The Roster Thread, Summer 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Marino and a 5th just went for 2x 2nds. We’ve needed a top 4rd for all 5 years of Kevyn’s tenure and he doesn’t beat that?

He trades a 2nd for a 4th line winger?

Are you kidding me?
You weren’t paying attention if you thought they would be trying to acquire Marino. They feel they've rounded out the top 4 with Byram. I’m skeptical thats the case. But it doesn’t matter what I think or anyone else. They didn’t come into this offseason looking to add someone like Marino.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
There is the possibility that the real teams add and need to move cap after a UFA acquisition. There may be an opportunity there.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013

Alexander Holtz and Akira Schmid for Paul Cotter and 2025 3rd round pick​

New Jersey seems to be giving up on Schmid, he was incredibly mid so he lived up to part of his name so far but I thought at one point they were thinking he would be a top 10 goalie but I think Vegas won here with getting Holtz.

Still, teams are constantly making moves to improve. One 4th liner from Washington is hardly enough Adams.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I don't even know what we do now.

Not much confidence
I wouldn’t get too bummed out. Many seemed to have anticipated a bunch of big moves for some reason.

Most of what Adams talked about targeting are smaller moves; 4C, bottom 6 forwards and depth dmen which would be #7-10. I’ve heard the talk about top 6 winger but that would be the only “big” type of move. There are options still out there for most of the types of moves he plans to make.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I wouldn’t get too bummed out. Many seemed to have anticipated a bunch of big moves for some reason.

Most of what Adams talked about targeting are smaller moves; 4C, bottom 6 forwards and depth dmen which would be #7-10. Ive hazard the talk about top 6 winger but that would be the only “big” type of move.

The GM literally said its time to start winning games and said he'd be aggressive in improving the team.

He set the expectations.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Any thoughts on Kiefer Sherwood to fill a bottom 6 spot?

9th in the league in hits/60 (500 minutes or more)
1.96 points/60
Positive WAR/GAR past 3 years

UFA
Why not, as physical as Malenstyn, he scored almost 30 points for the Preds. Makes sense.

Reactions: Chainshot

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
The GM literally said its time to start winning games and said he'd be aggressive in improving the team.

He set the expectations.
And in the same breath (more or less) he said that his focus was on the bottom 6, becoming harder to play against and heavier defensive depth.

He never once mentioned anything about a top 6 forward.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
And in the same breath (more or less) he said that his focus was on the bottom 6, becoming harder to play against and heavier defensive depth.

He said it in TDL. They just wanted to add Ehlers or Necas. I think it's obvious.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
You weren’t paying attention if you thought they would be trying to acquire Marino. They feel they've rounded out the top 4 with Byram. I’m skeptical thats the case. But it doesn’t matter what I think or anyone else. They didn’t come into this offseason looking to add someone like Marino.
And for the 5th straight year it's a mistake.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
I wanted to come in with my pitchfork over Kevin Hayes and a 2nd rounder for FC but he's got a 12 team NTC.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse

I think a middle six legit scorer is an obvious want with some of the players we have been linked. Whether they play on the second or third line is semantics, but that’s probably their highest-end need/want. Otherwise, I think it’s the bottom half of their lineup

Reactions: Fjordy

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
I think a middle six legit scorer is an obvious want with some of the players we have been linked. Whether they play on the second or third line is semantics, but that’s probably their highest-end need/want. Otherwise, I think it’s the bottom half of their lineup
I am not convinced they will if Skinner isn't bought out. It feels a bit like they tried to get some guys like Necas and Ehlers, but failed, so they will stick with Skinner instead.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

CrazyWayne

Dec 15, 2018
Tafoli and wennberg would be two of my top targets for free agency

Or any middle six winger that has a history of scoring/performing and any middle six center that has played a defensive role on a winning team

Add one more fourth liner (could be grigs) and I think the team would look headed in the right direction

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I am not convinced they will if Skinner isn't bought out. It feels a bit like they tried to get some guys like Necas and Ehlers, but failed, so they will stick with Skinner instead.
After everything Adams said it was terrible, it seems he was angry that Jeff did not give up his NMC.. Kevyn is painting himself into a corner.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Being aggressive often means overpaying, yes.

Swapping out 4th liners isn't really improving though is it?

Aggressively IMPROVING our team.

We added a Girgensons equivalent. Something, I will add, we could have done at zero asset cost on Monday.

The idea that this team today is better than the team was at the end of the season just isn't accurate.

He's aggressively kept the status quo.

I think its fair to wait until the 4th of July to grade the offseason moves in totality, but as of now, he's done essentially jack squat in what is a make or break offseason for him.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
He can also play in top 6, I would like Teravainen.

I think it's not very good and not quite what we need.
And he only costs $3.57m aav for 2 more years. +118 in face offs as well. Hard to beat that for a bottom 6 center for the next 2 years.
1719688272408.png

Reactions: Fjordy

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
So right now, the forwards looks like (mix and match lines combos as desired):

Peterka-Thompson-Tuch
Quinn-Cozens-Benson
Skinner-Krebs-Greenway
Malenstyn-XXX-Rousek

Still to happen:

Skinner--Probably bought out. Replace his spot with open competition of Rosen/Kulich/Savoie
XXX--Bottom 6 center, can either be 4C or push Krebs down

One more 4th liner, will compete with Rousek for 12th forward. If two of Rosen/Kulich/Savoie earn sports, then the add and Rousek will be 13/14th F. Rousek is now waivers required AND on a 1-way contract, so I expect he will be up the whole year.

I don't expect any changes beyond that though.

Reactions: BFLO

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
So right now, the forwards looks like (mix and match lines combos as desired):

Peterka-Thompson-Tuch
Quinn-Cozens-Benson
Skinner-Krebs-Greenway
Malenstyn-XXX-Rousek

Still to happen:

Skinner--Probably bought out. Replace his spot with open competition of Rosen/Kulich/Savoie
XXX--Bottom 6 center, can either be 4C or push Krebs down

One more 4th liner, will compete with Rousek for 12th forward. If two of Rosen/Kulich/Savoie earn sports, then the add and Rousek will be 13/14th F. Rousek is now waivers required AND on a 1-way contract, so I expect he will be up the whole year.

I don't expect any changes beyond that though.
This team will not make the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad