Player Discussion Arber Xhekaj: The Sheriff

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Saw the replays. X’s hit is almost identical to the one Greig gave. Late, not a headshot but dirty.

As much as I like the way he stood up for his team, this is right on the line. He could’ve seriously injured Stutzle and then it’d be a whole different conversation.

I get what he’s doing and I love it but he’s got to be careful. This could’ve turned out really bad.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Saw the replays. X’s hit is almost identical to the one Greig gave. Late, not a headshot but dirty.

As much as I like the way he stood up for his team, this is right on the line. He could’ve seriously injured Stutzle and then it’d be a whole different conversation.

I get what he’s doing and I love it but he’s got to be careful. This could’ve turned out really bad.
File this under FAFO

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Arber could’ve done that a lot cleaner. While I think they got the call wrong because Stutzle hit himself with the stick, it was still a late hit and the chicken wing didn’t look good. With Arber’s size, he could’ve creamed him with a solid, legal hit. He cannot and I’m sure will not do that in the regular season.

Off topic, what’s up with those specialty teams?? Holy crap they look bad.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I am trying to figure out who are the dumbest people on earth. Leafs fans, sens fans, SN panel, or refs? All of the above is an option too.
SN panel is media, being dumb is a requirement.
Being a fan usually means not thinking clearly so...dumbness is just collateral damage.

Refs shouldn't be dumb thought.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Some people would lose their mind if they re-watched hockey in 1980s and 1990s compared to now... Xhekaj is very useful and he is a cornerstone to the identity we are building which is stop try to make dirty hits on us or face the consequences. If the NHL addresed it on their own you would not need to do that but since they are horrible Xhekaj need to be dressed for every game for exact situation like this.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Off topic, what’s up with those specialty teams?? Holy crap they look bad.
MSL created PP setup on the fly because this line-up never practiced together. A good PP is based on repetitions.

As for the PK, 3 of the 4 goals were on when Mailloux was there looking lost and falling on his ass. Strubled had the most D minute son the PK and zero goals against in comparison. Lets just say Mailloux won't make the NHL this year...

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
Some people would lose their mind if they re-watched hockey in 1980s and 1990s compared to now... Xhekaj is very useful and he is a cornerstone to the identity we are building which is stop try to make dirty hits on us or face the consequences. If the NHL addresed it on their own you would not need to do that but since they are horrible Xhekaj need to be dressed for every game for exact situation like this.
If Arber could ever figure out his defensive zone, he'd be an extremely valuable piece. He has two years to do that.

As a child of the 80s....I love this type of hockey and always will. I applaud what Arber did and will continue to do for this team.

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
A Xhekaj is still very young and seems to be running around when he see’s his top end talent teammates taking cheap shots. He is a player who has an innate belief that protecting his team is part of his game. This player can age very well if he’s coached and developed properly.
I remember being embarrassed watching as there was zero responses from our team when our players were blatantly injured by dirty hits.

Referees in my day seamed to pick up on the “feel” of the game when a call was blown. And look, If the audience can predict retaliation from a living room in the Yukon the refs should be more aware of what happening on the ice in front of them.
Cheers.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
If Arber could ever figure out his defensive zone, he'd be an extremely valuable piece. He has two years to do that.

As a child of the 80s....I love this type of hockey and always will. I applaud what Arber did and will continue to do for this team.
Wolf pack mentality. Remember when Anderson hit Pietrangelo? 5 Golden Knights were on him immediately.
I am not a fan of Tkachuk but he went right after Xhekaj after his hit.
No one went after Greig and no one did a thing right after Paré kneed Laine. Anderson was right there and did absolutely nothing. Xhekaj is not the problem on this team, it's the lack of guys who will step up when it has to be dealt with immediately.

Last edited:

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
If you suspend a guy 15 games for Greig's hit, players won't think twice before doing just that hit, they'll think twice before doing ANY hit. That's the problem. The game's so fast and there's so many factors that even a hit that was meant to be clean can turn out wrong

What if a 6'4 guy accidentally hits a smaller player in the head if he leans down at the last second? He was aiming chest the whole time, he leans just at the last second, and bam. Is it automatically 25 games or is there nuance to the fact that it happened? Or is it "by the book dirty hit you lose 25% of your salary now bucko"

No one would ever want to hit again. It would destroy the sport as we know it.

Well i agree.

There is too much of a grey zone here to draw a definitive line.

Tho, the league could certainly do a better job at this.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
A Xhekaj is still very young and seems to be running around when he see’s his top end talent teammates taking cheap shots. He is a player who has an innate belief that protecting his team is part of his game. This player can age very well if he’s coached and developed properly.
I remember being embarrassed watching as there was zero responses from our team when our players were blatantly injured by dirty hits.

Referees in my day seamed to pick up on the “feel” of the game when a call was blown. And look, If the audience can predict retaliation from a living room in the Yukon the refs should be more aware of what happening on the ice in front of them.
Cheers.
He’s a very protective guy.
After the Laine hit he was seeing red. He didn’t need a tap on the shoulder from his coach.
Last night, you know he was looking for payback.

It’s no surprise they didn’t put him and Florian in the same game.

Reactions: BJCOLLINS

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas

Cheers.
So true

Reactions: BJCOLLINS

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Wolf pack mentality. Remember when Anderson hit Pietrangelo? 5 Golden Knights were on him immediately.
No one went after Greig and no one did a thing right after Paré kneed Laine. Anderson was right there and did absolutely nothing. Xhekaj is not the problem on this team, it's the lack guys who will step up when it has to be dealt with immediately.

Disagree.

The retaliation don't have to come in the immediate.

Greig paid a hefty price for his hit yesterday although not immediately.

Struble got out of his way to bang him. Then Xhekaj aimed Stutzle and Dach fighted him.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Disagree.

The retaliation don't have to come in the immediate.

Greig paid a hefty price for his hit yesterday although not immediately.

Struble got out of his way to bang him. Then Xhekaj aimed Stutzle and Dach fighted him.
Disagree all you want....

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
No one went after Greig and no one did a thing right after Paré kneed Laine. Anderson was right there and did absolutely nothing. Xhekaj is not the problem on this team, it's the lack guys who will step up when it has to be dealt with immediately.
If you aren't team tough you won't advance. On our run a couple years back, everybody bought in and fought for each other. It was beautiful to watch. We'll get there as we move forward with this crew as certain pieces move on. I know people hate Brady but I'd take him on my team every day of the week.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
If you aren't team tough you won't advance. On our run a couple years back, everybody bought in and fought for each other. It was beautiful to watch. We'll get there as we move forward with this crew as certain pieces move on. I know people hate Brady but I'd take him on my team every day of the week.
I wanted him at the draft because I know of the genes he comes from. His dad was the epitome of what a power forward is.
People balked because Brady scored 8 goals as a freshman....imagine having him on our team about now?

He’s a very protective guy.
After the Laine hit he was seeing red. He didn’t need a tap on the shoulder from his coach.
Last night, you know he was looking for payback.

It’s no surprise they didn’t put him and Florian in the same game.
You know what else won't surprise me? If Hughes trades him. I hope not but he needs to improve his overall game.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Let's take a moment to express our gratitude to Arber Xhekaj for stepping up and defending the team. Also to show our appreciation for Marc Bergevin, who signed him before leaving, another proof that he left the franchise in good shape to his successor. Shrewd!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad