The Ratings Thread - a lot of people watched wrestling on Super Tuesday, sort of

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
You do know the Olympics are taking in place in Europe? Hence they're taped broadcasts.
Has zero to do with your post...NBC and USA have replays of major events every night...

If it's not on USA during the day, it's live on Peacock...every event is there

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Has zero to do with your post...NBC and USA have replays of major events every night...

If it's not on USA during the day, it's live on Peacock...every event is there
It's just that we've literally had Americans complaining in the past on this site about NBC not providing live broadcast of events, when the Olympics are taking place in Europe. It's why I wonder how taped broadcasts put such a huge dent in ratings for e.g. wrestling.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
1722566820727.png

Should be noted that all three so far have been down by about 23%.

Reactions: Fro and sabremike

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Already? Do they go to reform school? I thought schools generally went back closer to Labor day.

Bunch of friends in Georgia had theirs start Wednesday...insane to see, missing a whole month of summer
Yeah, we have a different setup than most. Shorter summers, but several week-long breaks scattered throughout the year. For example, we have a Fall Break the last week of September. Already booked for a Sarasota trip. I honestly like it. After a couple months of entertaining kids and trying to keep them off screens, two months of summer is plenty.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Yeah, we have a different setup than most. Shorter summers, but several week-long breaks scattered throughout the year. For example, we have a Fall Break the last week of September. Already booked for a Sarasota trip. I honestly like it. After a couple months of entertaining kids and trying to keep them off screens, two months of summer is plenty.

It's gotten to the point that I am encouraging screens to keep them from driving me crazy. "Hey do you want to maybe play the Switch a bit?" Nah, I'll just agitate the dog to make him bark like a maniac

• Haha
Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
It's gotten to the point that I am encouraging screens to keep them from driving me crazy. "Hey do you want to maybe play the Switch a bit?" Nah, I'll just agitate the dog to make him bark like a maniac
Yeah... The traditional 3-month summers don't work anymore. Especially with remote working. I have a feeling that our shorter-summer-schedule will catch on everywhere over the next decade or so.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
1722967283647.png

1722967304032.png

Collision isn't out yet, but fast nationals have the number at 241k, so probably a little higher.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
WWE Raw grew greatly from last week for the show last night after SummerSlam, averaging 1.73 million viewers on Syfy and drawing a 0.62 rating in 18-49.

The numbers are very impressive considering the station change and Olympic competition. Generally the episode after SummerSlam does among the largest numbers of the year. This show likely would have topped two million viewers on USA and without Olympic competition and done a 0.70 in 18-49.

:amazed:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Wrestlenomics and PWTorch reports that "Raw" drew 1.890 million total viewers, and 0.63 in the coveted 18-49 demographic. Both numbers were up from last week, with total viewership up 10% from 1.724 million, though 18-49 was only up slightly, rising 2% from 0.63. There were also increases against the four week average, with total viewership rising 9%, while 18-49 was up 11%.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $1,050.00