TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
1719436485839.png

Sabresbyswords104

Dec 7, 2019

Canes "pretty close" to a structure with a 2024 1st round pick for Necas; Buffalo has "very serious interest"​

necas and zegras + some 3-4 th line players . What you guys think ?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Necas is nothing like Skinner. Skinner is a better goal scorer, stronger on his skates and better in tight spaces. Necas is more free wheeling, a better playmaker at speed and has elite speed and he can make plays at speed. He’s a one man entry on the PP.

Necas never dogged it coming back. He tries on D, but as a winger, sometimes makes the wrong read or takes the wrong angle.

His biggest flaw IMO, is that at times, he tries to do too much and gets himself into trouble and he hasn’t really gone into the dirty areas. Given who his linemates were, I can see why.

He’d be best on a line with other guys who have speed and can put the puck in the net.

Unlike Skinner, I was hoping the canes would keep Necas, but that doesn’t seem to be the case. I don’t begrudge him for wanting to move. He was on PP2 and his most common 5v5 linemates were Jack Drury, Michael Bunting and Kotkaniemi. Last year he was on pp1, played a lot with Svech and Aho (as well as Kotkaniemi )

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I'm more confused than torn. You trade Casey, buy out Skinner, and then go after Necas with a $9M extension??
They wanted Byram. Mitts was the cost. They want a different type of bottom six C and they already picked and payed their top 2. His absence does create a need for a skill forward.

Skinner was bad at 32 and isn’t getting better.

Necas isn’t getting paid almost 2 million dollars more than their highest paid forward.

Hope this helped!

Sabresbyswords104

Dec 7, 2019
I think it looked like this probably:

Quinn/Benson - Cozens - Necas

any Other rumors of players sabres are into ? I really think zegras can be a player like Bennett (better) if sabres can trade for him Also. Then get Dowd.

Peterka Thompson Tuch
Benson Cozens Necas
Quinn Zegras Krebs
Girgensons Dowd Greenway

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad