The Rebuild: Inside the Montreal Canadiens docuseries discussion (Episode 5 and 6 now available on Crave)

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Holy shit you learn quickly, gramps :sarcasm:
Be careful Oz, @Habs is very sensitive regarding age-related posts. He identifies as a young guy online but no one is convincing me that someone as crusty as him isn't at least a 70 year old man dealing with ED and not enough fiber in his diet.

Last edited:

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
Be careful Oz, @Habs is very sensitive regarding age-related posts. He identifies as a young guy online but no one is convincing me that someone as crusty as him isn't at least a 70 year old man dealing with ED and not enough fiber in his diet.

Fake news, I get enough Fiber :(

Holy shit you learn quickly, gramps :sarcasm:

You should have seen me light up the Over 50 Beer league last night, but I can barely walk today

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Watching ep5 right now they talk about the Slaf draft it's good

Kent & Cole talk about his stick like us lol

They also talk about the yearly Xmas road trip, this year it's even worse...almost a full month with 1 week-end pit stop on NYE.

The games aren't even in the same region. Wsh->Ana->Pit wth

1000009013.jpg

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Matheson's response that he was waiting for Slaf to open up irked me lol.

Like do you think Slaf would be asking if he wasn't freaking open already?
The player being open and the passing lane to the player being open aren't the same thing though. Pretty sure Matheson was talking about waiting for the opposing player to do something which would then open up the lane for the pass.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
I havent watched is it good? I don't see the appeal personally , like they are just filming us finishing bottom 5 for 3 years? Nice
I wouldn't say it's good and can't say there was any new or important information that gets prevented but there are still some nice moments here and there. For example in one of the recent episodes there was a scene where Slaf was working with Nicholas on his shot with Hughes and Caufield talking and commenting. Nothing groundbreaking but you do kind of see the chemistry and friendship of Slaf and Cole, and the team culture that Hughes has been building.

The general format seems to be start by covering some aspect of the rebuild from years ago such as MSL's hiring, Hughes' hiring, Slafkovsky draft, etc... but I usually find it fairly superfical and short. Then they move onto some random fan's connection with the team that will then tie into them going to an upcoming game. Sprinkle in some Molson, ticket sales, Chantal, and other "behind the scenes" type of stuff about general day to day operations of professional sports. With the bulk being just recaps of the season with additional commentary from different sources that tie into what was happening at that time.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
The player being open and the passing lane to the player being open aren't the same thing though. Pretty sure Matheson was talking about waiting for the opposing player to do something which would then open up the lane for the pass.

Obviously we can't tell which exact PP they are referring to, but I mean come on.

Considering the amount of times Math had a wide open lane to Slaf and looked him off last year, AND Slaf is asking him why he didn't pass it between periods, I'm inclined to believe it was one of those moments.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
The part with Gary Buttman in the latest episode (e06) was so cringe, but also funny.

They showed the 93 cup to Gary, which was his first, and they asked him something like "you don't seem very fond of that memory?" You kinda get the feeling he wanted LA to win.

The part that was really cringe though, were those sequences of Gary working at his desk, answering the phone. It looked so fake and scripted.

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
In every episode there is a big chunk of stuff you already know or seen and of uninteresting meh material, but there's also a good 10-15 minutes that makes the viewing worth it imo

I, for one, like listening to Gorton and Hughes whenever they talk

Watched all 6 episodes and will do for the last 2 as it will likely include the draft

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
The part with Gary Buttman in the latest episode (e06) was so cringe, but also funny.

They showed the 93 cup to Gary, which was his first, and they asked him something like "you don't seem very fond of that memory?" You kinda get the feeling he wanted LA to win.

The part that was really cringe though, were those sequences of Gary working at his desk, answering the phone. It looked so fake and scripted.
On the flip side, that guy has an absolutely killer office view.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad