The Roster Thread, Summer 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Grinder44

Jun 6, 2006
Los Angeles
It's underrated how under the radar Mangiapane is that I honestly don't believe you or others actually know of those players and are going off some misguided hearsay.
I like Magniapane a lot as a player. But he's another smallish, skilled winger. The Sabres and Amerks rosters are flush with those already. I'd prefer they save their trade chips for a center or power foward. So it's really about fit.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Marino and a 5th just went for 2x 2nds. We’ve needed a top 4rd for all 5 years of Kevyn’s tenure and he doesn’t beat that?

He trades a 2nd for a 4th line winger?

Are you kidding me?
I dont mind the trade at all, but I am peeved about missing out on Marino. That would've secured our top-4 for the foreseeable future, but now we're likely, once again, hoping Joki or someone else can snag a top-4 spot.

The only silver lining is Granato's system was tough on our defense, so maybe Ruff's system will make it work.

But yeah, it sucks, and I'm about 95% sure theyre happy with the defense. If theyre happy with Krebs as a top-9 C as well, then I'll really be peeved.

Reactions: Fjordy

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
This team will not make the playoffs.
Funny what a year will do. Last year people were talking differently.

But no it won’t. We need some solid NHL moves. Adams doesn’t want to trade his prospects. It’s really early. I trust Ruff to get what he thinks he needs.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Not remotely close. This is a .500 team if it stays healthy, CURRENTLY.

Doesn't help that Ottawa added Ullmark and NJ added Markstrom.

It's going to be a slugfest to get into the top 8 this year.
Yeah, that's problem. When you're planning a roster for a new season, you have to take all the risks into account, especially if your team is inconsistent and hasn't made the playoffs in years. Why should we be confident that Thompson and Cozens will play 82 games and both be good? And if one of them gets hurt, who's our top 6C? Krebs? But he hasn't even proven that he can be an average 3C. And there are a lot of little things like that in the roster. Youth (inconsistency). Obviously, you can't plan for everything, but you can hedge your bets by adding proven guys to the roster and improving the depth everywhere.

Any rumors of players ?
Nope

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I wonder if they're looking at Alex Wennberg as a 3C that can play up the lineup, defensively responsible, won't break the bank or require a long-term deal.

Reactions: CrazyWayne

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Other than Florida, there isn't a team who is significantly threatened with an offersheet.

Mabye Kevyn is feeling salty about dealing with Carolina and wants to offersheet Necas.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Let’s make a forward lineup of what we have today:

Peterka-Thompson-tuch
Benson-Cozens-quinn
Savoie-Krebs-greenway
Malenstyn-ummmmm-Rousek

So yea, middle six winger, third line center, 4th line center, 4th line winger

Reactions: Sabresbyswords104