Speculation: The Remaining UFA's

GRob83

Feb 3, 2010
It's crazy to think that Daniel Sprong played more games with Washington than any other team he's been on. 5 teams already and looking for a 6th team. Yikes.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
JVR is a big forward who scored 40 points last year and consistently recently. Why is he still unsigned ?
Reasons...

1. Money hes asking
2. Play for as contender?
3. Nhl only vs a tweeter?
4. At his age and at $1M per I'd rather go with my high prosprct on an ELC. They need nhl experience.

Reactions: lawrence

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Not many quality NHL defenders left on the UFA market as some of other UFA defenders have signed AHL, KHL, SHL, NL and Czech Extraliga contracts with their new teams for next season.

The leftovers.
RD Shattenkirk - Boston
LD Kylington - Calgary
RD Schultz - Seattle
LD Suter - Dallas < Buyout
RD Boqvist - Columbus < Buyout
LD Scandella - St. Louis
RD DeAngelo - Carolina
RD Addison - San Jose
RD Barrie - Nashville
RD Lindstrom - Anaheim
LD Tinordi - Chicago
LD Goligoski - Minnesota
LD Giordano - Toronto
RD Bortuzzo - NY Islanders
RD Ruhwedel - NY Rangers
LD Staal - Philadelphia
LD Dermott - Utah
LD Zboril - Columbus
LD Renouf - Boston
LD Niemelainen - Edmonton
RD Bjork - Columbus
RD Pysyk - Calgary
LD Mete - Philadelphia
LD Kalynuk - St. Louis
LD Irwin - Vancouver
RD Fedun - Pittsburgh
RD Hunt - Colorado
LD Butcher - Minnesota
LD Bayreuther - Dallas
RD Ladue - NY Islanders
LD Knyzhov - San Jose < Buyout
LD Kniazev - Winnipeg
LD Samorukov - Pittsburgh < Rumored to the KHL
RD Kinnunen - Florida
RD Kampfer - Utah
LD Johansen - Washington
LD Day - Tampa Bay
LD Cicek - Vancouver
LD Norlinder - Montreal
RD Reinke - Seattle
LD McIsaac - Detroit
RD Keeper - Montreal
LD Rosburg - Dallas
LD Ahac - Vegas
LD Millman - Philadelphia
RD Klingberg - Toronto + Hip Surgery
RD Foote - New Jersey < HC Investigation

I think Boqvist gets signed. He might be waiting to decide on best chance

I font think anyone in hockey canads was signed so still UFAs

The others I see getting PTOs
RD-- Shattenkirk. Ruhwrdel
LD-- kylington

Reactions: Maurice of Orange

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Ryan Pinder of the Barn Burner podcast stated today on his show that he was told Kylington was offered a two year deal by the Flames. He obviously turned it down.

• Wow
Reactions: RogerRoger

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Probably age, he's at that point where he could fall off a cliff at any time.

JVR has been plummeting off said cliff since like December of last year. 0 goals and 1 point in his last 20 regular season games and 1 goal in 11 playoff games with steadily declining 4th line usage.

It is definitely helpfully to pay attention to season splits on this veteran guys who aren’t getting signed, folks will find the reasoning there. In many cases, the decline has been clear for some time. How many teams are clamoring to sign a 35 year-old winger whose goal scoring has been his trademark and provides little else who has 1 goal in the last 31 games he has suited up?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
It is definitely helpfully to pay attention to season splits on this veteran guys who aren’t getting signed, folks will find the reasoning there. In many cases, the decline has been clear for some time. How many teams are clamoring to sign a 35 year-old winger whose goal scoring has been his trademark and provides little else who has 1 goal in the last 31 games he has suited up?
Tampa signed Atkinson :laugh:

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
JVR is a big forward who scored 40 points last year and consistently recently. Why is he still unsigned ?

Reminder that it is only early July. We see signings into mid August every year, and then PTO's as September creeps around. Lots of guys will find homes on 1 year prove it deals

Davenport

Dec 4, 2020
Toronto
His 6 powerplay goals are just three behind how many Tage Thompson scored on the powerplay. Sabres should sign him to stand in front of the net on powerplays.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Some random guesses:

Kailer Yamamoto ANA
Max Comtois COL
Robert Bortuzzo CBJ
Tony DeAngelo NYI
Max Pacioretty NYI
John Klingberg CAR
Oliver Kylington UTA
Tyson Barrie SJ
James van Riemsdyk WSH
Ryan Suter DET
Samuel Blais TOR
Tyler Johnson SEA
Justin Schultz TB
Martin Jones TB
Daniel Sprong CGY
Steven Lorentz FLA
Dominik Kubalik COL
Kevin Shattenkirk CBJ

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
I don’t know if it’s a good or bad sign that 9 of these available players are former Canadiens.
I mean, at least 8 of these are former Leafs, and I just took a team about which I had decent awareness of so I didn't have to look on HR or something.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
There's still some NHL quality out there. I'm always surprised by one or two deals that happen in late July or August where a team snags a dirt cheap vet for pennies.

I'm betting someone like JVR ends up a steal.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Ryan Pinder of the Barn Burner podcast stated today on his show that he was told Kylington was offered a two year deal by the Flames. He obviously turned it down.

Was excited about him but now I just see him as a red flag. Guy doesn't play for two years and is turning down offers? I assume a bunch of teams won't touch him. I can't imagine he wants to go the PTO route.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Was excited about him but now I just see him as a red flag. Guy doesn't play for two years and is turning down offers? I assume a bunch of teams won't touch him. I can't imagine he wants to go the PTO route.

People casually forget that in his draft year, he fell to the Flames at the end of the second round because of personal issues.
Tons of rumours of parents/agents overinvolvement and player attitude issues.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
I'm really surprised about Schultz not being signed yet, I also thought Tyler Johnson would have signed 1 year league min to return to Tampa by now

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I mean, at least 8 of these are former Leafs, and I just took a team about which I had decent awareness of so I didn't have to look on HR or something.
Not surprising that between them, neither has won a Cup in over 30 years. A mutuality of failure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad