The Roster Thread, Summer 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
We *cannot* start the season with Krebs at 3C.

Here are all UFA centers, 35 and under, with 40+ games played last season. Pick your poison and price.

1719781939277.png

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Whats the QO salary ?
QUALIFYING OFFER CALCULATOR
- A $971,250 qualifying offer is required to retain the RFA rights of Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen. The qualifying offer is equal to 105% of the previous contracts final season base salary because the salary was greater than $600,000 and less than $1,000,000.

- A $874,125 qualifying offer is required to retain the RFA rights of Peyton Krebs. The qualifying offer must be a one-way contract since Krebs met both the games played and waivers requirements. The qualifying offer is equal to 105% of the previous contracts final season base salary because the salary was greater than $600,000 and less than $1,000,000.

- A $813,750 qualifying offer is required to retain the RFA rights of Beck Malenstyn. A two-way qualifying offer is permitted since Malenstyn has not met both the games played and waivers requirements. The qualifying offer is equal to 105% of the previous contracts final season base salary because the salary was greater than $600,000 and less than $1,000,000.

- A $2,600,000 qualifying offer is required to retain the RFA rights of Henri Jokiharju. The qualifying offer must be a one-way contract since Jokiharju met both the games played and waivers requirements. The qualifying offer is equal to 100% of the previous contracts final season base salary because the salary was $1,000,000 or greater.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
QUALIFYING OFFER CALCULATOR
- A $971,250 qualifying offer is required to retain the RFA rights of Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen. The qualifying offer is equal to 105% of the previous contracts final season base salary because the salary was greater than $600,000 and less than $1,000,000.

- A $874,125 qualifying offer is required to retain the RFA rights of Peyton Krebs. The qualifying offer must be a one-way contract since Krebs met both the games played and waivers requirements. The qualifying offer is equal to 105% of the previous contracts final season base salary because the salary was greater than $600,000 and less than $1,000,000.

- A $813,750 qualifying offer is required to retain the RFA rights of Beck Malenstyn. A two-way qualifying offer is permitted since Malenstyn has not met both the games played and waivers requirements. The qualifying offer is equal to 105% of the previous contracts final season base salary because the salary was greater than $600,000 and less than $1,000,000.

- A $2,600,000 qualifying offer is required to retain the RFA rights of Henri Jokiharju. The qualifying offer must be a one-way contract since Jokiharju met both the games played and waivers requirements. The qualifying offer is equal to 100% of the previous contracts final season base salary because the salary was $1,000,000 or greater.
I'd easily qualify Joker his rights still hold value and if we can't find a trade or FA that isn't an upgrade on top 4rhd jokiharu is better than nothing as we want a more bruising prominent shutdown guy but when he is on he is quietly effective

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
We *cannot* start the season with Krebs at 3C.

Here are all UFA centers, 35 and under, with 40+ games played last season. Pick your poison and price.

View attachment 890144
They are clearly letting the rookies battle it out for a spot to make the team. And of all of the bad things Adams has done, that’s one thing I agree with. Time to give these kids a shot.

TheBarnIsElectric

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2010
Admittedly I don't know much about Pinto so I am looking for clarifiction here, but what has he done to be worth us paying him 6.7m and losing an unprotected 1st?
He's a good young, 2 way center with size and upside. Would be a perfect fit and we can afford the slight overpay, which you'd need to do to have any chance of Ottawa not matching. They probably match anyway.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
He's a good young, 2 way center with size and upside. Would be a perfect fit and we can afford the slight overpay, which you'd need to do to have any chance of Ottawa not matching. They probably match anyway.
EH has him at 2 x $3M.

Paying a guy that much who has not earned it would only drive up the price of our own guys like Peterka and Quinn.

Reactions: BUCKSHOT

TheBarnIsElectric

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2010
EH has him at 2 x $3M.

Paying a guy that much who has not earned it would only drive up the price of our own guys like Peterka and Quinn.
Maybe, but then that's why it's good to have 10 1st round forward prospects ready to step in after we trade Peterka for a haul. We'd figure it out.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
This year's draft plus the Malenstyn trade has been a sharp philosophy change in roster building by Adams. He drafted and traded for areas of need, defensive acumen and how they project to become useful in specific roles, rather than just drafting and acquiring players based on skill and maximizing value regardless of how they would fit on the team.

Ideally there'd be a mix of both strategies but this seems like a necessary change at this time.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
This year's draft plus the Malenstyn trade has been a sharp philosophy change in roster building by Adams. He drafted and traded for areas of need, defensive acumen and how they project to become useful in specific roles, rather than just drafting and acquiring players based on skill and maximizing value regardless of how they would fit on the team.

Ideally there'd be a mix of both strategies but this seems like a necessary change at this time.
Reading way too much into such a limited set amount of moves. If there's an actual strategic plan in place, then we should see that in how he shores up the 3C on the team and fills the 4th Line. Until then, he still could be in the get players without a cohesive plan in place mindset.

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
Going to speak some stuff into existence:

Trenin 3x3.5
Kane 2x6
Offersheet Pinto 4x6.7

Come'on Kev.
I would be ok with over paying Trenin because that's what it will probably take and I think their is still some upside there.

No thanks on Kane

Offer sheeting anyone would be a huge step for this GM. It would show some balls I don't believe he possesses. Pinto is a risk but one I'm ok with

Reactions: Deep Blue Metallic

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Reading way too much into such a limited set amount of moves. If there's an actual strategic plan in place, then we should see that in how he shores up the 3C on the team and fills the 4th Line. Until then, he still could be in the get players without a cohesive plan in place mindset.

I suppose the attempt at Necas was reversal back in the opposite direction if the level of interest was to be believed.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I suppose the attempt at Necas was reversal back in the opposite direction if the level of interest was to be believed.
Still doesn't point to any change. Years prior, if you were to believe the same sources, and accepted the rumors, Adams has been trying to get an assortment of players to shore up positions but couldn't close the deal. It's the results based that matters at the end of the day.

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
Has anybody thrown a list together of defensive minded vet centers not on anchor contracts and are semi-realistic trade targets? Not hopeful of getting anybody in free agency, and we need one more than anything. I’m not as knowledgeable as I once was but I’m scanning right now.

Colton Sissons
Nick Bjugstad
Colin Blackwell
Ross Colton
Radek Faksa
Mason Appleton

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 8
    Staked: $30,350.00