Barré-Boulet, Kapanen or Heineman : Who's the one staying ?

Who's the one staying with the team ?

• Alex Barré-Boulet

Votes: 19 11.9%
  • Emil Heineman

Votes: 23 14.5%
  • Oliver Kapanen

Votes: 117 73.6%

• Total voters

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
This is hilariously ironic.
LOL. Still awaiting your admission that @Walksss, @Ozmodiar and I are correct. With a M-NTC allowing trades to certain teams, the club does not need to ask for specific permission for a trade to a permitted team.

I supplied the Jeff Petry proof, and instead of thinking that through, you guys are just doubling and tripling down on error.

CGG

Jan 6, 2005
The answer to the question is Kapanen, although ABB likely stays as a 14th forward, avoiding waivers.

Mailloux, Engstrom, Heineman cut. All will likely play some games this year for the CH though.

Hughes wants to not put anyone on off-season LTIR. With Laine and RHP injured, I think the only way to do that and have 20 healthy bodies is with a bunch of paper transactions:

Roy to the minors (temporarily)
Struble to the minors (temporarily)
Kapanen to the minors (temporarily)
Xhekaj to the minors (temporarily)

Random minor leaguers like Gignac or Condotta, plus Trudeau, brought up to the team. Temporarily.

ABB on the roster. Mostly because his salary is only $775,000 and we probably don't need 8 D, so might as well carry a 14th forward who probably won't play much. He may eventually get waived, but you don't need to do that at the start of the season.

One vet (my pick is Anderson but it could also be Dvorak or Armia) waived and sent to the minors. Temporarily. If someone picks up Anderson, rejoice, but it won't happen.

That leaves a 23-man roster, including 3 injuries (Laine, RHP, Price) and about $48,000 in cap space. Then put some of those injuries on LTIR, bring back Xhekaj, Anderson, Struble, Kapanen and send Gignac/Condotta and Trudeau to the minors.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Yeah, I do, they are standard clauses in nhl contracts. Lots of guys have them.

Yeah, the Senators are losing one of the next 1st round picks in the next couple of drafts for a botched trade when Vegas tried sending Danadov to the ducks who were on his ntc. The NHL voided the trade and penalized the Sens because the Sens didn’t provide the Knights his ntc when they originally traded him there. Thus, they traded to a team his contract (ntc) blocked.

Im surprised you never heard of this.
The Dadonov error proves nothing in this particular case. The Petry case proves everything.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
He is incredibly strong and can deliver some punishing hits. The perfect guy to start on the 4th line and help him develop into more.
He demolished Amadio with a clean bone crunching check the other night. That's when I brought up Ylonen.
He skates just as well can score just as well but his shifts always result in events at one end or the other.
That was the problem with Ylonen he skated miles but aimlessly.

Bottomshelf

Sep 16, 2019
Heineman is definitely the most physically ready of the 3, and will probably be the best bottom line option l. If they are trying to fill up the line up I’d go Kap. ABB has looked better than I expected especially in the neutral zone and defensively

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Heineman is definitely the most physically ready of the 3, and will probably be the best bottom line option l. If they are trying to fill up the line up I’d go Kap. ABB has looked better than I expected especially in the neutral zone and defensively
ABB is a "tweener"...a superstar in the AHL and a guy who can't play in any line up in the entire NHL. He belongs in Laval.

Reactions: Rapala

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
ABB is a "tweener"...a superstar in the AHL and a guy who can't play in any line up in the entire NHL. He belongs in Laval.
That's why we signed him and that's where he's going sooner or later.
I'm also not concerned about putting him on waivers like some seem to be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad