OT: Movie Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
The Union, on Netflix with M. Walberg and Hally Berry. Nothing great, little cheesy but watchable. Popcorn movie, but in my case chips and dill peanuts.

Babajingo

Should have won like 12 Oscars and especially Robert Shaw for his portrayal of Quint . The guy got robbed.
Totally Agree. Including Best Picture. Although it competed with One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest and Dog Day Afternoon. Still.

just watched it last night, found it an absolute blast, one of those films that aren`t trying to re-invent the wheel

Casey was good in it. Damon plays a good straight man.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
just watched it last night, found it an absolute blast, one of those films that aren`t trying to re-invent the wheel

Saw it over the weekend. Enjoyable, if only for the sights and sounds of my old haunts. The fact they blew up Malachy's Saloon was a bonus. Spent many a night in that old dive.

Last edited:
Reactions: sooshii and ODAAT

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
I like it.
1724625242164.jpeg

Reactions: sooshii

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
We just watched a very quirky comedy - Brian and Charles (on Netflix). Brian is played by David Earl who has been in a few series with Ricky Gervais. We found it to be funny and endearing, definitely different. I think people will either love it or hate it. We loved it.

Raleighfern

Apr 7, 2017
Serpico is free on Prime. Watched it last night. Still a great movie. I believe the theater i saw this in when it was released was at the old burlington mall.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
75 and still fine. My favorite actress

Great call. She’s all time. One of the great screen presences. Nothing but adoration for her.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Was watching some of the 1966 auto racing masterpiece Grand Prix on my laptop. What a fantastic film. Love the cinematography they had while filming these 1960s F1 races. Unbelievably masterful.

Reactions: Raleighfern

Raleighfern

Apr 7, 2017
Was watching some of the 1966 auto racing masterpiece Grand Prix on my laptop. What a fantastic film. Love the cinematography they had while filming these 1960s F1 races. Unbelievably masterful.
i am interested in that. do you have a link or streaming source for it?

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Very much looking forward to "Beetlejuice Beetlejuice." I'm a fan of the original, Michael Keaton, and the very bright, very self-possessed and very lovely Jenna Ortega (please don't cancel me; apology tour on the way),

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad