Jokiharju.

Top-4 RD are so f***ing scarce, top pair RD are untouchable and command insane premium. Not a coincidence imo that the top 3D in the 24 draft have been RHD.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Just an interesting notice here,

Buffalo had two 1st OV, traded Mittlestadt for Byram and are committed long term to Samuelsson.

That is 4 LD.

Their best RD is f***ing Henri Jokiharju.

Top-4 RD are so f***ing scarce, top pair RD are untouchable and command insane premium. Not a coincidence imo that the top 3D in the 24 draft have been RHD.
Ya, compentent RHD’s are going the way of the buffalo.

Like I’ve said elsewhere, I’ve done a complete 180 on my assessment of the quality of pick in Reinbacher, and am appreciative of the last bullet MB had in his pocket when he forced Mailloux here… against all judgment and evident backlash to come.

Kony will get minutes here, that’s a sure thing , only because he’s the only RHD with a pro game other the the above two mentioned.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021

slafkovsky-habs.gif

Slafkovsky, hands down

I’d have Slaf 5th on this list. Crazy

Reactions: Bouboumaster

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
I always wanted Wright, Cooley or Slaf with the 1st overall in 2022.

I always said that if Hughes say the truth with his quote "We will go with the highest potential". I always said it's going to be between Cooley and Slaf.

Today, I'm sooo very happy with him and not Wright or Cooley, I knew it that he can dominate at NHL level with all his tools, but Habs have a though choice in 2022 draft, the hype with Wright and Cooley who was always be see like a huge talent.

2022, 2023 and 2024 have been so perfectly... Slaf the big powerforward with huge offensive talent, Reinbacher the top premiere defenseman RD and Demidov the offensive superstar talent we always wanted.

That's why we wanted to tank, drafting huge talent like that.
Well said @KevSkillz4 Slaf is so unique, mixed with his insane work ethic. Combined, we will have a truly unique talent that the rest of the league will be talking about for the next decade. That said, I can’t wait to see the playoff version of Slaf🔥

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad