The Roster Thread, Summer 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
In my opinion, if they are going to buy out skinner, now is the time (if they actually plan to use the cap space).

It would create $7.5M in cap space this season, $5M next season and $2.5M in season 3. Where as if they wait to buy him out next year it would create $5M and $3M in cap space. They’d miss out on the biggest cap benefit (which would be the $7.5M this season) for little long term gain over buying him out now.

So the way I see it is now’s the time. Not only does it create cap space + a roster spot, it sends a loud & clear message to the players on what will/wont be tolerated.

Ideally they’d trade skinner with retention but I don’t see that happening with his full NMC.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
That isn't what you said dude lol. You said people were crazy for saying that Friedman and Adams don't have a perfectly fine working relationship.

They don't. Friedman has said multiple times the information didn't come from Buffalo or Skinner's agent.
Why did you advise people to be wary of anything he says if you knew he could get info from other sources?

And I never said they had a "perfectly fine" relationship -- I simply refuted your reporting to everyone that they had an "icy relationship," which is 100% false.

Your "proof" was that Adams had to put out a statement saying he wasn't trading Tuch when EF reported that teams were asking about him. You inferred that Adams feelings were hurt and that he held it against Friedmann without zero proof of this. You really should get proof before your report on relationships between people who you don't know, and have no insight into.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Doesn't sound like Krebs is going anywhere, I hope it's not part of that deal and more actual belief in upside if there is any.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
They are being cheap if they save $7M in cash out the door and they don't use the added cap space to improve the team on the ice.
Irrelevant to the point. Having 2.4 or 6.4 or whatever cap hit from a skinner buy out does not mean the team saves 2.4 or 6.4 on those years because they can't spend to the cap. The money was already spent. Everything else about the cap space or how it is used is irrelevant. I am and was commenting solely on the fact that it was presented as taking a 6.4 cap hit from buying out skinner is evidence of a cheap owner because somehow it means we save money since we have effectively lowered our cap that year by 6.4 mil. That is not true, because they money will have been spent.

You can comment all you want on how the future cap will or won't be used but the fact is that 6.4 cap hit costs the owner 6.4 million. It's not saved money. It's spent money.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Doesn't sound like Krebs is going anywhere, I hope it's not part of that deal and more actual belief in upside if there is any.
You could same the same for Jokiharju. Ruff and Adams have both mentioned him as a key piece this summer, yet most fans seem to think he's halfway out the door. It will be interesting to see what happens there. Both players are still developing.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Why did you advise people to be wary of anything he says if you knew he could get info from other sources?

And I never said they had a "perfectly fine" relationship -- I simply refuted your reporting to everyone that they had an "icy relationship," which is 100% false.

Your "proof" was that Adams had to put out a statement saying he wasn't trading Tuch when EF reported that teams were asking about him. You inferred that Adams feelings were hurt and that he held it against Friedmann without zero proof of this. You really should get proof before your report on relationships between people who you don't know, and have no insight into.
whatever you say brother

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
There are three main reasons to buy out Skinner:

1) You don't see a spot in the top 6 for him and he doesn't play the type of game that they want from a bottom 6 winger
2) They want the cap space to make moves this offseason
3) They want to save on the actual cash spend this upcoming season perhaps due to the expenses they have taken on for the KBC maintenance

If they buy out Skinner and they enter the season $8M+ below the cap, it will just be about #1 & #3.
If they buyout Skinner and spend to the cap where is the money for Quinn, Peterka, Byram extensions coming from?

The cap increase will be eaten by less savings on the Skinner buyout.

So they would have to sign some 1 year contracts now?

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
If they buyout Skinner and spend to the cap where is the money for Quinn, Peterka, Byram extensions coming from?

The cap increase will be eaten by less savings on the Skinner buyout.

So they would have to sign some 1 year contracts now?
I noticed that there are many interesting players to trade who have one year left until UFA. I think it makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad