The Roster Thread, Summer 2024

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
1200 minutes of Power-Samuelsson? Moneypuck has them 228.3 minutes combined over three years. The better pair - which I can go quote my posts from over a year ago - is that pairing because it covers for each players' weaknesses with Power's issues in defending around the net being something Samuelsson handles well but that was based on under 115 minutes two years back.
Samuelsson's game seems to land him on IR more than one would want. I wonder if someone could help him evolve that physicality without losing his effectiveness.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
didn't blocked shots cause his longest absences?

Shoulder issue on a hit and the sprained ankle on an awkward fall were two of the longer ones, as was broken foot and hand stuff from shot blocks.

People were pushing for Tanev as a possible option on defense and his game is annually the same sort of thing due to his style of play.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
From The Charging Buffalo @thechargingbuf

SmartSelect_20240712_214330_Instagram.jpg

SmartSelect_20240712_214337_Instagram.jpg

SmartSelect_20240712_214343_Instagram.jpg

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Joe Marino pointed out something people don't want to accept: To get a top 6 forward you better be prepared to part with guys like Peterka, Quinn or Benson because teams don't trade legit top 6 forwards for a few prospects and picks. If you expect Adams to acquire a top 6 forward you need to realize that it's roughly as likely and realistic as Adams negotiating everlasting peace in the Middle East, it's impossible without giving up guys we can't afford to give up.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Joe Marino pointed out something people don't want to accept: To get a top 6 forward you better be prepared to part with guys like Peterka, Quinn or Benson because teams don't trade legit top 6 forwards for a few prospects and picks. If you expect Adams to acquire a top 6 forward you need to realize that it's roughly as likely and realistic as Adams negotiating everlasting peace in the Middle East, it's impossible without giving up guys we can't afford to give up.

Let's be honest - the only way those guys are moving is in a blockbuster.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
What!? Insane. Clearly every team wants 2 players everyone has given up on and a draft pick for their stars.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
I really feel like the Sabres need to make a trade or two to finish the roster.

I also am starting to feel like NHL front offices are going on vacation to the lake house and we aren't going to see much activity until right before training camp.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Reinhart went for less than 7OA and a prospect.
Which happened entirely due to a generationally horrible and incompetent organization (us) screwing up so bad they had to trade Sam for such a pitiful return. If you can come up with an organization that has f'd up that bad and has to give away a top 6 forward for such a pitiful return please call Kevyn and let him know.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Which happened entirely due to a generationally horrible and incompetent organization (us) screwing up so bad they had to trade Sam for such a pitiful return. If you can come up with an organization that has f'd up that bad and has to give away a top 6 forward for such a pitiful return please call Kevyn and let him know.
Past example: Buchnevich for Blais and a 2nd

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Imagine using Joe Marino to prove your point? Dude only posts negative shit as bait to get interactions.

not only that but just an all around bad mind for the game.

• Love

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
You could hear Petey's boner growing as they were talking about it. :laugh:

I do agree somewhat with their reasoning for wanting him. But the proposal was just laughable. To the point i think it was that bad just to get a reaction.
They were taping in front of a live audience. Peters likes to perform and entertain. You could tell when he mentioned Power that it was similar to when he proposed to a Toronto radio station a few years ago that Matthews should be traded. He likes getting a reaction.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Imagine using Joe Marino to prove your point? Dude only posts negative shit as bait to get interactions.

not only that but just an all around bad mind for the game.
OK, please point to realistic top 6 forwards whom you believe Adams can aquire without giving up one of the 4 guys mentioned? Who can he get for a first and a prospect? And frankly I have no opinion on Joe Marino, that tweet just ended up on my timeline and it's spot on. If someone says 99 dumb things and one smart thing that one smart thing is still smart.

Ad

Ad

Ad