OT: The Semi-Annual, Taste Optional Music Thread: Post Your Mid-Winter Blues Music

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Most drummers would credit Low Rider or Don’t Fear the Reaper as their inspiration for purchasing a cowbell for their drum set - mine was “Little Sister” by them.

When I (by which I mean my parents) got my first kit as a teen they threw in a mounted cowbell just so they didn't have to detach it. In my case it was playing along with Mississippi Queen.

It's defnitely a typical classic rock radio overplay but I don't care...that riff is still aces.

Reactions: Factorial and Trade

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
When I (by which I mean my parents) got my first kit as a teen they threw in a mounted cowbell just so they didn't have to detach it. In my case it was playing along with Mississippi Queen.

It's defnitely a typical classic rock radio overplay but I don't care...that riff is still aces.
That one and Honky Tonk Women by the Stones are also classic choices.

Reactions: Deport Ogie

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019

I always like the cowbell strikes in Black Sabbath's "The Wizard."

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Also partial to the groove in this guy:

Tull had two entries on the "awesome drummers no one talks about" list with both Clive Bunker and Barriemore Barlow being pretty beastly.

Reactions: Trade

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia

One of my favorite 2023 debuts, probably a top 10 album of the year for me. I love Blackwater Park era Opeth and I love Red era King Crimson but I would not suspect stuffing the two of them together would work so well.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
It pains me to report that Jerry's Records has like 30 Foghat and Black Oak Arkansas LPs for sale and not a single good James Brown album.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
To be fair to Jerry's for a second though, I picked up some rad records that they didn't overcharge for, including an original pressing of the Cynics' Twelve Flights Up which is in great condition.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Our wingers seem okay to me but perhaps not good enough to offset any significant decline of our centers.

Bunting is a 20 goal guy, Rust 25-30. Rakell just needs to have a partial bounceback season and he’ll be good for 20. DOC in the top 6 for every game, I think, should come close to 20. And if not Beauvillir had 18 a year ago.

Some combination of whatever’s left should be able to gel into a competent 3rd line that can also pot 40, at ES, as a group.

One thing we seem to have a lot of is net-front guys now which, you’d think, would have a trickle-down effect on scoring even to the D.

• Love
Reactions: BigEezyE22

Syrinx

Jul 7, 2005
Cary, NC
Our wingers seem okay to me but perhaps not good enough to offset any significant decline of our centers.

Bunting is a 20 goal guy, Rust 25-30. Rakell just needs to have a partial bounceback season and he’ll be good for 20. DOC in the top 6 for every game, I think, should come close to 20. And if not Beauvillir had 18 a year ago.

Some combination of whatever’s left should be able to gel into a competent 3rd line that can also pot 40, at ES, as a group.

One thing we seem to have a lot of is net-front guys now which, you’d think, would have a trickle-down effect on scoring even to the D.
What album is that on? Is there a youtube?

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Last time I was there I got a UGK single lol.

Still slaps, even if it's the clean version.

Oh for sure, but I'm not sure Bunting's going to break the second album curse, or even drop a noteworthy non-album single.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad