The Roster Thread, Summer 2024

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Right now they have 11 signed. They can acquire one without trading a roster player.

Iaffalo is a UFA next summer and would resign here at a discount. Even if they dont acquire him, he can br signrd next summer for 4th line replacing NAK.

I said it on page 1 of Malenstyn thread.

people complain he does nothing. Hr makes as trade they complete as in on the value and jim being a stupid gm.

Since 2020 draft..22 and younger...

Peterka-helenius-Quinn
Benson-Ostlund-Rosen
Wahlberg-Kulich-Poltapov
Kisakov- costantini-neuchev
Ziemer' xxx- Tullio
There are others...

I actually like the look of that top 9 lol

CrazyWayne

Dec 15, 2018
I'm okay trading Greenway in a package for a top 6 winger.
I don't think Greenway would be the guy traded

I think ideally Greenway is on the fourth line with NAK as 13

For top six in my opinion you're looking at Krebs and the glut of prospects in the ahl nearly ready for the NHL

Reactions: jc17

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
It looks like we have our starting 18 then.

Peterka - Thompson - Tuch
Zucker - Cozens - Quinn
Benson - McLeod - Greenway
Malenstyn-Lafferty-NAK

Byram-Dahlin
Power-Samuelsson
Joker-Clifton

For the first time in a long time it looks like some direction and planning.
I really believe Ruff had a big impact on the players added. I'm so glad they hired him even if he does have his warts a coach. Seems like he righted the ship in a way.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
The bottom 6 is a beaut now. A great blend of speed, skill, two-way play, and nasitiness. They got guys who can move up the LU in a pinch, too. I'm also intrigued about Benson, Beck, and McLeod. I feel like they may have another level to their game. Benson obviously isn't anywhere close to his peak.

It's going to relieve a lot of pressure on top-6. They (top-6) still need to step the F up, though.

PatLaFontaineASMR

Jul 9, 2014
Parts Unkown
Looking at the lineup

Peterka-Tage-Tuch
Zucker-Cozens-Quinn
Benson-McLeod-Greenway
Malenstyn-Lafferty-NAK

Greenway is certainly the odd man out. Doesn't seem like a good fit with Benson/McLeod. That 3rd line could use a more offensive winger. I know Vancouver was interested in Greenway. Maybe a Greenway for Garland trade.

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
Looking at the lineup

Peterka-Tage-Tuch
Zucker-Cozens-Quinn
Benson-McLeod-Greenway
Malenstyn-Lafferty-NAK

Greenway is certainly the odd man out. Doesn't seem like a good fit with Benson/McLeod. That 3rd line could use a more offensive winger. I know Vancouver was interested in Greenway. Maybe a Greenway for Garland trade.

I could see Benson potentially displacing Zucker in the top 6. His stats last year were similar to Peterkas his rookie season, except he was better defensively. If he takes the next step in year 2 like Peterka did I see no reason for him to be on the 3rd line again.

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
It looks like we have our starting 18 then.

Peterka - Thompson - Tuch
Zucker - Cozens - Quinn
Benson - McLeod - Greenway
Malenstyn-Lafferty-NAK

Byram-Dahlin
Power-Samuelsson
Joker-Clifton

For the first time in a long time it looks like some direction and planning.
I’m hoping Benson is up with Cozens and Quinn and Zucker-McLeod-Greenway can do something. Anything.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Well, I'm not holding out much hope that Adams will add a top 6 forward, although Greenway seems like a bit of an odd guy out here considering he's not as fast as the others.

Now I understand what they wanted to add Necas - speed.

Last edited:
Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Adams is probably done. I would love for him to get a legit top 6 forward, but with the Zucker signing and McLeod trade, it seems unlikely. But the main thing is he got a 3C. I think that was the biggest hole in the lineup and it was important to fill it.

I would also be more confident in our defense if we could get a player like Pesce or Roy to UFA, but apparently they are happy with this defense, I hope it works out.

Krebs, if he wants to make the roster, he will have to earn it.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
We will be somewhere between 81.5 and 83 million after we sign the RFAs. So 5 to 6.5 million under the cap. Gives us a lot of options and possibilities at the trade deadline.

RFA watch next season -
Peterka, Quinn, McLeod, Byram, RyJo, Levi

Looking to next years roster lol, Kulich replaces Zucker, and maybe Greenway and Aube-Kubel come back...or not. Wahlberg could maybe take one of those spots. Ostlund and Helenius both in Rochester in 25-26 if all three of Krebs/McLeod/Lafferty return. If Byram comes back, RyJo is the cheap replacement for Joker.

Edit to add, Rosen is absolutely in the mix for 3RW next season. Easy to forget about him for some reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: HOOats

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
We will be somewhere between 81.5 and 83 million after we sign the RFAs. So 5 to 6.5 million under the cap. Gives us a lot of options and possibilities at the trade deadline.

RFA watch next season -
Peterka, Quinn, McLeod, Byram, RyJo, Levi

Looking to next years roster lol, Kulich replaces Zucker, and maybe Greenway and Aube-Kubel come back...or not. Wahlberg could maybe take one of those spots. Ostlund and Helenius both in Rochester in 25-26 if all three of Krebs/McLeod/Lafferty return. If Byram comes back, RyJo is the cheap replacement for Joker.
And UFA after next season:

Zucker (5M)
Greenway (3M)
NAK (1.5M)
Jokiharju (3.1M)
Bryson (900K)
Gilbert (825K)
Reimer (1M)

That's a little over 15 million available. The cap will probably go up as well. I think Adams could add top 6 F or top 4 RD. Although I don't think he will do it.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Sam Ventura won’t rest until we get the 99th percentile guy.
IMG_9006.png

Sam Ventura to Kevyn Adams:

DO IT!!!!!!

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
That's a little over 15 million available. The cap will probably go up as well. I think Adams could add top 6 F or top 4 RD. Although I don't think he will do it.

I think Clifton is the last "significant" UFA contract we are adding as long as Adams is the GM. Maybe another one year Zucker type deal for an RHD next offseason...except that's a premium position.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
View attachment 892797
Sam Ventura to Kevyn Adams:

DO IT!!!!!!
LOL, it was Necas

I think Clifton is the last "significant" UFA contract we are adding as long as Adams is the GM. Maybe another one year Zucker type deal for an RHD next offseason...except that's a premium position.
I think they could even trade Jokiharju+ for another RD this summer, but apparently they want to see how Joki will look with Ruff.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I would tend to agree, but wasn't there rumor that Adams was interested in signing Stamkos?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad