The Reckoning is upon us

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I am now confused if those previous budget Sens teams had exceptional amounts of character and leadership or if the current Sens team has an exceptional lack of these traits.
I just don’t think they know. These guys are talking about bounces. The coaching staff has allowed a horrible culture to be created.

Wouldn’t surprise me if the players are even aware their coach may be fired

Reactions: LiseL

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
I just don’t think they know. These guys are talking about bounces. The coaching staff has allowed a horrible culture to be created.

Wouldn’t surprise me if the players are even aware their coach may be fired

What's crazy is that Hall, RNH, Yakupov, Eberle, Schultz got so much shit when they are not even as good as our guys but they also didn't have Giroux, Tarasenko, Chyhcrun join the team as veteran stars.

Like imagine if Giroux wasn't a hometown boy and never came here. What does last season and this season look like? When it is already a fail.

Reactions: Burrowsaurus

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
This team needs a complete reset. The organization Ottawa Sens, Belleville Sens need a complete reset. Get an experienced (best in class) coaching staff in here now. Remove the focus on winning the next game in favor of instilling a comprehensive change in philosophy across the board with an emphasis on team defense 1st; transition; then offense. The talent is there and it may curb offense while they adjust but they need a change.

Look at 2016-17 what Boucher was able to do. Now I am not advocating the strictness of Boucher's system but he did turn the team around in the 1st year with an emphasis on team defense. We need to move towards that without the crazy strict confines.

IpsoPostFacto

No opinions, just reactions
Dec 17, 2017
It's going to take some time to undo all of the harm caused by Melynk and by extension Dorion. A new GM is going to have to remake the roster, find a new coach, get the players playing a different style, build up their pro/amateur scouting from nothing, figure out how to manage the salary cap. And on and on. They at least have some good players under contract that aren't dead weight.

They also have to get moving. Eventually if they keep losing someone is going to want out (Brady, Chychrun, Chabot, Stutzle etc.).
aren't those the guys who are supposed to help us win :)

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I can’t wait for all the info to start flooding out in the post Melnyk/Dorion era
I can only imagine how ridiculous some of the stories would be. Melnyk was a piece of work, no doubt, and it was obviously ridiculously underfunded amateur hour clown show those last years with him. And now his low priced GM in way over his head is gone too. Thankfully we can officially bury that history now, forget the toxic period, and move on with a respectable owner and staff. Its painfully clear the rebuild was never going to be successful and was destined to fail if he was still the owner.

Last edited:
Reactions: LiseL and Bileur

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Sure.... that's awesome. What is the word for people that wish to hear bad things about other people?

Let me help you How to Overcome Your Brain’s Fixation on Bad Things

I didn’t say I want to hear bad things about Dorion. I want to hear about how my favourite team was run and what employees had to face.

What’s the word when people make up arguments and respond to those arguments as if someone else had made them?

Let me help you: Straw man - Wikipedia

What about the word when people abuse of their position of authority or power to do things others couldn’t and avoid repercussions?

Let me help you again: Abuse of power Definition | Law Insider

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
I didn’t say I want to hear bad things about Dorion. I want to hear about how my favourite team was run and what employees had to face.

What’s the word when people make up arguments and respond to those arguments as if someone else had made them?

Let me help you: Straw man - Wikipedia

What about the word when people abuse of their position of authority or power to do things others couldn’t and avoid repercussions?

Let me help you again: Abuse of power Definition | Law Insider

What is this power I am abusing again? Am I using sorcery to spurn a discussion on about you wishing to hear more dirt about PD after he is gone?

Please. Let it go.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
What is this power I am abusing again? Am I using sorcery to spurn a discussion on about you wishing to hear more dirt about PD after he is gone?

Please. Let it go.

Have you seen the kind of ratings reality TV gets? WWE? Even sports is just unscripted reality TV and News is a lot of the same, or at least watched to satisfy the same needs. Humans love drama and there would be an audience if the substance is there, which it appears to be. Just because you prefer to sympathize with someone that verbally abused their staff and bullied people doesn't excuse him.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Melnyk and Dorion are gone. We are finally free.

We leave a dark age behind but we are now faced with the fact that the gongshow will take a while to course correct.

Melnyk ran a skeleton crew but gearing back up is not something that can be done quickly. We have to hire and get everyone on the same page.

Dorion assembled a good core but this team is way, way too soft to actually be hard to play against. Dorion being gone doesn't change that.

DJ, as much as I have grown to like him (I was very disappointed when we hired him) is out of ideas. A new coach will take a while to get the core performing at full capacity.

I definitely thought "ok, we can finally start making progress now that Raging Alcoholic Conman is dead" but with how rocky the start has been, the off-ice drama and our inability to overcome key and significant injuries we have to be aware that while the Agents of Evil have left us, the chaos and damage they did remains.

I'm as pissed as anyone is that we are seemingly heading for another disaster season but we have a new owner and he's made good moves so far. We just all want for things to get better faster but, usually, lasting change is slow.

The Reckoning is upon us.
This year is chalked. Lol

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Ya, I agree. They have to try something different, and coaching is a logical choice. Having said that, I'm just a little more cautious than some perhaps & wonder how big the change will be, or how long the boost will last. I think the process of getting a new coach in here has already started despite what Staois might say for public consumption.
If the assistant gm from tampa is who the target is for gm, we have to wait until the off season to get him. He already interviewed for the gm job with MA in montreal. Maybe they already know who he would have hired as coach...so they hire that person as interim coach and when..Darch! (I forgot his name) gets hired, they just remove the interim tag and it all looks good.

I have plenty of tinfoil if anybody else would like a hat.

Oduyanow

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2017
Ottawa ON
Wow ! Thanks for the info guys. I remember reading the article when it came out but I guess I forgot that part.

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
The injuries suck but what is more concerning is how this team responds to injuries from the top guys. That's the real issue.

They don't raise their games, they double down on their bad habits. They don't play tighter and with more poise, they play more junior style game.

Alfredsson, Stone, Karlsson, Spezza even f***ing Heatley I remember them raising their game when injuries hit.

This team lost Zub and fell apart.
While I agree they haven't been raising their games, I am at least glad that it isn't for the wrong reasons.

What I see is young guys trying very hard buy getting frustrated and maybe gripping the stick too hard.

I don't accept that the core is soft, they have just been part of a shit coaching, team and (off ice) leadership situation. Sprinkle in some bad injury luck and voila.

Provided we being is some experienced coaching and the off ice distractions are dealt with, I am sure the core has the right stuff to play hard and elevate.

I would not call any of Tkachuk, Stutzle, Norris, Batherson, Sanserson, Chychrun, Zub, Pinto or Greig inherently soft. Chabot might be the closest but he just needs a good system to be effective again.

If it takes until next season to get things turned around fine - as long as its done right.

Worst case we build up some draft/prospect capital at the deadline with Tarasenko and Kubalik.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad